GDT - Montréal @ Buffalo - Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG (?) & WGR - RMNH (SportsNet TV - CANADA) & SportsNet+ (pirate satellite)

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 19 years… and when the Sabres score… Everybody around me (who can) stands and applauds and cheers. And I mean everybody. And that’s every game, every goal ,every year that I’ve been going to Sabres games. 

And if they didn’t, I’m sure they’d hear about it from you 

😉

- - -

Wasn’t planing on making my third prediction today but, it’s Montreal:

Sabres easy W

• Like (+1) 1

I’d sooner watch a non-Man of Steel Zack Snyder movie every day, first thing in the morning, then see a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup

Edited by Thorny
I’d rather eat at Arby’s than see a Canadian team win the Cup

1 minute ago, JohninMinn. said:

The same people that hated Mitts are hating VO. Give the guy a little more time. I'm seeing some very good things.

He’s nearly 30, he’s kinda what he is at this point. Not really an analogous situation to Casey 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

To me this one's really important. We see if they bring the same intensity and physicality they brought in the red and black last game. If they bring that same game again they should win and maybe even dominate. But will they? I think the answer to that question will tell us a lot about how this season might go. 

Even if they do someone will come back with “it was only Montreal”. I wonder who?

13 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

The same people that hated Mitts are hating VO. Give the guy a little more time. I'm seeing some very good things.

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He’s nearly 30, he’s kinda what he is at this point. Not really an analogous situation to Casey 

Thank you 

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He’s nearly 30, he’s kinda what he is at this point.

Just turned 28 a few months ago… Fast skater… Killer shot… Working on a two way game…

Granato likes him.

6 minutes ago, Believer said:

Just turned 28 a few months ago… Fast skater… Killer shot… Working on a two way game…

Granato likes him.

I always forget that after a win, every player we have is good, and after a loss, every player is bad. Those are the two options available 

It’s always either “TRADE EVERYONE!” Or “Tage Thompson/insert prospect/player is Josh Allinn”

I’ve actually been one of VO’s more ardent defenders in the past. Sometimes your roster needs to evolve 

Edited by Thorny

36 minutes ago, bg17 said:

Even if they do someone will come back with “it was only Montreal”. I wonder who?

That will be a valid consideration. Do you remember the 10 game win streak with Eichel and Reinhart? This team has fooled us before so a large sample size is needed before you can proclaim something truly promising. I won't jump on any bandwagons any more  that's for sure. 

But put that aside, all that matters is for this team to become what it can be and to do that now. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

That will be a valid consideration. Do you remember the 10 game win streak with Eichel and Reinhart? This team has fooled us before so a large sample size is needed before you can proclaim something truly promising. I won't jump on any bandwagons any more  that's for sure. 

But put that aside, all that matters is for this team to become what it can be and to do that now. 

If you want to say a team that had Skinner, Girgensons, Okposo, a 19-year-old Mitts, a 20-year-old Tage, and an 18-year-old Rasmus is the same team, I guess i ain't going to stop you.

Lot of baggage on this board.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is a tangent but the most important, increasingly impressive large sample size I’m paying attention to this season is the trend line: really, it’s nothing short of the defining aspect of what has made the Adams tenure successful to this point. It’s to me also the most perilous, but following through on it this year I’d say is even more important than actually making the playoffs 

31 > > 24 > > 20

- our finish in league standings year over year since Adams took over. That’s a large sample size that illustrates the job well done Adams has delivered. Consistent improvement. 

It’s perilous, because if you add in, say, a 22 at the end of this season, the trend line is broken. And what we are left with, arguably, is merely a collection of below average league relative results.

But add in even an 18, and it’s a difficult trend to argue with, because it will be full of a substantial amount of data that says we are on continually elevating tracks 

Just something to pay attention to 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

That will be a valid consideration. Do you remember the 10 game win streak with Eichel and Reinhart? This team has fooled us before so a large sample size is needed before you can proclaim something truly promising.

Except the 10 game win streak was, itself, worrisome to anyone not caught up in the emotions. 9 of the 10 games were single goal differentials and 7 of the 10 were OT/SO. That's basically coinflip games.

There was a return to the mean--and a hard one at that--which was to be expected. 11-3-1 in November was balanced by 2-12-2 in March (also a departure from the mean).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.