GDT: Sabres @ Predators, 1/14/23, 8:00 pm, ESPN+ and MSG

nfreeman

Disappointing to have that period end up tied. Poor on the powerplay, penalty that looks worse from the referee's POV than the TV angle, then UPL lets an unscreened shot that we was fully in position for get through. But the Preds broadcasters were very worried until the penalties started getting called. The Sabres speed was winning handily.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

There isn't a player on this roster that has the skills to answer the bell when needed. We have 0 enforcers, just another issue that has needed to be addressed in what seems like forever.

Boosh was brought in to bring some physicality. But he has been farthest from that.

(I heard speculation he is playing hurt and managing pain tolerance. If so, I' give him some grace. If not, need to bring in some harder hitting beef)

• Like (+1) 1

Seattle is looking to sweep their 7 game road trip.  As we have discussed, they are killing everyone in their path.  

Their toughest game was 4-3 against Buffalo.  We had two leads in that game.  

Muscle Weight tonight. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

There isn't a player on this roster that has the skills to answer the bell when needed. We have 0 enforcers, just another issue that has needed to be addressed in what seems like forever.

This isn't a thing anymore. John Scott in the early teens was the last of that type. 

That said, your goalie gets touched, run em.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What is up with that? Did they mention anything?

Last game they interviewed Clint Milarchuk between periods. (He's from TX and was sporting a fine 10 gallon Stetson).

Afterwards, Marty was saying he has one and needs to wear it more. I'm guessing being in County Music Capital Nashville was all the reason he needed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

Boosh was brought in to bring some physicality. But he has been farthest from that.

(I heard speculation he is playing hurt and managing pain tolerance. If so, I' give him some grace. If not, need to bring in some harder hitting beef)

Duffer said that on wgr this week. 

6 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

He is playing hurt for sure.   

Just now, Pimlach said:

Seattle is looking to sweep their 7 game road trip.  As we have discussed, they are killing everyone in their path.  

Their toughest game was 4-3 against Buffalo.  We had two leads in that game.  

The Kraken are crushing everyone right now. The Sabres last 7 games have included BOS, MIN, WSH (all on terrific runs at the time) for wins, and PHI (6-1 in their last 7), SEA (7-0 in their last 7), and WPG (7-1 in their last 8). It's not always who you play but when you play them. And the Sabres have weathered a vicious, vicious schedule. Gotta get back to playing some teams that aren't just ripping everything up. (Especially as you try to work a goalie back into NHL shape and speed.)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The Kraken are crushing everyone right now. The Sabres last 7 games have included BOS, MIN, WSH (all on terrific runs at the time) for wins, and PHI (6-1 in their last 7), SEA (7-0 in their last 7), and WPG (7-1 in their last 8). It's not always who you play but when you play them. And the Sabres have weathered a vicious, vicious schedule. Gotta get back to playing some teams that aren't just ripping everything up. (Especially as you try to work a goalie back into NHL shape and speed.)

They have six goals on seven shots in the first period against Chicago Tonight 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.