GDT: Hurricanes @ Sabres - April 8, 2023, 12:30pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

To be going neck and neck with the candy canes going into the third period… That alone is pretty impressive. 
Can DG outcoach Meatface? We’ll find out…

2 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

I love this game... Levi is the starter next year.. Joki and Stillman are playing above their pay grade and Dahlin is the silent leader that reminds me of Lindstrom... TNT is obviously hurt and the 'Canes are taking out Cozens.. Guess we have seen the end VO time here.... Am I missing anything? 

Yea, we may have also seen the last of  UPL after this season. He may be trade bait.

• Like (+1) 4

I don't love Rod Brind'Amour or the extra effort that goes into typing his stupid name.

But I love the system his team plays.  That transition game is incredible.

And yes, it is very similar to Ruff's system, and yes, it relies upon better goaltending than what we have seen for most of this year.

But the goaltending has arrived, and if I see Granato pulling his vanilla ***** again next year, I'm going to want him fired.

9 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

I love this game... Levi is the starter next year.. Joki and Stillman are playing above their pay grade and Dahlin is the silent leader that reminds me of Lindstrom... TNT is obviously hurt and the 'Canes are taking out Cozens.. Guess we have seen the end VO time here.... Am I missing anything? 

Mitts?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Mitts?

He is doing a nice job substituting for Thompson on the top line.  Even I can acknowledge that.  Whether I want him back next year, well, I'll leave that to the thread dedicated to that.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't love Rod Brind'Amour or the extra effort that goes into typing his stupid name.

Select… Copy… Paste

Just now, Pimlach said:

If Cozens was crashing the net he had an easy goal.  There have been several shots that this goalie leaked, our guys peel off, they need to go get rebounds. 

I'd agree against almost any other team, but Carolina is just too fast in transition for these Sabres.  They've got to peel back.

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

To be going neck and neck with the candy canes going into the third period… That alone is pretty impressive. 
Can DG outcoach Meatface? We’ll find out…

Yea, we may have also seen the last of  UPL after this season. He may be trade bait.

I LOL’d at Meatface.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

If Cozens was crashing the net he had an easy goal.  There have been several shots that this goalie leaked, our guys peel off, they need to go get rebounds. 

@Pimlach Need you to get in the film room with the boys this week.  Clean this up.....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

RB said pre game that the Canes have struggled with the pretty ones and need to start hacking in the ugly ones. 

I felt that one for the Sabres. 

I think part of that is we don’t do a good job of playing the puck from behind the net in the offensive zone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.