AHL points leader local kid from Williamsville, Andrew Poturalski

matter2003

Probably time to go to Europe and make some coin for the next 5 years or so. 

That being said, a local product who  is the scoring champ at the highest level of minor league professional hockey in NA is a very nice accomplishment. 👍🏻

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Guess he's an AHL lifer. Must really suck to be an elite AHL player and never really get a chance in the NHL

2 hours ago, MBD said:

Being any minor-league lifer sucks.

I'm not so sure about that.  I think the cellists at the Buffalo Philharmonic might want to play for the London Symphony, but they're pretty happy with an orchestra job, you know?  In certain fields--and sports is one of them--you've got to be in the top 2% even to get the lower tier jobs.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I'm not so sure about that.  I think the cellists at the Buffalo Philharmonic might want to play for the London Symphony, but they're pretty happy with an orchestra job, you know?  In certain fields--and sports is one of them--you've got to be in the top 2% even to get the lower tier jobs.

Yeah, I'm talking sports.  I'm not too familiar with orchestras.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He has the easiest job in world that's all i know.

Right. That's why so many make a career out of it.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

That doesn’t really change Buffalonill’s point. 

Maybe not, but it let's people process his point based on the facts. $70,000 is a helluvalot different than $500,000

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You can't be serious he gets paid playing the game he loves .

How can that not be the easiest job for him ? 

Do me a favor, go out onto the ice after working out all off season, have a few 200+ lb guys come full speed at you and smack you around into the boards, and while you're at it, take a screaming frozen cylinder of rubber to the face for good measure. 

He may love his job more than other, but it's not easy. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Do me a favor, go out onto the ice after working out all off season, have a few 200+ lb guys come full speed at you and smack you around into the boards, and while you're at it, take a screaming frozen cylinder of rubber to the face for good measure. 

He may love his job more than other, but it's not easy. 

Man I respect you but I'm going to disagree try having bullets fly by your face .

10/10 people would pick the puck in the face instead of worrying about coming home the next day .

35 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Man I respect you but I'm going to disagree try having bullets fly by your face .

10/10 people would pick the puck in the face instead of worrying about coming home the next day .

I was a combat diver in the Navy for 5 years, trust me I am well aware of that aspect. 

Separating military life from civilian life; I would love to be a hockey player, I think I would enjoy it. But those guys don't get there without continuous hard work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So, you’re saying that playing hockey is easier than getting shot at? Ya know?… I think a agree with you.

This is just a stupid argument. Like, beyond stupid.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Damn, that's cool as hell

It was a sweet job when I did it. I love diving for fun now, but definitley at a leisurely pace and in much prettier waters 😂 it was also much much cheaper while in the service, I didn't have to pay for gear or a boat haha. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.