Savoie to Amerks on Conditioning Assignment

Brawndo

Hoping someone can clarify. I know Wright went down on a conditioning stint that was allowed for something along the lines not having played x amount of consecutive games. Savoie’s conditioning stint is obviously a biproduct of his IR time, but will be still be able to use a Wright-esque excuse to do a second conditioning stint down the road if needed? 

So I think someone posted in a different thread that once the conditioning stint is over, he either goes back to juniors or the Sabres need to make a roster move to keep him on the NHL roster.  So, if no one gets hurt badly enough to go on IR between now and then, then someone will get waived or sent down to Rochester -- or maybe Benson goes back to juniors.

Still, a lot can happen in 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So I think someone posted in a different thread that once the conditioning stint is over, he either goes back to juniors or the Sabres need to make a roster move to keep him on the NHL roster.  So, if no one gets hurt badly enough to go on IR between now and then, then someone will get waived or sent down to Rochester -- or maybe Benson goes back to juniors.

Still, a lot can happen in 2 weeks.

Savoie’s two week conditioning stint ends on Nov 5. The Sabres play eight games between now and then. Assuming Benson is healthy enough to play at some point this week, his nine game showcase will end about that time. My friendly wager is that Benson goes back to juniors and Savoie will get his nine game look.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

No only one conditioning assignment is allowed. He will have the chance to play in up to six games  though in the next 14 days 

Is this true even if a player is past the 9 game mark and has a second injury and returns from IR?

I’m curious because I can’t find anything specific about it. I can’t find one about waiver exempt conditioning stints either. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Savoie’s two week conditioning stint ends on Nov 5. The Sabres play eight games between now and then. Assuming Benson is healthy enough to play at some point this week, his nine game showcase will end about that time. My friendly wager is that Benson goes back to juniors and Savoie will get his nine game look.  

Why can't both stay and just learn from nhl players? What's the worst thing about Rotating them both..

Let's look at Savoie in Rochester he looked horrible does sending him down to lower Competition help him?

Buffalo should do the sink or swim with them both 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Why can't both stay and just learn from nhl players? What's the worst thing about Rotating them both..

Let's look at Savoie in Rochester he looked horrible does sending him down to lower Competition help him?

83k67u.thumb.jpg.939e8f696903bc12261b0e41b9c1e99d.jpg

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I think you’ll see Benson’s minutes and PP time will dwindle.  He is a smart player, but he doesn’t have an NHL body yet and it will wear him down over time. 

Like Freeman said, a lot could change in two weeks.  An injury or a clearing of UPL’s roster spot could change things.  

Another option is to send him to Junior’s and recall him later in the year if the league is too easy for him.  

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Another  option is to send him to Junior’s and recall him later in the year if the league is too easy for him.  

Once a player is sent back to Juniors, the only way they can be called back up is through an emergency recall and they would involve multiple injuries to the forward ranks to happen. 

23 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

First of all the AHL is not lower competition for Savoie, lets see him compete down there and earn a callup.  

I thought you wanted trades to bring in vets to help us make the playoffs?  Now you want to sink or swim with two under 20 rookies?  

Which one is it? 

Confused Which One GIF by India Love

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

First of all the AHL is not lower competition for Savoie, lets see him compete down there and earn a callup.  

I thought you wanted trades to bring in vets to help us make the playoffs?  Now you want to sink or swim with two under 20 rookies?  

Which one is it? 

Confused Which One GIF by India Love

I didn't say AHL was the lower Competition.. 

On 10/23/2023 at 2:31 PM, Buffalonill said:

You are dead on with this. Candidly - if we have to burn both of their entry level deals to let them flip between the AHL and NHL all season...so be it. If both are showing the have NHL 'readiness' - get them out of juniors. 

I mean, if we are worried about only having Benson locked up until age 26 versus 27 as an RFA...that is a bit misguided. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.