The Prokhor Poltapov Appreciation Thread

Crusader1969

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Kids can be released from their KHL clubs. I don’t expect this to happen with Poltapov but it can be done.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/washington-capitals/news/washington-capitals-ivan-miroshnichenko-khl-avangard-terminate-contract

Miroshnichenko was the kid who had cancer last winter and his draft stock dropped from top 10 to getting taken 20th. He played 20+ games in the KHL this season.

Pretty sure Pilut got out of his KHL contract also.

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure Pilut got out of his KHL contract also.

He did, being a Swedish National assisted with this.

I imagine that Ovi helped with this 

Poltapov playing for CSKA, pretty much guarantees he plays the remainder of his deal.

The irony is His Deal will pay him the equivalent of 123,000 in USD(today’s exchange rate) for the next three seasons 

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

It is for a year.

However it’s a hell of a lot less than the 925k than he would be earning on years 2 and 3 of his ELC in Buffalo 

You know, I never really thought about it but if you're drafted you get an NHL ELC even if you never see NHL ice, right? All those two-way deals and AHL contracts are well after that. TIL.

46 minutes ago, MattPie said:

You know, I never really thought about it but if you're drafted you get an NHL ELC even if you never see NHL ice, right? All those two-way deals and AHL contracts are well after that. TIL.

Yes Brett Murray, Weissbach, and  Rousek are examples of this. They are all RFAs after this season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

He could buy himself out of his contract, but the Sabres couldn't be involved in any way.

The Leafs got their hands slapped in 2008 (6 figure fine, lost a 4th round pick) when they helped Jonas Frogren buy his way out of his deal with Farjestad in Sweden. It was under a different CBA, but it would still be viewed as benefits outside the CBA or tampering.

On 9/1/2022 at 3:24 PM, Norcal said:

Didn't look egregious, he left his feet but the hit wasn't much.

Agree… Looked like a forceful flying shoulder to shoulder to me… Think the elbow and forearm to the face got him… Kid is an aggressive checker… We need a controlled aggressive checker… Can’t teach aggressive… Can teach control… Let’s go Appert… Let’s go Peca… School the boy.

Edited by Believer

On 10/8/2022 at 7:39 AM, LGR4GM said:

Hmm… Doesn’t like to give up a tough scoring chance of his own….to a teammate with a wide open net… Appert and Peca will fix that.

• 2 months later...

Interview of my man Poltapov.  I still believe he is going to play an important role for the Sabres in a couple of years …

PROKHOR POLTAPOV: I'M PREPARING FOR THE SEASON LIKE NEVER BEFORE

The striker of the CSKA club Prokhor Poltapov told about how he conducts pre-season training with Zvezda.

— From the first days of the preseason, it caught my eye that you gained muscle mass, returned from vacation in very good shape. Are you working on it? Do you want to add to the power, in the power struggle next season?

— It seems to me that this is more the growth of the body, for the second year I have been playing with men and have already "beaten" with them, I have matured a little. Plus, it really won't hurt in a power struggle. 

— Everyone appreciated the video from the training camp, where you do great jumping exercises. Are you doing just as well with the other? Or are there any unloved ones? 

— I think everyone's least favorite exercises at the training camp are running. But there's no way without it, it's pre-season training, you're laying the foundation for the whole season. I hope I'm doing well with all the exercises. 

— Although your vacation started only in May, there was a tough playoff, it seems that you have plenty of energy. How did you manage to recharge so quickly? 

— I think it still something childish plays in me (laughs). When the season ends, I immediately start to miss all the working staff. In addition, we finished the season on a good note, so I want to prepare well so that next year will end just as positively. 

— Last year you reached a new level, but next year your rivals will be watching you more closely. Ready for this? And to the fact that the demand will be higher from you now?

— Of course, I'm ready. I would like the demand to be higher, and that the rivals, going out on the ice, concentrate more, remembering something of the past. That's why I'm preparing for the season like never before.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

On 5/2/2023 at 6:03 PM, Believer said:

Hmm… Doesn’t like to give up a tough scoring chance of his own….to a teammate with a wide open net… Appert and Peca will fix that.

I would look again, especially at the second angle, that pass would have had to be in the air for a deflection in, not much less difficult than the shot Poltapov made.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Where would the KHL fall in comparison to American leagues? AHL? ECHL?

I would say close to the AHL, but since a lot of the non Russians left in the past couple years it’s probably a step below now.  Still with top end talent better than the AHL, but the worst players are worse than AHL level.

Better than the ECHL for sure though.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I would say close to the AHL, but since a lot of the non Russians left in the past couple years it’s probably a step below now.  Still with top end talent better than the AHL, but the worst players are worse than AHL level.

Better than the ECHL for sure though.

Probably a wide difference between haves- and have-not teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.