10/21/22 GDT - Syracuse @ Rochester - 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

34 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Was hoping they’d play Houser and save UPL for Saturday when I’m going to see them in Syracuse. Also going to miss Pilut.

Should be ok. The stated plan is to play UPL as much as they can to see how he holds up. 

50 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Was hoping they’d play Houser and save UPL for Saturday when I’m going to see them in Syracuse. Also going to miss Pilut.

What pro hockey team that doesn't sell out every/ nearly every game plays the starter on the road and his backup at home on b-t-b nights?

There weren’t many in attendance but those that were here were able to see a good game.

Jody Gage was out signing sweaters and being the good guy that he is.

Good people in the non season seats around us.

My ads are strolling on the ribbon wall.

The season ticket member lounge serves Casamigos.

Then we win with 2 seconds left.

Winning makes me feel like a winner.

Giggidy.

• Like (+1) 9

11 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Second and third period amateur scouting report:

Kisakov, Kulich and Kozak are all noticeable but for different reasons. Rosen looks good. Cederqvist is something else.

Kisakov plays some serious heads up hockey and he has some real speed. He is always scanning when he has the puck. The downside is I think sometimes he looks around too much and doesn’t make the same instinct plays we see from others. It kind of negates his speed in a way. Not sure how to describe it.

Kulich kind of reminds me of Peterka but maybe not with the same intensity per se. He has a motor to him. Curious how he’s going to look toward the end of the season when he’s got more ice time in NA under his belt.

Kozak is not afraid to hit, get hit or chase the puck. My only criticism is he has carried the puck a few times in transition when he shouldn’t have. I think that’s probably a carryover from Juniors when he could get away with that. 

Rosen continues to look much better than he did in the SHL or in the preseason. I’m going to admit I may have underestimated him a bit. Looking forward to see how he does across the season.

Cederqvist is unreasonably fast for a player of his size. I don’t understand how he’s not on the scoresheet every night other than he seems to disappear at times—which is remarkable considering his size. Kind of an enigma.

Anyone standing out on Defence? 

36 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Anyone standing out on Defence? 

Not really, no. Ethan Prow is pretty obvious when he’s on the ice as he is just a good AHL defenseman, but everyone else kind of blends together. Admittedly I was paying more attention to forwards partly because I still haven’t mastered all the jersey numbers.

The only defensive situation that really stuck out was when Clague didn’t pick up his man on the second Crunch goal which was set up by Davies (I think but not 100% sure it was him) just horribly misplaying the puck at the blue line originally. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great to see the Amerks having success.

Some future Sabres are there, getting better and waiting for their chance. Weissbach, Rousek and Kozak are exceeding expectations, nice to see. If they can help at the next level that is great for the organization and shows that their scouting/analytics/development staff are on the right track.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.