It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

Scottysabres

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think the problem isn't so much Granato as it is Kevyn.  He hung onto VO, he re-signed KO, and the result is two roster spots filled ineffectively when there is talent on the farm (I don't mean green prospects like Benson/Savoie, but players who have 2, 3 years in Rochester that could move up and contribute).  I'll give Kevyn an A on defense, a C+ on goalie, but so far he's rocking a D in the forward ranks.

Granato..the players..they are all pieces on the board. Adams is the Hand, and the impetus behind their movement and performance.

• Like (+1) 2

Also, I used “Adams” to put a Face on the Hand, because it makes the most apparent sense. But “Adams” is synonymous with Front Office. If he’s merely a puppet, feel free to alter the Hand to Terry, and literally nothing about my arguments changes as a result 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

I think with past GMs this was the case... that there was a tension between Terry and the GM.  I get the sense now that Kevyn is more in sync with Terry than any previous GM.

And what is the origin of this "sense"?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Granato..the players..they are all pieces on the board. Adams is the Hand, and the impetus behind their movement and performance.

Well you know what happened to the King's hand in Game of Thrones 🙂

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think with past GMs this was the case... that there was a tension between Terry and the GM.  I get the sense now that Kevyn is more in sync with Terry than any previous GM.

I think the tension may have been more with Terry's other half but that has changed, for obvious reasons. I would hope that TP is learning from his mistakes as well or at least he should be. He's made enough of them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ... said:

I see. So it's only a coincidence that at the same marker for the past three seasons they have nearly an identical record when in reality, despite what we are seeing, the team is indeed improved and trending toward a playoff berth. Given that; the appropriate action right now would be to hold and see how the team does over the next 15 games.

Not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, but yes, the next 5 - 15 games will tell us a lot more about the team than the 1st 15 told us.  MHO, YMMV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

We are in the same spot in that I’ve posted recently that the math absolutely keeps playoffs a realistic possibly for this season 

I just disagree whole heartedly with the connotation of “panic”, and the way it’s being bandied about. If what people are posting about is “panic”, then yes I guess the panic is deserved - people should be worried if playoff are a full-stop goal this year. It’s a LOW expectation we SHOULD NOT fall short of. We *put ourselves in the position* of there being a short runway to consummate that goal by devoting so many years to build years with zero literal expectation. THIS is the cost: it’s year 4, you gotta convert on playoffs now. As a minimum. They chose this situation. If you put yourself in a position where you are left with minimal outs and the tenuous future you need to achieve looks to, at this point, be 50/50 and hanging in the balance, there should be concern 

It’s not the future we deserve that’s 50/50 and hanging in the balance: playoffs are the *minimum*. If you can’t make the playoffs in 4 years as a GM, I think you are objectively a bad GM

thats why there is “panic”. We are already well behind the 8-ball due to “time served”. Enough. Make the playoffs. They HAVE to make the playoffs. What’s up for referendum here isn’t whether Adams is a good GM: he needs to make it just to prove he’s not a walking farce 

it’s not just 7-7-1. It’s 7-7-1 in a season there is supposed to be no more runway left, by all rights.

Hockey wise, It’s not “50/50 we’ll have enough for our backpack trip through Europe this year, let’s see how it plays out”. It’s, “50/50 we aren’t going to have enough to pay the debt collector that’s coming for our legs” 

Panic.

Had a longer post typed out, but decided to bag it.

Will simply say that, wilth all due respect (and that is meant sincerely), we disagree on this one and will leave it at that.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, but yes, the next 5 - 15 games will tell us a lot more about the team than the 1st 15 told us.  MHO, YMMV.

agreed.  last season at this point, they went sideways for a month.  I am assuming, if healthy, that does not happen between now and year end.  Goaltending is better, that should make most of the difference.  then they get Quinn back. 

Edited by OrangeSeatVertigo
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think, there's a group of ppl who think the plan should be X and since Adams didn't do X, they are somewhat gleefully up in arms.

I've been around long enough on Sabrespace that you've seen my optimism over pessimism LG. Certainly I wasn't screaming at the TV "Fire Meatballs".

I've watched, just like everyone else has. I've pointed out what was noticeable to myself in any event and given the lateral direction of the points for the team in the standings I have a strong case, as of now, imho.Again, I'll defend what I posted.

Does the defenses case hold water? We shall see at seasons end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Until we win, I will never stop thinking about the fact that the reason Adams has the job, at all, is merely because he was willing to fire the humans Botterill was not. Never forget that that was the defining qualification that got Adams the job. He was willing to fire people to save costs.

