Hey adams this is on you.

Buffalonill

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Plan's should change when the team is being successful. 

But thats just me 

People can be fine with adams not doing anything to show his team he doesn't care

But i  Guarantee there are some people on that team that are pissed off that Adams didn't 

@Georgia Blizzard it whould help to know why you feel this way .

😉

15 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

@Georgia Blizzard so you think he should keep his job ? 

Yikes

Please  tell me why he  shouldn't be fired if we dont make the playoffs. 

You and so many fans are so f*&*King miserable.  I get that it's been more than a decade since this team made the playoffs and closer to 20 years since they had a legit shot at a Cup, but, man, can't you all recognize the potential and have a little optimism ??

Legit #1 (TNT) and #2 (Cozens) centers that are young !

Potential #3 (Mitts) and #4 (Krebs) centers

Forward depth that can score that is also young

2 #1 overall picks on defense that are playing outstanding

A high end goalie prospect that played 6 games as a 21 year old and looks legit

A prospect pool (beyond above) that is consistently ranked in the top 5 of the NHL

Tons of cap space

An analytics department that is solid

Instead of looking at the positives, you choose to dwell on the negatives.

What a shame

9 minutes ago, Georgia Blizzard said:

You and so many fans are so f*&*King miserable.  I get that it's been more than a decade since this team made the playoffs and closer to 20 years since they had a legit shot at a Cup, but, man, can't you all recognize the potential and have a little optimism ??

Legit #1 (TNT) and #2 (Cozens) centers that are young !

Potential #3 (Mitts) and #4 (Krebs) centers

Forward depth that can score that is also young

2 #1 overall picks on defense that are playing outstanding

A high end goalie prospect that played 6 games as a 21 year old and looks legit

A prospect pool (beyond above) that is consistently ranked in the top 5 of the NHL

Tons of cap space

An analytics department that is solid

Instead of looking at the positives, you choose to dwell on the negatives.

What a shame

And you still want me to remain optimism after you said this ?

Onice we actually get some proof that this team is going to the next level then maybe .

We've been through so many cores at this point (  Put up or shut up ) 

At this point 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

And you still want me to remain optimism after you said this ?

Onice we actually get some proof that this team is going to the next level then maybe .

We've been through so many cores at this point (  Put up or shut up ) 

At this point 

If you are not optimistic about the future based on what the Sabres have done the past 2 seasons, then there is nothing I can say to change your mind.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the last season.  I went to a dozen games and watched most of the others on TV and couldn't feel better about this team and the direction they are headed.

That is certainly no guarantee that they will be better next year or that they will win a Cup down the road, but, that's sports.

You gotta learn to love the journey, life is a lot better with a positive attitude.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Georgia Blizzard said:

If you are not optimistic about the future based on what the Sabres have done the past 2 seasons, then there is nothing I can say to change your mind.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the last season.  I went to a dozen games and watched most of the others on TV and couldn't feel better about this team and the direction they are headed.

That is certainly no guarantee that they will be better next year or that they will win a Cup down the road, but, that's sports.

You gotta learn to love the journey, life is a lot better with a positive attitude.

Im not optimistic beacuse its "buffalo" 

If anything we will have the best  Goaltending  in the NHL next year and have the worst  Offense.

Don't know what it is but this franchise is cursed 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If anything we will have the best  Goaltending  in the NHL next year and have the worst  Offense.

Why are you even here? You just seem miserable - maybe this isn't the franchise for you, as it's clearly going in a great direction which seems upsetting for you.

12 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Why are you even here? You just seem miserable - maybe this isn't the franchise for you, as it's clearly going in a great direction which seems upsetting for you.

Seeing how it's a family buffalo  tradition to die before a Stanley cup I will join my father and his father and his father.

