Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

You been hitting the wacky weed today?  I mean I hope Greenway works out but Franzen???

Franzen didn't break out till age 27 power forwards usually hit around 25-27 they take longer Ryan Malone, Ryane Clowe etc .

Buffalo obviously see's it or they wouldn't have payed the high price. 

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Franzen didn't break out till age 27 power forwards usually hit around 25-27 they take longer Ryan Malone, Ryane Clowe etc .

Buffalo obviously see's it or they wouldn't have payed the high price. 

He's a 20-30pt winger.

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You could be right but you never know after tage anything is possible 

No. Tage Thompson is an exception just like Josh Allen. Most ppl aren't and Greenway has 317 games under his belt. Tage had 145 before his breakout. 

I will judge him more next year, after a summer to fully mend and get more acclimated with the team.

Right now, he's probably being told to go show a physical presence and fit in.  No issues. Next year, he'll have 2 solid linemates on the 3rd or 4th line and know he's part of something long term towards helping the team become a regular participant in the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don’t think there is any chance Okposo signs with a another team, or that the Sabres push him out the door.

If he’s not back, it’s because he retired.

Okposo will be signed for one more year at team friendly $1-2 million a year.  After this season he will be around 980 games.  Buffalo and Okposo will want to see him hit the 1000 NHL games mark.  I could definitely see them only playing him 40-50 games and the team having him around as a good vet depth guy.  

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

Okposo will be signed for one more year at team friendly $1-2 million a year.  After this season he will be around 980 games.  Buffalo and Okposo will want to see him hit the 1000 NHL games mark.  I could definitely see them only playing him 40-50 games and the team having him around as a good vet depth guy.  

If they put Okposo's 1000 game mark higher than fielding the best team possible to challenge for a playoff spot, I'm done with this organization. That would be the ultimate slap in the face, kick in the balls, to Sabres fans.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Scottysabres said:

If they put Okposo's 1000 game mark higher than fielding the best team possible to challenge for a playoff spot, I'm done with this organization. That would be the ultimate slap in the face, kick in the balls, to Sabres fans.

If this team can't win with Okposo playing 4th line minutes, they aren't good anyways. 

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It would be in their wheelhouse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But Granato was pounding the table!

Granato got his boy in Greenway and Adams got his buddy's kid in Stillman...they're basically sticking with familiarity and doing people they know a solid.

Hopefully it amounts to something.

Edited by Bob Malooga
Added sentence.
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

I love most of Adams' moves and I still trust him, but doing the Wild a favor by giving them a 2nd round pick to take a $3M scrub off their hands? Woof.

I don’t think your evaluation of Greenway is very accurate.

This is definitely his worst season.  He looks more like a player in need of a change of scenery than a guy who is just a scrub.

Edited by Curt
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think your evaluation of Greenway is very accurate.

Please. elaborate? He doesn't score goals. He doesn't create them. He"s tried to fight like 7 times and mostly got his ass kicked.

What am I missing? Because whatever it is, certainly is not worth giving the Wild a 2nd round pick to do them a favor since they need cap space.

The Sabres should've been paid to take that contract off the Wild's hands.

Oh, and apparently he takes a lot of penalties.

Edited by Bob Malooga
added

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.