Unsubstantiated SabreSpace Rumormongering: Pegs is selling the team….

Skooby

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo is one of the top NHL Markets

What a load of crap

They don’t have to be moved & maybe somebody can get a new arena built in Buffalo. This doesn’t have to be negative, the team has been run like crap. It’s super expensive for games & we’re playoff less for a very long time. Don’t act like you’d miss these folks owning it, also the food is inedible there (hence the change for that). The food surrounding the arena is off the chart good, going to eat after games makes si much sense.

12 minutes ago, JohnRobertEichel said:

Sometimes when I fart, poop comes out. People around me can smell it. They point their fingers at me and laugh. Some shout, "hey, there goes Mr. Poopy Pants!" It makes me sad.

Ironically my cell phone calls me Mr pooper pants as a previously set up joke. I don’t know how to change that but I don’t really want too. Good catch.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Dahlin's signing "soon" is another junk thread based on something the beef carver at Noco heard.

Yeah this business about breaking up management was also done because they’re redoing the package for sale which didn’t include the Bills executives. Clean break there. What did Terry or Kim do up to this point to make the Sabres successful?? Hitting the cap floor doesn’t count, missing the playoffs every year neither. 

• nfreeman changed the title to Unsubstantiated SabreSpace Rumormongering: Pegs is selling the team….

I have no idea if he is selling the team soon, in 3 years or never.  Certainly splitting the Sabres and Bills makes the bookkeeping more straight forward if he wants to bring in a minority shareholder or sell the team outright.  

It's doubtful he is selling the team anytime soon.  Why sell the team after you have absorbed losses and the team is about to turn the corner and become competitive again?  Why sell the team after you have agreed to funnel significant improvements into the stadium?  I can see selling part of the team to bring in capital to pay for the improvements and/or recoup past losses, but why do that now when the valuation of the franchise should jump after a few playoff seasons and the ticket base returns?

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have no idea if he is selling the team soon, in 3 years or never.  Certainly splitting the Sabres and Bills makes the bookkeeping more straight forward if he wants to bring in a minority shareholder or sell the team outright.  

It's doubtful he is selling the team anytime soon.  Why sell the team after you have absorbed losses and the team is about to turn the corner and become competitive again?  Why sell the team after you have agreed to funnel significant improvements into the stadium?  I can see selling part of the team to bring in capital to pay for the improvements and/or recoup past losses, but why do that now when the valuation of the franchise should jump after a few playoff seasons and the ticket base returns?

After reading this, what are we all hanging unto again with this owner?? This is embarrassing, let’s hope when sold the new owner really cares about winning versus feeling important. It’s not been run right, it’s the hottest mess ever.

Who has the longest active NHL Playoffs drought?

The longest currently active NHL Playoffs drought belongs to the Buffalo Sabres who have gone 12 seasons without making the playoffs. The Buffalo Sabres last playoff game was a 5-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Apr 26, 2011.

Who has the longest all time NHL Playoffs drought?

The longest all time NHL Playoffs drought belongs to the Buffalo Sabres, who also have the longest active drought at 12 seasons.

Edited by Skooby
Y
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Skooby said:

After reading this, what are we all hanging unto again with this owner?? This is embarrassing, let’s hope when sold the new owner really cares about winning versus feeling important. It’s not been run right, it’s the hottest mess ever.

No one is hanging onto anything. People are looking for credible information, which is in short supply here.

5 minutes ago, Skooby said:

The longest currently active NHL Playoffs drought belongs to the Buffalo Sabres who have gone 12 seasons without making the playoffs. The Buffalo Sabres last playoff game was a 5-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Apr 26, 2011.

The longest all time NHL Playoffs drought belongs to the Buffalo Sabres, who also have the longest active drought at 12 seasons.

Did you copy and paste this from some AI-generated aggregator site?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'd actually like it if Pegula sold the team, as long as they keep the Sabres in Buffalo. In fact I've been beating this drum for years. Until just recently, under the Pegulas the team has been an epic failure. He's had the opposite of the Midas Touch. They've made every mistake in the book with this team and that's undeniable. 

• Agree 1

Not for nothing, as reported in today's TBN:

image.thumb.png.7db324b7180d1351d090b9f82f8ac831.png

Now, the matter of spending money on the Bills is a horse of a different colour, I realize. The Bills make money.

Even so, the Pegulas have not hesitated to throw money at the Sabres over the years. That changed, of course, when GM KA came in and engineered a tear down and true rebuild.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Skooby said:

That's right there betrays what this thread is really about. You want Terry to sell and dislike Kim Pegula. Idc because I don't know either of them but an unsubstantiated claim that Terry is selling is because you think they have run the team poorly (they have) doesn't make the rest of us hung up on anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's right there betrays what this thread is really about. You want Terry to sell and dislike Kim Pegula. Idc because I don't know either of them but an unsubstantiated claim that Terry is selling is because you think they have run the team poorly (they have) doesn't make the rest of us hung up on anything. 

Longest playoff-less streak in NHL history, so it’s not me thinking the truth it’s the truth. Also I have nothing against anyone but their own lack of making changes necessary to win and succeed. We’ve been cap floor dwellers for years now, so who else but the owner is to blame ? 

11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

This thread would be far more credible if it came from people on the board who are relatively "in the know".

Average person work here is pulling ice cream handles at Anderson’s, so don’t step out of line.

Edited by Skooby