Draft Starts Wednesday (7pm ESPN) - What's your predictions for the Sabres top 4 picks

GASabresIUFAN

Predict the draft  

39 members have voted

1. 1. 13th overall Pick

• Moore
    • Wood
    • Simashev
    • Willander
    • Benson
    • ASP
    • Reinbacher
    • Danielson
    • Honzak
    • Leonard
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you like for picks 39 and 45

• at 39 I expect a D like Bonk or Lindstein
    • at 39 I expect a forward like Edstrom, Molgaard, Stramel or Haltunnen
    • at 39 I hope for a goalie like Hrabel or Augustine
    • at 45 I expect a D Lindstein or Akey or Strbak etc..
    • at 45 I expect a forward like Ziemmer, Stramel, Perron or Lardis
    • at 45 I hope for a goalie Bjarnanson or Augustine
    • Other
  3. 3. At 86

• BA forward
    • BA Defense
    • BA Goalie
    • McCarthy

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Also I like how you just completely discount moves you don't like. They added Greenway at the deadline and tried on Chychrun. You accusing me a loser mentality is farce considering your lost a bet claiming this team was such a bunch of losers they would finish bottom 5.

The fanbase has been waiting for a decade for playoffs so we have something to cheer for and the players deserved it and a out of shape Greenway was the answer.

That's unacceptable

Just now, Buffalonill said:

The fanbase has been waiting for a decade for playoffs so we have something to cheer for and the players deserved it and a out of shape Greenway was the answer.

That's unacceptable

The youngest team in the league needed to learn, and learn they did. Adding random player X doesn't change the equation much. 

Sometimes, it's better to let someone fail and learn than it is to give them a solution that saves their ass.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The youngest team in the league needed to learn, and learn they did. Adding random player X doesn't change the equation much. 

Sometimes, it's better to let someone fail and learn than it is to give them a solution that saves their ass.

They didn't though let's say they got  Embarrassed on national TV during the playoffs that's a failure  and Learning moment

That's gives you more fire 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

They didn't though let's say they got  Embarrassed on national TV during the playoffs that's a failure  and Learning moment

That's gives you more fire 

They missed the playoffs by 1 point, they have plenty of fire.

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why do we fall, Bruce 

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He did nothing to help a playoff push got a player that wasn't in Shape 

Good move 

You are right that Greenway wasn't in the best condition. However, there was a reason for that. He was injured and because of it his conditioning wasn't at the top level. I'm confident that the second-round pick that was used to acquire him will turn out to be a good deal when he reports to camp in top shape. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

You're correct.

But they could have easily made it last year also to be more ready for what's to come 

Easy? That’s laughable.  Who was out there besides Chychrun?  Ekholm maybe, but how do the Sabres beat the price paid by Edmonton?  Otherwise I don’t see the move he could have made 

And yes back to the thread 

Keep the pick. Draft a Russian. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

You are right that Greenway wasn't in the best condition. However, there was a reason for that. He was injured and because of it his conditioning wasn't at the top level. I'm confident that the second-round pick that was used to acquire him will turn out to be a good deal when he reports to camp in top shape. 

I understand he will probably be in better shape and  perform better . My problem is they knew  Some people only have a short time to live and that's why I'm upset

Edited by Buffalonill

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I understand he will probably be in better shape and  perform better . My problem is they knew  Some people only have a short time to live and that's why I'm upset

Of course they knew.  That's why he only cost a 2nd.  They had a qtr of the season to work him into the culture by a coach Greenway respects.  This season he knows what the brass expect and he's been given a new lease of his hockey life in an excellent situation.  The Greenway trade was always about this season.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Of course they knew.  That's why he only cost a 2nd.  They had a qtr of the season to work him into the culture by a coach Greenway respects.  This season he knows what the brass expect and he's been given a new lease of his hockey life in an excellent situation.  The Greenway trade was always about this season.  

That's my problem  they played it safe knowing they could make the playoffs 

So are you suggesting that the GM should make expedient moves that in the end sets the team back. That line of short-term thinking has crippled this organization for almost a generation. This team made a quantum leap forward last season from the prior season, a jump of 16 pts. You find it to be unsatisfactory. That makes no sense. 

• Like (+1) 2

That's my problem  they played it safe knowing they could make the playoffs 

While I would have liked to see a top 4 D acquired, at the deadline, I have long believed the best GMs use the trade deadline not only to bolster the team that season but in the seasons beyond. 

Greenway did help last season.  He got better with each game and his 4 goals were a higher season pace (19-goal pace) than ever before.  The move also gave us 2 additional years of Greenways services at a minimum. 

Frankly, it was the goaltending that failed us and that wasn't fixable at the deadline.

Honestly, I don't believe that KA thought the team entering last season was a playoff caliber team.  The maturity and improvement of the forwards I think took him by surprise and accelerated his rebuild.  I don't think he'll be making that mistake this off-season.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.