Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Making trades just to feel like you did something is fools gold. Adams likely thought he had something in UPL. He certainly made the effort to express faith in him. 

Again, I don't disagree. But for a fan base starved of any real progress for over a decade now, many aren't in the mood to deal with expressions of faith. They (including myself for full disclosure) want results. And those voices, they are growing in number, by vast amounts, daily now.

Understand, I'm not saying Adams should "cave" to fan sentiment. What I am saying is that a good portion of this fan base expressed concern with the complete paradox of Adams statements and actions. And many were actually saying this outcome long before the off season ended. Maybe, just maybe, they weren't incorrect. So, what is Adams going to do about the problems? That is now the question, before the season truly is a failure yet again.

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So...

Getting a good return for Eichel,

Drafting Quinn when everyone said Rossi,

Trading up for JJP,

Drafting Benson when 12 other GMs passed,

Drafting Kulich when 30 GMs let him drop,

Getting Ryan Johnson and Devin Levi to sign,

...doesn't meet your expectations?

Completely irrelevant.

These responses completely ignore the primary subject matter of the conversation. Adams stated the playoffs are the goal this season, yet his inability to adjust to make that happen when his initial strategy of running with young, inexperienced roster fails is the primary subject.

Signing for the future has become a crutch, your using it now. After 12+ seasons of no playoffs, the excuses no longer are acceptable.

18 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Again, I don't disagree. But for a fan base starved of any real progress for over a decade now, many aren't in the mood to deal with expressions of faith. They (including myself for full disclosure) want results. And those voices, they are growing in number, by vast amounts, daily now.

Understand, I'm not saying Adams should "cave" to fan sentiment. What I am saying is that a good portion of this fan base expressed concern with the complete paradox of Adams statements and actions. And many were actually saying this outcome long before the off season ended. Maybe, just maybe, they weren't incorrect. So, what is Adams going to do about the problems? That is now the question, before the season truly is a failure yet again.

Feeling like you have to do something leads to doing the wrong thing.

That "starved for progress" line is curious. Are you saying this team is at the same level as the final days of Krueger? There has been no progress since then? Really? 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Feeling like you have to do something leads to doing the wrong thing.

That "starved for progress" line is curious. Are you saying this team is at the same level as the final days of Krueger? There has been no progress since then? Really? 

Oh, I don't believe we have to go in depth to see the results are the same. I have to ask, do you feel that way? That the results are different?

Maybe we're speaking past one another if that is the case. The playoffs are the goal, get in, anything may, or may not happen. But getting in is the goal.

Are you suggesting that is not the goal? Even after Adams publicly stated it is?

33 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Completely irrelevant.

These responses completely ignore the primary subject matter of the conversation. Adams stated the playoffs are the goal this season, yet his inability to adjust to make that happen when his initial strategy of running with young, inexperienced roster fails is the primary subject.

Signing for the future has become a crutch, your using it now. After 12+ seasons of no playoffs, the excuses no longer are acceptable.

Wrong. Entirely relevant. Everything the Sabres are now comes from decisions made by Kevyn Adams. 

Also you keep bringing up this playoff mandate thing. That a fan expectation, not a promise made by anyone with the Sabres. Adams has no pressure to "do something" because you say it's playoffs or bust.

10 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Oh, I don't believe we have to go in depth to see the results are the same. I have to ask, do you feel that way? That the results are different?

Maybe we're speaking past one another if that is the case. The playoffs are the goal, get in, anything may, or may not happen. But getting in is the goal.

Are you suggesting that is not the goal? Even after Adams publicly stated it is?

The playoffs are the goal... eventually. It's not mandatory this year.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wrong. Entirely relevant. Everything the Sabres are now comes from decisions made by Kevyn Adams. 

Also you keep being up the playoff mandate thing. That a fan expectation, not a promise made by anyone with the Sabres. Adams has no pressure to "do something" because you say it's playoffs or bust.

Of course it's a fan expectation. Your getting flustered if this is the response that you chose to run with. You know how I can tell? You stated "Adams has no pressure to "do something" because you say it's playoffs or bust".

My responses have been consistent through out. It was Adams himself who stated the playoffs were the goal. I merely pointed out a large portion of the fan base is expecting that after a dozen+ years of their absence. Of course expectations are higher than those dozen plus years, the bar should be higher than what we've witnessed, even under Adams tenure. Being a fan does not mean we have to resign ourselves to a "monkey paw, walked under a ladder, a black cat walked in front of us, we broke a mirror" mindset.

Your better than this promo. I don't expect we'll see eye to eye on this, but I still respect your input, and I understand it. I would never say it's wrong, as I often say, I agree, or I see things differently. But I won't make glossy excuses when I'm incorrect, humorous ones yes, but I won't gloss it over.

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Of course it's a fan expectation. Your getting flustered if this is the response that you chose to run with. You know how I can tell? You stated "Adams has no pressure to "do something" because you say it's playoffs or bust".

My responses have been consistent through out. It was Adams himself who stated the playoffs were the goal. I merely pointed out a large portion of the fan base is expecting that after a dozen+ years of their absence. Of course expectations are higher than those dozen plus years, the bar should be higher than what we've witnessed, even under Adams tenure. Being a fan does not mean we have to resign ourselves to a "monkey paw, walked under a ladder, a black cat walked in front of us, we broke a mirror" mindset.

Your better than this promo. I don't expect we'll see eye to eye on this, but I still respect your input, and I understand it. I would never say it's wrong, as I often say, I agree, or I see things differently. But I won't make glossy excuses when I'm incorrect, humorous ones yes, but I won't gloss it over.

😂😂 Believe what you want. I'm exhausted trying to explain things to you.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Amerks win it in the shootout as Levi slams the door and regains the magic.

.952 sv% tonight for Levi.

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Levi has always been a stud in shootouts

I felt pretty good just getting to the shootout. Freaking refs were giving Bville power plays like Halloween candy. 11 penalties on the Amerks!

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

.952 sv% tonight for Levi.

I felt pretty good just getting to the shootout. Freaking refs were giving Bville power plays like Halloween candy. 11 penalties on the Amerks!

He was stellar. Literally the difference in the game. He wasn’t gonna let the Sens or the refs beat him tonight. 

Do you think Appert starts him again tomorrow? Levi certainly did that a lot in college. 

I know this is a game thread, but the Amerks have too many vets on D to have given up the second most goals against in the AHL. 

ROC is now 11-5-2, and have a winning percentage of .667. The teams sandwiched around them in the GA category have a win percentage of .389 & .412.  This organization needs to figure out how to systematically improve team defense.  
The Amerks are giving up more than four goals a game on average.  

7 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I know this is a game thread, but the Amerks have too many vets on D to have given up the second most goals against in the AHL. 

ROC is now 11-5-2, and have a winning percentage of .667. The teams sandwiched around them in the GA category have a win percentage of .389 & .412.  This organization needs to figure out how to systematically improve team defense.  
The Amerks are giving up more than four goals a game on average.  

Their record is a complete fluke. Bad team bailed out by 3-4 exceptional offensive players. 

5 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Their record is a complete fluke. Bad team bailed out by 3-4 exceptional offensive players. 

I think you’re right. And it isn’t even because Cooley sucks and Toker was hurt.  There’s something systematically wrong with the organization’s commitment to team defense.  All eyes should be on it.