YouTubeTV vs Fubo

LabattBlue

I know the biggest difference between the two…no MSG on YTTV.   😞

Beyond that, I would love to hear any thoughts on these two services.  Even after I moved my Internet to T-Mobile, my Spectrum cable bill is $155…two boxes(one with a DVR), and thats it.  No premium channels,  no sports packages, not even the highest level of their basic tiers. F THEM!

On a related note…how far off are we from the Sabres streaming their games(entire season or ala carte)?

Edited by LabattBlue

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I know the biggest difference between the two…no MSG on YTTV.   😞

Beyond that, I would love to hear any thoughts on these two services.  Even after I moved my Internet to T-Mobile, my Spectrum cable bill is $155…two boxes(one with a DVR), and thats it.  No premium channels,  no sports packages, not even the highest level of their basic tiers. F THEM!

On a related note…how far off are we from the Sabres streaming their games(entire season or ala carte)?

I’ve had both.  No MSG obviously being a big problem for YoutubeTV.  I recall (don’t hold me to this) that Fubo was missing some major networks. I think they’ve fixed that but with a major price upgrade. I think I was paying $40-50 a month. I think it’s $70 now.  Fubo didn’t have the Turner networks (i.e. TNT, TBS, and the 17 other shite channels that the NCAA Tourney games end up on).  And that’s where the runner met the road.  I had a bunch of people over on one of the March Madness weekends.  The tournament was not the reason for the get together but alas people wanted to watch. No go in inky’s house. Super frustrating.  

YoutubeTV has been good to me. (Ok so I might share the service with a neighbor).  The 4K channels for football are amazing.  Honestly, I don’t watch it for much more than football.  I also have DirecTV streaming.  I’ve had it in the past as well. Too pricey (I may also be sharing this as well although I don’t think the sharee remembers he logged in at my house one day to watch the Sabres). 

• Like (+1) 1

Agnostic on the 2 services, haven't used either.  But Youtube will have the NFL Sunday Ticket this fall.  You can get just the Ticket without subscribing, but it's IIRC an extra $100 for ST if you aren't a Youtube subscriber.

Also, the $100 early bird ST discount is gone (that ended on June 6 IIRC) but there's still a $50 discount available into September.  (Yeah, not sure how that works either, the season starts before the discount is supposed to end.)

I tried both. But went back to Spectrum because of MSG... (I really didn't at the time like watching the Sabres suck... and well they did suck)... It costs a lot more but I'm back into watching the Sabres. I get the Sports package on Spectrum which gets me all the ESPN channels and their associated college networks... Golf Channel (which every December... in the midst of darkness and lack of warmth, I love seeing the beautiful weather of South Africa or Australia)...NHL Network which shows games. I also get the Spectrum Entertainment package, because at my age, I find myself watching old MTV videos and TV shows from my youth... I also get ESPN+which allows me to watch the CFL... My phone is also Spectrum and now I'm thinking as I write this I might be a shill for Spectrum!!! Hah!!!.. No shill, but I guess at age, cable is my comfort zone... Damn kids with their newfangled streaming things...

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Get rid of the boxes bro. Buy a Roku and stream your Spectrum service. It’s cheaper. 

No DVR, and because I have T-Mobile for internet, Spectrum views me as out of the area, and I only get a subset of the channels when streaming. 

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

One added note…

I am as good as dead if I switch to a service that doesn’t carry the Hallmark Channels. 😂

Friggin' Hallmark Channel is what got us to get DirecTV.  Time Warner (Spectrum now) replaced Empire from the standard package with the Hallmark Channel.  Refused to pay an extra $5/month to watch Empire and instead moved to Satellite.  That channel line up move that only mattered for about 18 months anyhow as Empire was killed when Adelphia went tits up.  Guess they just didn't want our money.

16 hours ago, SwampD said:

I think Sling TV on a Roku is better than both. I've heard that YTTV is great if you have kids, though. Not sure why.

I second this - I generally go without a live TV provider. But when there is something I would like to watch that I need it for (Bills game on ESPN or the NBA playoffs on TNT) I have signup for Sling for a month. 

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

No DVR, and because I have T-Mobile for internet, Spectrum views me as out of the area, and I only get a subset of the channels when streaming. 

