How Good Is Brandon Montour?

bob_sauve28

How Good Is Brandon Montour?   

44 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Is Brandon Montour?

• Definitely A Norris Trophy Candidate With Chance To Win --A Good chance!
    • Maybe a candidate, but will never win it
    • He might get a sympathy vote, but no chance he wins a Norris
    • Should not even be considered as an outside chance of winning, just stop this nonsense already
    • He isn't even really that good
    • I bet he is out of the league soon

A couple of guys got into this big argument over this at a party I was at and I didn't get involved. One dude thought Brandon was the greatest and the other said he isn't that good, so I just bring it to the board for some summer thoughts. 

Personally, I always liked him, think he has real passion, obviously skates real well and is offensively gifted. I always thought he needed to settle down and relax a little as he seemed too hyper, a problem I kind of had when I first started playing. Seems like he has gotten over that. I think he is a well above average player but not ready to say he is a Norris candidate, but who knows

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

He's not in the Norris conversation so I won't even answer the poll which centers on Norrisness.  He's a solid D coming off a career year.

If he racks up points like last year then its not out of the question. 

The norris Trophy isn't about the best defenseman. It's about who scores the most points 

Edited by Buffalonill

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I have no idea where he even plays.

He was kind of okay here, so probably the same wherever he is.

He is 5x the player now that he was here. But he wasn't terrible here (until everyone was). Just couldn't get that level out of him the way Florida can

He was 12th in Norris voting and scored as much as Dahlin

I think this thread wouldn't even exist if Montour hadn't scored 13 points in the playoffs; several of his goals were crucial.  That shined the spotlight on him.  I think it will turn out that last year was his peak year for scoring and he'll be back to 20-30 points per season going forward.

33 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think this thread wouldn't even exist if Montour hadn't scored 13 points in the playoffs; several of his goals were crucial.  That shined the spotlight on him.  I think it will turn out that last year was his peak year for scoring and he'll be back to 20-30 points per season going forward.

Well, maybe so but I don't think he slips back to where he was yet.

For what it's worth, In judging athletes one thing I look at is their compete level. Montour has the super desire to win. You can tell he hates losing. He really seems to me to have the super passion to win and with him being a little wiser I think he will be a really good player going forward. Norris? Doubt that, but still really good. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.