GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Feb. 28, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu πŸ“Ί, WGR πŸ“»

LGR4GM

Hits 25-10… BJ pushed us around all game… Granato didn’t get a fire lit under the team until the last period…

• dislike 1

Sucks, but not gonna overreact. Again without 2 of our 3 best players. CBJ have been, somehow, playing well lately. Schedule gets sporty again, but these guys tend to play well against the top teams…excepting Toronto.

Would really like to see KA add some help on the D, it just isn’t good and that’s exacerbated with Dahlin out. Don’t know who’s left out there, though, as the dominoes have been falling and I don’t want to start mortgaging futures for a guy in a year where you’re not really a cup contender just to make the playoffs.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Granato really doesn't know when to pull a goalie, does he?

We never had the puck. Β Never once had control in last 2 mins . Β You don’t pull the goalie when you don’t Β own the puck.Β 

Β 

Too little too late. Β You give up a goal with 18 seconds left in the period then you deserve to lose.Β 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Well, they deserve to lose that game for sure, can’t show up for one period

I only was able to watch from the beginning of the second, and it looked to me like they didn't show up until 5 mins into the third. Β Gotta agree w/ you.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

We never had the puck. Β Never once had control in last 2 mins . Β You don’t pull the goalie when you don’t Β own the puck.Β 

Β 

Too little too late. Β You give up a goal with 18 seconds left in the period then you deserve to lose.Β 

You saw a different ending than I did.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

I really can't say I've ever seen a coach with either the unwillingness or inability to pull a goalie.

He just doesn't get it. Β He doesn't know when to replace a struggling goalie and he doesn't know when to pull one late in a game. Β It's like he pencils in the lineup for each game, but for G he uses a Sharpie. Β 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.