GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 10/4/22 7pm. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

I am a bit surprised that Comrie will only play in two of the 6 preseason games. 

Have you checked to see how many exhibition games all teams “starters” are playing during the preseason?  Is it really an anomaly or more of an average for most teams?

19 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

2 of 6 games is pretty much standard for a starting goalie.

Probably but Comrie is coming to a new team and the hope is he plays more games then Anderson.

I just figure they would want to ramp him up to play more games this year since he has never played more then what, 25 in a season at the NHL level.

Really it is only a game though as I thought he might play 3 instead of 2.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Probably but Comrie is coming to a new team and the hope is he plays more games then Anderson.

I just figure they would want to ramp him up to play more games this year since he has never played more then what, 25 in a season at the NHL level.

Really it is only a game though as I thought he might play 3 instead of 2.

Pretty reasonable take honestly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Believer said:

Question… Down in Sarasota and can’t get through to Comcast…

Does ESPN+ $9.99 month service broadcast most Sabres games during the regular season??

Mostly.  Does not include games on NHL Network (like tonight) and national games on.... wherever they may be this year (unless maybe ESPN has them now?)  But it will get you most of the games.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Fios has the pregame and game listed, tell DTV to  get their act together 

If the game is on NHL Network, does it show on DTV/Fios?  Tonight's game is an NHL Network game.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Last year ESPN+ had all Sabres games that were not nationally televised.  You just get blacked out if you are in the home or away market of the team they are playing. Not sure where Sarasota would fall in that blackout rule.

This year COULD be different.

I live 97 miles west of Boston and the Sabres-Bruins games are blacked out on ESPN+ (and don't get NESN on Hulu). Apparently I'm in the Bruins' 'home market'. I feel so dirty. 😏 @Believer, Sarasota will surely have Lightning games blacked out by ESPN+ and possibly the Panthers too. Maybe available on local cable (ie, Bally Sports).

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ctaeth said:

Hoping Peterka shows out today.  I'm not sure if he will end up in Rochester or Buffalo to start the season, but it would be nice to see him have a standout day and force the coaching staff to keep him on the Sabres

He's got time. We have so many players that can "break out" this season it's hard to just pull for one. Casey, Cozens, Quinn, Power and more. It's a fun time to be a Sabres fan 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Mostly.  Does not include games on NHL Network (like tonight) and national games on.... wherever they may be this year (unless maybe ESPN has them now?)  But it will get you most of the games.

If the game is on NHL Network, does it show on DTV/Fios?  Tonight's game is an NHL Network game.

It’s listed on My Fios on both NHL and MSG, will report back if it’s blacked out on the former 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

And I dont have NHLN either.... puck luck! ERG.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

It’s listed on My Fios on both NHL and MSG, will report back if it’s blacked out on the former 

DTv is NOT showing it on 635-1.  And, for those in WNY it is blacked out on NHLN.  The work around is it IS available on the MSG+ app.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.