GDT: Rangers @ Sabres - October 12, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG-B📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Thanks zebras, we'll call it even

I still wish teams had the option, if a penalty is taken with less than 2 mins in a period, to start it at the beginning of the next period

The next team to cash in with “the benefit of fresh ice” to start a period will be the first team to cash in with the benefit of fresh ice to start a period 

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of Benson. Word has it here in Kelowna that if Buffalo sends him back to junior, the Rockets are in the market for a trade and he’s top of their list. My buddy is in the know with some management and told them they’ll billet him if they do so. We live one block from the rink, so I told him, they can billet my daughter instead and Zach can live with us. Lol

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

I haven't been on this site long, although been a fan since 1973. I have to ask, are the fans on this site always in complete meltdown mode? Because a lot of the comments I'm reading are ridiculous.

Welcome to our dysfunctional family dood.  😄

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't been on this site long, although been a fan since 1973. I have to ask, are the fans on this site always in complete meltdown mode? Because a lot of the comments I'm reading are ridiculous.

13 years of darkness tends to jade a fanbase. So, yes, pretty normal. Some of it is tongue-in-cheek, though.

This team has done a lot of losing and people are understandably cynical. Also, this place is nothing compared to Two Bills Drive’s game day threads. 

2 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

This is a message board. This thread is about the game being played. When they are getting drastically outplayed, outshot, and outscored, THAT is going to be the reaction because that is what we can react to.  A bit more sanity (a bit) can be found in the other threads...but if you are looking for people to not react emotionally in a gameday thread, you are looking in the wrong place. This isn't a Sabres forum issue either, it happens to every team, every fanbase in their gameday thread.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Welcome to the board. Please bring some cheese. There is always plenty of whine to go around...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

This is a message board. This thread is about the game being played. When they are getting drastically outplayed, outshot, and outscored, THAT is going to be the reaction because that is what we can react to.  A bit more sanity (a bit) can be found in the other threads...but if you are looking for people to not react emotionally in a gameday thread, you are looking in the wrong place. This isn't a Sabres forum issue either, it happens to every team, every fanbase in their gameday thread.

Thanks for your condescending answer. All message boards certainly are not like I'm seeing in this thread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.