The Prokhor Poltapov Appreciation Thread

Crusader1969

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I haven’t seen any highlights of him this season. Does he play a “heavy” game? He is listed as 6’ 176.

The end of the KHL season means KA can try and sign a few guys to come over. I think Neuchev and Novikov are FA.

I’m surprised by the weight.  I would have thought, close to 200lbs.  Plays like a bigger guy anyway 

12 hours ago, French Collection said:

I haven’t seen any highlights of him this season. Does he play a “heavy” game? He is listed as 6’ 176.

The end of the KHL season means KA can try and sign a few guys to come over. I think Neuchev and Novikov are FA.

I’m pretty sure that he now weighs more than 176.  He does play a powerful style of game and is strong, even if he is just average sized.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I’m pretty sure that he now weighs more than 176.  He does play a powerful style of game and is strong, even if he is just average sized.

Good to hear, they seem to have enough high skill forwards, it’s nice to mix it up with a different skill set.

By the time he may come over he could be 6’ 200lbs, which would help him play that style.

Just now, French Collection said:

Good to hear, they seem to have enough high skill forwards, it’s nice to mix it up with a different skill set.

By the time he may come over he could be 6’ 200lbs, which would help him play that style.

He may already be close to that size.  He was listed as 176 at the time he was drafted 2 years ago. I doubt KHL teams are sending out any updated height/weight measurements to anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

This might warrant a different thread, but I'm curious to see how teams approach the draft with Russian players over the course of the next few years. Do teams have scouts in Russia at this point? Or would the scouts all be Russian nationals? Will Russian players be able to even get out of Russia if the war continues to drag on? 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

My boy is finding his groove in the playoffs.  

excited to see where his game goes next season

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

My boy is finding his groove in the playoffs.  

excited to see where his game goes next season

Btw.  CSKA lost 2-1.  Now ahead in the finals 3 games to 2 

Kids can be released from their KHL clubs. I don’t expect this to happen with Poltapov but it can be done.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/washington-capitals/news/washington-capitals-ivan-miroshnichenko-khl-avangard-terminate-contract

Miroshnichenko was the kid who had cancer last winter and his draft stock dropped from top 10 to getting taken 20th. He played 20+ games in the KHL this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.