Draft Starts Wednesday (7pm ESPN) - What's your predictions for the Sabres top 4 picks

GASabresIUFAN

Predict the draft  

39 members have voted

1. 1. 13th overall Pick

• Moore
    • Wood
    • Simashev
    • Willander
    • Benson
    • ASP
    • Reinbacher
    • Danielson
    • Honzak
    • Leonard
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you like for picks 39 and 45

• at 39 I expect a D like Bonk or Lindstein
    • at 39 I expect a forward like Edstrom, Molgaard, Stramel or Haltunnen
    • at 39 I hope for a goalie like Hrabel or Augustine
    • at 45 I expect a D Lindstein or Akey or Strbak etc..
    • at 45 I expect a forward like Ziemmer, Stramel, Perron or Lardis
    • at 45 I hope for a goalie Bjarnanson or Augustine
    • Other
  3. 3. At 86

• BA forward
    • BA Defense
    • BA Goalie
    • McCarthy

https://www.nhl.com/nhl-draft

I did a mock draft on FC and this is what happened.  No way this comes true where I was getting 2nd rd talent so late. However, It's time to predict what KA and his team do with our top 4 picks.

DRAFT RESULTS

13   FC RANK 22   LEONARD RYAN  C U.S. NATIONAL U18 TEAM

39 FC RANK 43    BONK OLIVER  D  LONDON KNIGHTS

45 FC RANK 57  LINDSTEIN THEO D  BRYNäS IF SHL 

86 FC RANK 96  WAHLBERG ANTON C  MALMö REDHAWKS SHL (I have Wahlberg 52 on my board)

109 FC RANK 99  NELSON DANNY LW U.S. NATIONAL U18 TEAM ( I have Nelson 55th on my board)

141 FC RANK 152 PEKARCIK JURAJ  LW HK NITRA SLOVAKIA (I have him 87th on my board)

173 FC RANK 179 WIKMAN ALBERT D FäRJESTAD BK SHL (I have Wikman 92nd on my board)

205 FC RANK 291 CLARA DAMIAN G BIK KARLSKOGA

My Mock Draft

1.  13th Moore - KA likes speed and Moore has it. 

2. 39th Bonk - R shot defensive D

3. 45th Lardis - Young talented LW

4. 86th McCarthy - KA gets his neighbor who is a talented D that maybe underrated in this draft.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Not sure past 1 but I’m thinking the player they pick will be from Loko of the KHL.  Simashev or But will be the pick 

if Stramel is there are 39, I would take him. If off the board Lindstein would be a good pick 

at 45 - Dvorak 6’5 LHD or Gibson 6’3 RHD

Edited by Crusader1969

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I do not want the Sabres to select anyone at 13.  I want that pick used in a trade.  I don't think the team needs some guy who will break out in 2026. But Adams is going to Adams.

You mean be the guy that has taken a couple laughing stock of a franchise , turned it 180 degrees, had them 1 point out of the playoffs when no one would have predicted that prior to the season.  Signed a bunch of his core up for the next 7 years and seems to have hit on a ridiculous percentage of his draft picks?   I’ll take Adams bring Adams every day of the damn week 

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You mean be the guy that has taken a couple laughing stock of a franchise , turned it 180 degrees, had them 1 point out of the playoffs when no one would have predicted that prior to the season.  Signed a bunch of his core up for the next 7 years and seems to have hit on a ridiculous percentage of his draft picks?   I’ll take Adams bring Adams every day of the damn week 

Give me a break he had a plenty of opportunities to help out the players during the year he did nothing .

73b.pngand could have gotten help at deadline to make the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

He didn’t give up guys he didn’t want to 

If they gave up Savoie for Chychrun and then Chychrun got hurt, like he did in Ottawa.  You would a have been the loudest crying that he should never have made the trade 

what other Dman that got traded would have moved the needle ?   No way he was trading for a goalie knowing Levi was about to make a decision to sign or not.  

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

He didn’t give up guys he didn’t want to 

If they gave up Savoie for Chychrun and then Chychrun got hurt, like he did in Ottawa.  You would a have been the loudest crying that he should never have made the trade 

what other Dman that got traded would have moved the needle ?   No way he was trading for a goalie knowing Levi was about to make a decision to sign or not.  

He did nothing to help a playoff push got a player that wasn't in Shape 

Good move 

• dislike 2

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He did nothing to help a playoff push got a player that wasn't in Shape 

Good move 

You literally bet the team would finish bottom 5 in the league and now you're upset Adams didn't sell the farm to lose to Boston in the first round?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You literally bet the team would finish bottom 5 in the league and now you're upset Adams didn't sell the farm to lose to Boston in the first round?

First of all things change when they go beyond  Expectations you want them to go all the way .

Buffalo would have beaten boston and If they didn't who cares  It gets the players playoff experience and a taste.

That's loser Mentality anything happens in the playoffs

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Are you surprised?

Im started to think he’s not a real person.

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

First of all things change when they go beyond  Expectations you want them to go all the way .

Buffalo would have beaten boston and If they didn't who cares  It gets the players playoff experience and a taste.

You know the best thing that happened to this team? They missed the playoffs by 1 point. Those guys are going to be hungry this season. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Also I like how you just completely discount moves you don't like. They added Greenway at the deadline and tried on Chychrun. You accusing me a loser mentality is farce considering your lost a bet claiming this team was such a bunch of losers they would finish bottom 5.

Edited by LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Also I like how you just completely discount moves you don't like. They added Greenway at the deadline and tried on Chychrun. You accusing me a loser mentality is farce considering your lost a bet claiming this team was such a bunch of losers they would finish bottom 5.

That... Then refused to pay up on said bet. Pay up to the charity @Buffalonill

…. And now back to our regularly scheduled thread.  

I’m ok with trading the pick in the right deal, but Adams has a clear emphasis so far on building the pipeline and I don’t see that changing given the talent down to the 19th pick.  I can see him trading up if Michkov falls or him trading down a few slots for the right extra assets.

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You literally bet the team would finish bottom 5 in the league and now you're upset Adams didn't sell the farm to lose to Boston Carolina in the first round?

FTFY. 😉

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know the best thing that happened to this team? They missed the playoffs by 1 point. Those guys are going to be hungry this season. 

Yep.  Been thinking that same thought for a while.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.