Particularly while almost all of our best players to this day are Botterill recruits 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ... said:

And what is the origin of this "sense"?

See my last post 

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Had a longer post typed out, but decided to bag it.

Will simply say that, wilth all due respect (and that is meant sincerely), we disagree on this one and will leave it at that.

Victory! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well you know what happened to the King's hand in Game of Thrones 🙂

What happened?

PS:  I’m going to need you to brush up on your Game of Thrones.  Basically, the guy who got his hand chopped off wasn’t the King.  He is the Queen’s brother.

Oh, unless you were talking about the King’s Hand, Ned Stark!  Didn’t think of that first.  That guy got his head chopped off.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I've been around long enough on Sabrespace that you've seen my optimism over pessimism LG. Certainly I wasn't screaming at the TV "Fire Meatballs".

I've watched, just like everyone else has. I've pointed out what was noticeable to myself in any event and given the lateral direction of the points for the team in the standings I have a strong case, as of now, imho.Again, I'll defend what I posted.

Does the defenses case hold water? We shall see at seasons end.

He’s definitely not wrong though. It’s the “adult”  version of stomping your feet and crossing your arms. And then then get pissed off when you bring attention to it.

KA isn’t going anywhere soon. And neither is DG. For reasons that have been stated numerous times already so it doesn’t need to be repeated by me. Rant, rave, whine, as much as one sees fit. If that makes one feel better afterwards. Go for it.

Edited by Zamboni

19 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

He’s definitely not wrong though. It’s the “adult”  version of stomping your feet and crossing your arms. And then then get pissed off when you bring attention to it.

KA isn’t going anywhere soon. And neither is DG. Rant, rave, whine, as much as one sees fit. If that makes one feel better afterwards. Go for it.

Is that your definition of posting an opinion and the reasons for it? Ranting, raving, whining?

We definitely come from different eras then.

Edited by Scottysabres

6 hours ago, Curt said:

What happened?

PS:  I’m going to need you to brush up on your Game of Thrones.  Basically, the guy who got his hand chopped off wasn’t the King.  He is the Queen’s brother.

Oh, unless you were talking about the King’s Hand, Ned Stark!  Didn’t think of that first.  That guy got his head chopped off.

Ya, Ned Stark was the King's Hand. The hand chopped off was the Kingslayer. 

Anyway, it's Little Finger you have to watch out for. 

I've been hoping that GMKA would make a trade that would help this years Sabres team. He has the cap space , the prospects and the draft capital to make a couple of big upgrades but hasn't.  It's got me thinking, why hasn't he and then it came to me

last summer Peca gets a job offer from the NYR to be an assistant under the defensive minded Laviolette. 
Adams tell Peca he'd love to keep him but there is no opening on the Sabres staff
BUT considering how bad the Sabres were defensively and on the PK last year, there is no way he couldn't find room for Peca 

So he tells Peca to go coach under Laviolette for a year or two.  Learn his system and when the time is right, the Sabres will bring him back as the head coach 

I'm sure Adams was thinking 2 years but how things are going so far in 2023-24. Now I think it will be moved up to next summer.  Adams wants to see improvements but not to the point where he can fire Granato.  Hence no trades 

unless the wheels completely go off the track , DG finishes the year but is let go after the season and Michael Peca becomes the new coach of the Buffalo Sabres brining in Laviolette defensive system 

Edited by Crusader1969

10 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I've been hoping that GMKA would make a trade that would help this years Sabres team. He has the cap space , the prospects and the draft capital to make a couple of big upgrades but hasn't.  It's got me thinking, why hasn't he and then it came to me

last summer Peca gets a job offer from the NYR to be an assistant under the defensive minded Laviolette. 
Adams tell Peca he'd love to keep him but there is no opening on the Sabres staff
BUT considering how bad the Sabres were defensively and on the PK last year, there is no way he couldn't find room for Peca 

So he tells Peca to go coach under Laviolette for a year or two.  Learn his system and when the time is right, the Sabres will bring him back as the head coach 

I'm sure Adams was thinking 2 years but how things are going so far in 2023-24. Now I think it will be moved up to next summer.  Adams wants to see improvements but not to the point where he can fire Granato.  Hence no trades 

unless the wheels completely go off the track , DG finishes the year but is let go after the season and Michael Peca becomes the new coach of the Buffalo Sabres brining in Laviolette defensive system 

Cool, but you're giving Adams way too much credit here. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

This current group can’t figure out how to put the puck in the net let alone play a defensive system.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Wake up… You’re dreaming.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.