Edited by Buffalonill

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

What's cursed is your line of reasoning. The Sabres had one of the better offenses in the league with one of the youngest rosters. Why do you believe the offense will regress? I say this with respect: you make no sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What's cursed is your line of reasoning. The Sabres had one of the better offenses in the league with one of the youngest rosters. Why do you believe the offense will regress? I say this with respect: you make no sense. 

Seeing how we lost basically half the team To long term injuries

When this team was basically on the Rise to just out score every opponent until they got to the playoffs

The curse delivered itself

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Seeing how we lost basically half the team To long term injuries

When this team was basically on the Rise to just out score every opponent until they got to the playoffs

The curse delivered itself

When did we lose half the team to long term injuries? It didn't happen this season. In fact, it was the opposite. The Sabres sustained fewer serious injuries this season than the norm. Your negative imagination is running amok. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When did we lose half the team to long term injuries? It didn't happen this season. In fact, it was the opposite. The Sabres sustained fewer serious injuries this season than the norm. Your negative imagination is running amok. 

So  I'm just imagining tuch,dahlin , samuelsson, Tage not being out ?

You know the most important part of the season the playoff push 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Are you aware that every team has injuries, every year. Again I ask, why are you here? Your negativity is bizarro after the great year we had.

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

They all came back in the season. At the end of the season, most players on all teams are dealing with injuries. There was nothing exceptional about the number of injuries that this team incurred when compared to other teams. It's a reality of a tough sport in a long season. 

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

They all came back in the season. At the end of the season, most players on all teams are dealing with injuries. There was nothing exceptional about the number of injuries that this team incurred when compared to other teams. It's a reality of a tough sport in a long season. 

That was basically the whole core that got injured.

And dahlin ,tage  weren't healthy for the "push" 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

That was basically the whole core that got injured.

And dahlin ,tage  weren't healthy for the "push" 

So what! Players playing hurt at the end of the battering season is nothing unusual. Don't kid yourself, there were more players on the team who were gutting it out trying to get to the end of the season. Again, that's a standard scenario for all teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

So what! Players playing hurt at the end of the battering season is nothing unusual. Don't kid yourself, there were more players on the team who were gutting it out trying to get to the end of the season. Again, that's a standard scenario for all teams. 

If you don't think thats a huge part why the team wss "successful " i dont know what to tell you .

When Dahlin got hurt in Florida he was never the same player .

So if I’m following along correctly … it’s only a good or great season if the Sabres “win” something.

Comparing to prior seasons …

Its not a good or great season if certain players developed well during the season.

It’s not a good or great season if the overall record or point total improved.

It’s not a good or great season if the product overall was more entertaining to watch.

It’s not a good or great season if certain players had career seasons.

It’s not a good or great season if the level of coaching improved from last season.

It’s not a good or great season if the players have all felt like they belong to a real team. A complete team. And they all get along well with each other.  Chemistry isn’t important either.

26 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So if I’m following along correctly … it’s only a good or great season if the Sabres “win” something.

Comparing to prior seasons …

Its not a good or great season if certain players developed well during the season.

It’s not a good or great season if the overall record or point total improved.

It’s not a good or great season if the product overall was more entertaining to watch.

It’s not a good or great season if certain players had career seasons.

It’s not a good or great season if the level of coaching improved from last season.

It’s not a good or great season if the players have all felt like they belong to a real team. A complete team. And they all get along well with each other.  Chemistry isn’t important either.

What did they accomplish ?  Being one of the best  Scoring teams in the NHL .

And having the worst Goaltending and defense in the nhl 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3Dl900IkFi86-rQqROHD

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I will answer this. I think everyone agrees the team has to improve defensively. If Granato was teach offense first then defense it's quite possible that instilling a more disciplined team D system will result in diminished offense. Part of the reason we scored as much as we did was our free wheeling guns blazing style that often burnt us with counter attacks. 

It's hard to have both defense and offense and a balance needs to be struck. idk what their plan will be, maybe they think they can win 8-7 every night but it's never worked before. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.