Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

Fun stats line from the 11/10 3-2 win vs. Utica. Rosen, Novikov, and Prow picked up assists, but the rest of the scoring was Metsa and the ECHL injury call-ups. Goals from Metsa, Fiddler-Schultz, Brown, and Giroux. Other assists from Slaggert and D. Mersch (Mersch the Younger).

Also: Let's give it up for GMTM for 2014 6th-round pick Christopher Brown (Doug Brown's kid) getting his first goal within the Sabres organization! He was essentially "signed" to the Amerks along with the ECHL Jacksonville affiliation where he's played the last few years.

Also also: 2014 5th round pick Max Willman would have been in the game for Utica, but he was called up by the Devils. And the 7th round pick in VO could also have been in the game for the Amerks... or for the Sabres if Savoie wasn't getting his look. Considering Brendan Lemieux is still scuffling around (now with the Hurricanes) and Jonas Johansson is the backup with the Lightning, it wasn't a bad draft overall... it was just a very bad 2nd round of whom none did a thing for the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

5-0 now. There isn't one decent goalie in the entire organization. Just pray they don't ruin Levi by throwing him right into the NHL.

You're kind of right.  Levi is way beyond just decent. 😉  

No idea what you mean by getting ruined by "throwing him right into the NHL."

10 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

5-0 now. There isn't one decent goalie in the entire organization. Just pray they don't ruin Levi by throwing him right into the NHL.

Tokarski is very good in the AHL. He should’ve played tonight. Cooley is awful and he was an awful signing. Terrible miss by whoever suggested signing him. 

1 minute ago, Amerks8796 said:

Tokarski is very good in the AHL. He should’ve played tonight. Cooley is awful and he was an awful signing. Terrible miss by whoever suggested signing him. 

I was at the game last Friday where the Amerks blew the lead late and Toker gave up the OT game winner on a horrible goal. Every game I go to, the other teams goalies always look so much better. 

45 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I was at the game last Friday where the Amerks blew the lead late and Toker gave up the OT game winner on a horrible goal. Every game I go to, the other teams goalies always look so much better. 

Yeah that was a bad goal, but he’s very good and really the only reason they won in Syracuse last week and last night. The Amerks are terrible and he’s given them their only decent goaltending this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Yeah that was a bad goal, but he’s very good and really the only reason they won in Syracuse last week and last night. The Amerks are terrible and he’s given them their only decent goaltending this season.  

They tried to blow that game last night. The defense is horrible. 

Anybody else’s AHLTV crap out all of a sudden?

Edit: Looks like it’s just a problem with the app as I can watch it on the AHLTV website. And just as I get the game back, the Monsters tie it at 4 early in the 3rd. I’ve managed to miss five of the 8 goals scored tonight.

Edited by K-9