Tonight's Sabres Bruins on MSG

RVJ

14 minutes ago, RVJ said:

Almost unwatchable.

Worst announcer I ever heard in any sport. Is this a joke ?

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Welcome back!

No, Edwards is really that bad.

I haven't heard Jack Edwards in years.  He doesn't sound well at all.  Sad.  I remember when he used to do the commentary for sumo wrestling on ESPN, lol, good stuff! 

Edited by jayg

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Oy - sorry to hear that Edwards isn't well.

I know he was popular to hate because of his over the top homerist approach. But I quite enjoyed him when he was at the peak of his powers.

Not last night, he sounded like he loved our team. Praised Levi, Benson and others. Sorry to hear its a health issue. 

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Not last night, he sounded like he loved our team. Praised Levi, Benson and others. Sorry to hear its a health issue. 

Ya, he's a definite homer on penalty calls in the season and favours his team heavily but he has praised a lot of Buffalo guys last year as well as this year. Both of them pretty much are in the camp that Buffalo and Ottawa and maybe Detroit are all on the rise and will give the Bruins trouble. They did a whole thing on Levi and his potential end of last year. This game they were lauding Benson repeatedly. 

He did sound off though. I just assumed he hadn't bothered to learn all the preseason player names but maybe he's not well. idk. Sophia looked good in the intermission though so who cares 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I lived in Boston years ago (early 2000's) at the time someone named Dale Arnold was doing the Bruins play by play.  He wasn't spectacular, but he did a good job was easy to understand, and wasn't that much of a 'home', pretty respectful to other teams.  I actually enjoyed him. Edwards must have taken over for him and is about 15x worse.  He is very hard to listen to.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Sabres Fan said:

Devon Levi should be the opening night goalie for the Buffalo Sabres he looked outstanding. Preseason, regular season or playoffs whatever beating the Boston Bruins is great in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Outside of bringing in someone from outside the organization, I don’t think I’ve heard one person on this planet say anything different.  

40 minutes ago, inkman said:

Outside of bringing in someone from outside the organization, I don’t think I’ve heard one person on this planet say anything different.  

Even if they do bring somebody from the outside in it needs to be a Saros or Hellebucyk to even think about dropping Levi down to the backup role.

EVERYBODY has Levi in as the starter in magic marker at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.