GDT: Coyotes @ Sabres 8 November 2022, 7 PM MSG-B, BSAZ

SABRES 0311

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

That was a sentimental mistake. Tuch is Captain material. 

Two things can be right at the same time. OAKIE is a team leader & desired C now. Tuch IS C material, a leader now, & can definitely become A/C once OAKIE retired. 

When OAKIE named C, well…..

Tonight Show Love GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Disagree 2

Sabres get chances on no name goalie but can’t bury them.

Opponent gets “lucky” bounces and Sabres goalie can’t get the big saves

Sabres don’t get any puck luck and make opposing no name goalie look like Marty Brodeur.

Sabres stink on home ice

Rinse Repeat

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, zow2 said:

Sabres get chances on no name goalie but can’t bury them.

Opponent gets “lucky” bounces and Sabres goalie can’t get the big saves

Sabres don’t get any puck luck and make opposing no name goalie look like Marty Brodeur.

Sabres stink on home ice

Rinse Repeat

Sabres are 4-3 at home. 2 of those loses (Mtl and Ari) they were the better team in that game 

otherwise your post is right 

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Lol. Seriously, why do you bother watching?   

why not wait till they are ready to go 82-0? 

Not really sure what this means.

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sabres are 4-3 at home. 2 of those loses (Mtl and Ari) they were the better team in that game 

otherwise your post is right 

JFC! Please don't tell me you think the Sabres were the better team tonight.

• Like (+1) 3

Before this season most posters here thought this would be a development season and predicted 75-80 points. It looked to me like the Sabres generally carried the play. They had a couple of goals against that were just plain lucky. Look at the long picture and enjoy the progress that this team will make. Trust me, that perspective will make these kinds of games easier to take. Also, drink a lot during their games. 

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not really sure what this means.

JFC! Please don't tell me you think the Sabres were the better team tonight.

They weren’t good but controlled much of that game.  
which of the coyotes goals would you not consider lucky ? 
you take a losses really bad.    They are an avg team at best.  Losses are gonna happen  

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

They weren’t good but controlled much of that game.  
which of the coyotes goals would you not consider lucky ? 
you take a losses really bad.    They are an avg team at best.  Losses are gonna happen  

When did the Sabres ever control that game?

When their forwards were swallowed up the the D of Arizona and they were held to the outside and couldn’t get any dangerous chances.

At any point in that game, did you really ever feel like they were going to score and win? I never did. Every pass was contested,… again, and they telegraphed everything.

Luck is the mating call of the loser.

And I don’t take losses hard, I was fine with the Florida, Carolina, and Tampa losses. They looked like they were trying in those. They looked bad tonight. I take bad losses hard. I hope they do too.

Edited by SwampD
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

When did the ever Sabres control that game?

When their forwards were swallowed up the the D of Arizona and they were held to the outside and couldn’t get any dangerous chances.

At any point in that game, did you really ever feel like they were going to score and win? I never did. Every pass was contested,… again, and they telegraphed everything.

Luck is the mating call of the loser.

And I don’t take losses hard, I was fine with the Florida, Carolina, and Tampa losses. They looked like they were trying in those. They looked bad tonight. I take bad losses hard. I hope they do too.

About 5 minutes before the end of the 2nd period they had Arizona hemmed in. Dan mentioned that one of their defensemen was trapped on the ice for over 2 1/2 minutes. In the 3rd period the Sabres basically did the same thing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.