Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, MBD said:

Ryan Johnson was on the ice for the game-winning goal.  Was he on for any others?

No he wasn't. Johnson wears 23. LaCombe (2) and Koster (4) were the D on the ice. (Forwards: Nevers (18), Brodzinski (20), Nelson(22).) Johnson was a 0+/- with 1 SoG.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No he wasn't. Johnson wears 23. LaCombe (2) and Koster (4) were the D on the ice. (Forwards: Nevers (18), Brodzinski (20), Nelson(22).) Johnson was a 0+/- with 1 SoG.

I saw he was was +1 going into OT and he finished 0 so I figured he was on the ice.  But looking at the video, you're right, he wasn't. 

10 minutes ago, Contempt said:

That his coach didn't see fit to do that should say something. But we will pretend it was an accident.

You seem to take perverse pleasure in telling folks the Sabres have no chance to make the playoffs which is virtually, if not mathematically, true. Here, you appear to enjoy implying that folks ought to conclude from the fact that Johnson wasn't on the ice for the start of OT what? That his coach doesn't have confidence in him? Maybe no one thought it was likely the game would end ten seconds into the extra period. "But we will pretend it was an accident." Snide and nasty. You properly inhabit your screen name.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

You seem to take perverse pleasure in telling folks the Sabres have no chance to make the playoffs which is virtually, if not mathematically, true. Here, you appear to enjoy implying that folks ought to conclude from the fact that Johnson wasn't on the ice for the start of OT what? That his coach doesn't have confidence in him? Maybe no one thought it was likely the game would end ten seconds into the extra period. "But we will pretend it was an accident." Snide and nasty. You appear to live up to your screen name.

He wasn't the first choice in OT. You explain it.

2 minutes ago, Contempt said:

That Johnson wasn't his best option to start OT but we want to believe that he's more than an AHL tweener so we will blame Moszko instead.

Well he was wrong, wasn't he?  So yes, he gets the blame for making that decision.

Just now, Contempt said:

He wasn't the first choice in OT. You explain it.

I don't know what the coach was thinking. I don't infer from his absence in the first ten seconds of OT that the coach has a negative view of Johnson. And I sure as hell don't think it means Johnson is an AHL tweener, but if that's your take, good for you. We'll see how accurate it turns out.

5 minutes ago, MBD said:

Maybe, maybe not.  We shall see.  But I'm sure Motzko will be playing that decision over and over in his head for awhile.

Just ignore him. He’s trolling. He has no idea what Johnson’s roll is or how goods a player he is.

The coach didn’t put his best line or best d pair on the ice to start OT. Coach’s decision and it backfired.

Edited by Flashsabre

Umm, just to remind you guys arguing about Johnson and calling each other trolls, this is the NHL regular season thread and not the prospect thread. Go argue about Johnson's value there if you want. 

Figured Pittsburgh would beat Detroit but all 3 won so it seems unlikely that we can catch anybody. It's just so irritating. I wish KA had seen the potential and not just considered this a "development year". So many ways we could have been just a little bit better. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I wish KA had seen the potential and not just considered this a "development year". So many ways we could have been just a little bit better. 

I kind of look at it a different way. If this was a pure developmental year, maybe a couple of the guys in Rochester would have been called up and given a couple game look at the expense of some of the veterans at the bottom of the lineup. Patrica and Quinn would have gotten even more ice time than they did, and we wouldn't have seen the young guys get their ice time cut down at the end of games as much as they have in some recently.

To me this was always going to be a developmental year, but with the sabers being close to a playoff spot, I think Adams and Granato ended up pushing the ice time on the top line, and Dahlin more than they may have wanted to to actually give this team more of a chance to make the playoffs when this was supposed to be more of a developmental year.

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Umm, just to remind you guys arguing about Johnson and calling each other trolls, this is the NHL regular season thread and not the prospect thread. Go argue about Johnson's value there if you want. 

Figured Pittsburgh would beat Detroit but all 3 won so it seems unlikely that we can catch anybody. It's just so irritating. I wish KA had seen the potential and not just considered this a "development year". So many ways we could have been just a little bit better. 

Regrettable losses:

columbus

philly (twice!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.