The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

2 trips they could have called on Florida, let’s be honest 

the officials and league aren’t fixed. They’re just incompetent 

Fixed?......I agree that it is not HOWEVER.....Biased?........You bet your a**.  Ask any Boston, Montreal or Toronto opponent 🤮

Just now, Thorny said:

DUDE that’s such a badass look from Swayman

And then they score. The classic shot pass. Beauty. 

The swagger to just skate by Tkachuk and tap him, calm cool, collected. KA is right to want a culture because I want their culture. “Only” 1 cup but not even about that.

Just being in the thick of it perennially and KNOWING it, once you put the sweater on 

3 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Fixed?......I agree that it is not HOWEVER.....Biased?........You bet your a**.  Ask any Boston, Montreal or Toronto opponent 🤮

The funny thing about Toronto fans, they are convinced things are fixed against them and if you go to their boards, after every loss they have, I mean EVERY LOSS there are multiple comments about how the refs screwed them.

Before the playoff series against Tampa, there was even a post where someone photoshopped a ref and put a Lightning logo on the front of his chest, saying the Leafs were going to have to beat Tampa and the Refs.

I grew up watching the Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada and as a kid I actually liked them. They are the only team I think I ever liked at one time and stopped liking because of their fanbase and how they whine and cry and whine about officials ALL the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

The funny thing about Toronto fans, they are convinced things are fixed against them and if you go to their boards, after every loss they have, I mean EVERY LOSS there are multiple comments about how the refs screwed them.

Before the playoff series against Tampa, there was even a post where someone photoshopped a ref and put a Lightning logo on the front of his chest, saying the Leafs were going to have to beat Tampa and the Refs.

I grew up watching the Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada and as a kid I actually liked them. They are the only team I think I ever liked at one time and stopped liking because of their fanbase and how they whine and cry and whine about officials ALL the time.

The exact same thing with commentary teams. When these fans listen to their local Homers all year, OF COURSE when they hear the neutral national guy in the playoffs they think it’s biased b/c they can’t get beyond their own perspective. Why would it be that all the officials, the league, the commentators all just HAPPEN to be against “your” team? And yet every fan’s team? common denominator is clearly biased individual perspective 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

There aren't going to be any more penalties called in this game unless someone is gushing blood.

And there it is.

The funniest thing is the over the glass call also gets made to a certainty, so by the “let the boys play” process, and not calling anything in an effort to avoid “affecting” the game, they actually affect the game by picking and choosing which rules to enforce

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.