Quick Question about Tickets

thewookie1

• thewookie1 changed the title to Quick Question about Tickets
2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

My brother got a pair of tickets to the opener and we have 2 tickets and 2 QR code vouchers. What are those for exactly?

thank you

How did you buy the tickets? Through the Sabres or a reseller? There's no explanation on the QR codes?  I guess you could scan them with your phone and see what pops up.

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I have 2 regular tickets, but also 2 additional vouchers 

Yes, I know. But please explain further:

Where did you buy the tickets?
Do you have paper tickets or something on a phone app?
Are the vouchers on paper or in digital form too?
How do you know they are vouchers? Does it say "voucher" with no other explanation?
Does your phone have a QR code reader? Use it on the voucher QR code and see what comes up.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, I know. But please explain further:

Where did you buy the tickets?
Do you have paper tickets or something on a phone app?
Are the vouchers on paper or in an email too?
How do you know they are vouchers? Does it say "voucher" with no other explanation?
Does your phone have a QR code reader? Use it on the voucher QR code and see what comes up.

Brother got the tickets from work, they were given to him by his boss for free

2 tickets ready for scanning in wallet app

the vouchers are listed separately from the tickets 

Literally just say voucher

I'll check when my brother returns  

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Brother got the tickets from work, they were given to him by his boss for free

2 tickets ready for scanning in wallet app

the vouchers are listed separately from the tickets 

Literally just say voucher

I'll check when my brother returns  

My wild guess is they will get you whatever giveaway they have at the arena Thursday. Strictly a guess.

If you click on the voucher does anything else pop up?

Either a voucher for a surprise gift or voucher for parking at the attached garage?  And all my years being a season-ticket holder I’ve never heard of a separate voucher like that.

maybe your brother should ask his boss what the vouchers are for. That would end the confusion 😂

No idea if this is why, but Opening night there are 2 giveaways. 

The first 5,000 fans in Alumni Plaza will receive a “Let’s Go Buffalo” rally towel.

All fans in attendance for the game will receive a commemorative “RJ Way” street sign as a keepsake of the night.

Maybe the voucher is for the RJ Way sign?

For giveaways it's typically not a "everyone gets one" kind of deal, just something they give everyone as they enter until they are gone. 

Not sure why they need to do a voucher though

source: https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-2023-home-opener-details-rj-way-giveaway-party-in-the-plaza

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Captain Caveman said:

Rather than open a new thread I thought I'd hijack this one...

I am hoping to go the the Nov. 14th game against the Bruins, most likely by myself.  Am I correct in assuming I'll likely do better pricing wise if I wait until it's close to game day to get my ticket?

I don't really price watch, but in the past I've had mixed success with that strategy. Sometimes you can get really cheap tickets at the last minute, other times not so much. It depends on how bad the team is playing, who the opponent is and night of the week. 

Weeknights and and Western Conference teams always seem to be easier to get cheap last minute.

Given the number of empty seats for home games, it's probably a good idea. However I expect a lot of Bruins fans will show up, which could end up driving the prices up some. Being a Tuesday game though, it should be cheaper than if they were playing on the weekend.

But if the Sabres start winning a lot, it may get people back into the arena, especially for a division game.

I'd hold off on buying tickets right now, but maybe check daily and if prices start to rise pick it up. But it's always a bit of a crapshoot in my experience.

3 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Rather than open a new thread I thought I'd hijack this one...

I am hoping to go the the Nov. 14th game against the Bruins, most likely by myself.  Am I correct in assuming I'll likely do better pricing wise if I wait until it's close to game day to get my ticket?

In my opinion… You should look on craigslist, or stub hub, there may be people right now selling those tickets… And cheap. In my opinion, The longer you wait, the longer there is potential that the tickets you get won’t be the most ideal tickets that you may want. if you can grab a seat in a good location you like, for under $50… Just do it sooner rather than later.
Or, you could hope that it’s not a sell out or close to a sell out… And just get whatever seats are remaining. You just may not like the location because you waited so long. 

then there always is the potential option of moving into a seat that’s better… Once you are there. 

On 10/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, tom webster said:

If no one else told you, voucher code was a Ticketmaster mistake

The vouchers are everywhere if you have e-tickets. And yes, they're meaningless -- for now. Apparently, there's still a plan to use that functionality to provide "bonuses" of sorts, such as an opportunity to buy Bandits tickets before they go on sale to the general public. 

I'm thinking about Sunday vs. Colo. I can get home before dark. My fave sections, 306 and 307, are pushing 100 bucks if not a little more (and a very special seat for over 500; gotta wonder if seats that expensive ever get sold). 308 is more my flavor at 50ish, but it's endzone-y. I probably should look at the other side of the rink but doubt it's any different. The only reason I preferred the 306 side was the chance to glimpse Rick. Sigh.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.