That sounds like an FCC complaint in the making.

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

I dropped directv this winter and now have youtube tv . I like it and saving a lot of money over directv. Let me know what questions you have

Well the first questions which I think are obvious…

Are you in the local broadcast area? Western New York? 

Do you get any/all Sabres games on MSG, ESPN, TNT etc.?

And what do you pay roughly per month for everything that you have?

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

How do you watch the Sabres?

ESPN+. I'm not in Bufalo area

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Well the first questions which I think are obvious…

Are you in the local broadcast area? Western New York? 

Do you get any/all Sabres games on MSG, ESPN, TNT etc.?

And what do you pay roughly per month for everything that you have?

Not in Buffalo. I have the disney bundle. ESPN+, disney+ and Hulu

I pay $72.99 for youtube and $12.99 for disney bundle. A lot of stuff to watch. Youtube dvr is good. Unlimited storage and shows drop off after 9 months

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

ESPN+. I'm not in Bufalo area

Not in Buffalo. I have the disney bundle. ESPN+, disney+ and Hulu

I pay $72.99 for youtube and $12.99 for disney bundle. A lot of stuff to watch. Youtube dvr is good. Unlimited storage and shows drop off after 9 months

You Being out of the Buffalo area, out of the 4-5 preseason games, the 82 regular season games, and all the playoff games … how many Sabres games and playoffs are you able to watch? And how many are Buffalo broadcast crew? Dunleavy etc.

And on top of the streaming services, what do you pay a month for the internet?

Edited by Zamboni

31 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You Being out of the Buffalo area, out of the 4-5 preseason games, the 82 regular season games, and all the playoff games … how many Sabres games and playoffs are you able to watch? And how many are Buffalo broadcast crew? Dunleavy etc.

There may have been 1 or 2 games I didn't get to see . Youtube tv does not have NHL network so there was one game there I didn't see. All playoff games are on TNT, TBS and ESPN so I got all playoff games.  ESPN+ gives you options for both broadcasts. Unlike many here, I can't listen to Dunleavy and Ray so I always choose other but usually watch games on mute.

I have comcast internet for $75/month

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

One more thing. I live in Delaware  just outside of Philly. With Directv Center Ice all Sabre Flyer games were blacked out regardless of where played. With youtube I get all Philly sports channels so can finally watch them.

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

Agnostic on the 2 services, haven't used either.  But Youtube will have the NFL Sunday Ticket this fall.  You can get just the Ticket without subscribing, but it's IIRC an extra $100 for ST if you aren't a Youtube subscriber.

Also, the $100 early bird ST discount is gone (that ended on June 6 IIRC) but there's still a $50 discount available into September.  (Yeah, not sure how that works either, the season starts before the discount is supposed to end.)

The initial purchase of Sunday Ticket is $100 cheaper if you subscribe to the full YouTube package, but then you're on the hook for the monthly fee which was upwards of $70, roughly $900 per year extra.  Not a bargain unless you really want the full YouTube.  Since I have Direct TV (which I got in order to get NFL Sunday Ticket, but which I'm keeping at least for now because I love the DVR to let me not watch commercials) I didn't need the YouTube subscription.  Also my internet is flakier than the satellite dish, which always works unless there's a huge storm overhead.  

22 minutes ago, Alaska John said:

The initial purchase of Sunday Ticket is $100 cheaper if you subscribe to the full YouTube package, but then you're on the hook for the monthly fee which was upwards of $70, roughly $900 per year extra.  Not a bargain unless you really want the full YouTube.  Since I have Direct TV (which I got in order to get NFL Sunday Ticket, but which I'm keeping at least for now because I love the DVR to let me not watch commercials) I didn't need the YouTube subscription.  Also my internet is flakier than the satellite dish, which always works unless there's a huge storm overhead.  

you can purchase the Sunday Ticket without having youtube TV. 

On 6/13/2023 at 10:34 AM, Amerks8796 said:

I just canceled YouTube Tv. They increased the price, and the words never matched with the mouth, though maybe that was a tv setting, but I played around with it to no avail. Fubo so far works better, and I don’t have that issue.  Plus MSG. 

If this is a problem with all customers, I would think they would be out if business by now.  Makes me gun shy about trying it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.