GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Feb. 28, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We never had the puck.  Never once had control in last 2 mins .  You don’t pull the goalie when you don’t  own the puck. 

Too little too late.  You give up a goal with 18 seconds left in the period then you deserve to lose. 

Not completely true.  Had a chance at the 2:20 min mark.  Had the top line out as well 

• Eyeroll 1

I thought it was a fun game (or, at least they made it fun by the end). Sucks they lost, but whatever. The CBJs deserved to win. The Sabres at least didn't roll over and made it a game.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Granato is a pod as well.

Again. Whatever. You can make me go to Urban Dictionary, or you can post like a grownup.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I really can't say I've ever seen a coach with either the unwillingness or inability to pull a goalie.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

He just doesn't get it.  He doesn't know when to replace a struggling goalie and he doesn't know when to pull one late in a game.  It's like he pencils in the lineup for each game, but for G he uses a Sharpie.  

It was weird.

• Agree 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Sure, that's it. Hits. Lol

It’s a physical game… especially making a playoff run… We got pushed around and flinched all game… Something we didn’t do against two much better teams in both wins in Florida… You’d think we’d learn… Just my opinion

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TageMVP said:

Anderson did not look great 

We needed a save from him tonight, particularly goal 3 which was hideous. Goal 2 was bad too - he was on his knees for no reason. Johnson got ouplayed by a backup goalie is reason #1 we lost. Too bad we couldn't play periods 1 and 2 like we did 3.  Power and Cozens were bad, quinn and Peterka were very good.  I guess it's the nature of young kids.  Oloffson was useless again

• Agree 2

Just now, CTJoe said:

We needed a save from him tonight, particularly goal 3 which was hideous. Goal 2 was bad too - he was on his knees for no reason. Johnson got ouplayed by a backup goalie is reason #1 we lost. Too bad we couldn't play periods 1 and 2 like we did 3.  Power and Cozens were bad, quinn and Peterka were very good.  I guess it's the nature of young kids.  Oloffson was useless again

Olofsson was useless. I can't name a single decent play he made. 

Mitts also gonna toss into the good list from above. Thought he was at least skating and generating. 

• Like (+1) 4

Jokiharju should let every fan in attendance punch him after that game he played tonight. Especially for whatever the hell he was doing on the ENG. Where the hell was he looking or going? He was looked into the corner and skated over in that direction never once looking at the guy who would shoot it through his legs to score.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Also, Olofsson what are you good for if you’re not scoring? You play like a slug approaching a salt line when anywhere but open offensive ice.

Why can’t he just be the guy who started last year or has shown up a couple times this year? The guy who plays hard over the entire ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Tonight Show Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Well that was nice to see them come out of the slumber for the third period but too little too late. Good to see JJ find some scoring success. Wicked snipe by Quinn. Disappointing result considering the games in hand. Forward we go. Put that one in the rear view.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.