GDT: Sabres vs Pens- October 6, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG/NHLN📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Sometimes a game like this is okay in the pre-season. It may help them, let's call it re-focus. There's been a lot of smoke blown in their direction this off-season, but I honestly have no real concern about the team, they'll be just fine. Still time to come back and play well in this game too

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

If Levi is going to have bad games, may as well let it be a game that doesn’t matter

If he's not ready yet to be an NHL starter, the Sabres are screwed this year.  And that's not on him, it's on Adams.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, jad1 said:

If he's not ready yet to be an NHL starter, the Sabres are screwed this year.  And that's not on him, it's on Adams.  

This is a legitimate concern. They seem to have put a lot of weight on the kid. Let's hope he can hand it. I'm a supporter of KA but this one area seems to be the biggest question mark I have in his moves or lack of them.

Not really sure what Adams is doing. Doesn't address the goalie situation, again. I don't blame Levi at all. He's gonna be a good one some day soon, as long as they don't ruin him first. Then he brings in Clifton and 47 year old Johnson to fix the  defense? I don't get it. He may have lucked out with Benson, but other than that, he hasn't done *****. 

7 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Bingo!!!!

• Disagree 1

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Not really sure what Adams is doing. Doesn't address the goalie situation, again. I don't blame Levi at all. He's gonna be a good one some day soon, as long as they don't ruin him first. Then he brings in Clifton and 47 year old Johnson to fix the  defense? I don't get it. He may have lucked out with Benson, but other than that, he hasn't done *****. 

He did save a bunch of money on his car insurance....

By car pooling with Rayzor to work 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Dahlin is going to hide Clifton’s skates before the next game.

can we end the Dahlin/Clifton experiment.  There's a reason Boston benched him in the playoffs last year and he has no right (or ability) to be a top pair defenseman.  what did Sammy do (who is +1 tonight btw) to stop playing with Dahiln? Did he turn down a dinner invite from Adams?

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Levi could have made a save or two more here, but Clifton/Dahlin have been horrible in front of him.  The other two pairings have been fine.  We know Dahlin is solid so......CLifton needs to play 12 minutes on the 3rd pairing.  Hellebuyk would have been lit up tonight behind this effort.  3 sabres are plus tonight, Benson, the demoted Sammy and Joker (who has been quite good

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.