GDT: Flames @ Sabres, Oct. 19, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Makes sense. ย So it completely wonโ€™t happen.

We may simply see something like:

ย 

Dahlin/Clifton

Power/Joker

Bryson/EJohnson

ย 

instead if Granato wants to keep Power/Joker together. I can't imagine either Johnson or Bryson being the one paired with Dahlin. Johnson is too old to do those minutes and Bryson is too much of a liability.

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not his nickname, nor will it be in Buffalo.ย 

Again, no. RJ is the one and only RJ. I get that this is Ryan Johnson's initials but no, stop it.ย 

This is RJ.ย 

ย 

I'm trying RyJo.ย  I think that makes it clear with the minimum number of letters.

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

In response to that Twitter post, waivers may not be the issue, but carry 3 goalies is. Thereโ€™s no open roster slot currently for anyone to be shuttling back and forth to o Rochester.ย 

That Twitter post is lame.ย  Johnson is better served playing in the AHL for awhile, not sitting out games as a 7th defenseman in Buffalo.ย  ย Playing in the AHL will expose him to a physical game, even if it is slower than the NHL, it is a step or two beyond the NCAA.ย 
ย 

ย If we need to call him up he is close by.ย ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That Twitter post is lame.ย  Johnson is better served playing in the AHL for awhile, not sitting out games as a 7th defenseman in Buffalo.ย  ย Playing in the AHL will expose him to a physical game, even if it is slower than the NHL, it is a step or two beyond the NCAA.ย 
ย 

ย If we need to call him up he is close by.ย ย 

I was talking specifically about the bottom one, which was something I actually suggested at the end of the preseason. And I do think that winds up happening eventually when injuries start to pop up. Heโ€™s going to get a good amount of ice time with the Sabres in short term call up.ย 
ย 

This is, of course, assuming he plays well and thrives in Rochester. I do think that happens.ย 

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

.....and the goalie is ??????ย  Levi? or is DG going to give someone else some PT?ย  Obviously, Levi was excellent against TB, but isn't time to see what, if anything, we have in Comrie or UPL?

If Levi is going to be "The Man" he has to get used to stretches of consecutive starts as he is being given. That to me is the "see what you have" going on right now. I think you see Comrie or UPL in Ottawa. I do though like the idea of resting Levi against Montreal and having him play against a tougher Senator team!ย 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.