Devon Levi watch, update: he's returning to college

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who said they like Levi better?  There is still a bias toward bigger goalies and Portillo has been Michigan’s team leader and has been stellar especially when a lot of guys went to the World Jrs and Olympics.

For their biggest games of the season, who did Adams go watch?  Power and Portillo?  No, he went to watch Levi.  Sometimes Dad doesn’t need to come right out and say that he likes your brother better.  You can just kind of tell.

Kind of joking there.  Kind of.

Adams took over the job with UPL and Portillo already in the system.  He inherited them.  Levi, he went out of his way to acquire.  Does Buffalo have room for 3 goalie prospects at the same time?  With 2 of them being at the same point in their trajectories?  Do they feel they can get them all the games that they need?

I think Chad DeDominoces threw this out there that Portillo was a potential trade chip on his most recent podcast.  Not that I think he has any actual inside info on that.

He went to see Levi because Michigan wasn’t losing their first rd game.  NE was  a considerable underdog.

As I’ve noted before, trade the under-performing UPL and assign Levi to the AHL and Portillo to the ECHL or vice versa.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He went to see Levi because Michigan wasn’t losing their first rd game.  NE was  a considerable underdog.

As I’ve noted before, trade the under-performing UPL and assign Levi to the AHL and Portillo to the ECHL or vice versa.

I don’t think UPL has much of a trade value right now. However, given our situation in regards to the position, he holds a great deal of value to us. There’s a chance, and it’s not insignificant, that he makes the big club next year and performs rather well. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yeah, I did also think that it was probably because that might be NE’s only game.  That’s why I said I was kind of joking.

I understand that YOUR answer to the question of how to get all three young goalies the games they need is to trade UPL, but that might not be Adams’ answer to the question.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, I did also think that it was probably because that might be NE’s only game.  That’s why I said I was kind of joking.

I understand that YOUR answer to the question of how to get all three young goalies the games they need is to trade UPL, but that might not be Adams’ answer to the question.

I can almost guarantee that scouts were at the Michigan and Minnesota games to both watch Power/Portillo and Johnson/Huglen and just in case one or both teams lost.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Curt said:

For their biggest games of the season, who did Adams go watch?  Power and Portillo?  No, he went to watch Levi.  Sometimes Dad doesn’t need to come right out and say that he likes your brother better.  You can just kind of tell.

Adams took over the job with UPL and Portillo already in the system.  He inherited them.  Levi, he went out of his way to acquire.  Does Buffalo have room for 3 goalie prospects at the same time?  With 2 of them being at the same point in their trajectories?  Do they feel they can get them all the games that they need?

I think Chad DeDominoces threw this out there that Portillo was a potential trade chip on his most recent podcast.  Not that I think he has any actual inside info on that.

1) Adams went to that arena because Levi played the first game and right after them Minnesota played the second game so he could watch two games and Levi, Johnson and Huglen play.

2) The Sabres have had horrible goaltending for a decade. Stop trying to trade their young goalies before they get a chance to develop.

3) Chad knows Jack Shite

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Curt said:

It was actually Lance Lysowski who came up with the idea first, he has heard there is considerable interest in Portillo around the league. That being said, I would not move either goaltending prospect 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

You make an interesting observation about the GM and the trade for Levi. KA targeted Levi in the Reinhart trade that included Florida's next year's pick, a probable low first round pick. In the trading of Risto and Jack the GM got good value. At the time of the Reinhart deal, especially in comparison to the return on Risto, it seemed that the Sabres got shortchanged. Now it wouldn't be surprising that the acquisition of Levi might be the most consequential of those deals. It seems that our GM is invested in Levi. And as you point out that is telling. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

1) Adams went to that arena because Levi played the first game and right after them Minnesota played the second game so he could watch two games and Levi, Johnson and Huglen play.

2) The Sabres have had horrible goaltending for a decade. Stop trying to trade their young goalies before they get a chance to develop.

3) Chad knows Jack Shite

1) Good point!

2) I’m nooootttt.  Quit yellin’ at me!

3) Chad knows Jack Eichel.  But really Chad is ok.  You just need to understand that when he gives his opinion that it’s really just his opinion.  But he does occasionally hear things from people who actually know things.

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

1) Good point!

2) I’m nooootttt.  Quit yellin’ at me!

3) Chad knows Jack Eichel.  But really Chad is ok.  You just need to understand that when he gives his opinion that it’s really just his opinion.  But he does occasionally hear things from people who actually know things.

1) Thanks

2) Sorry, I can’t control the volume of my voice.😁

3) I have no problem with him. He like the analytics and charts. He just doesn’t have connections that would know if a player is going to be dealt.

Edited by Flashsabre

49 minutes ago, breese866 said:

Sorry.  What is Chad DeDominicus podcast. Can't find it.

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk which episode you need but this should help

That’s the one.

49 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It was actually Lance Lysowski who came up with the idea first, he has heard there is considerable interest in Portillo around the league. That being said, I would not move either goaltending prospect 

It’s possible that I heard Lance say it, and Chad never even said it.  My memory is not what it was before my baby was born 7 months ago.

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

1) Thanks

2) Sorry, I can’t control the volume of my voice.😁

3) I have no problem with him. He like the analytics and charts. He just doesn’t have connections that would know if a player is going to be dealt.

He kind of does, sometimes.  He isn’t just a guy who tweets out charts on Twitter.

He is a credentialed media member.  He sits in the press box.  He knows people in the Sabres organization.

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

He kind of does, sometimes.  He isn’t just a guy who tweets out charts on Twitter.

He is a credentialed media member.  He sits in the press box.  He knows people in the Sabres organization.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

OK thanks, I didn’t know that

He broke the EROD Return 

And was the First to tweet that Krueger was being fired, the night before it happened 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Because it's a draft, not slavery.

The player can force a trade. But the drafting team should be able to receive compensation.

If you feel that way then get rid of the draft all together and have them all be UDFA. I don't think that will work well for the league in the long run

34 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

The player can force a trade. But the drafting team should be able to receive compensation.

If you feel that way then get rid of the draft all together and have them all be UDFA. I don't think that will work well for the league in the long run

The players played by the rules i dont see the problem thats the risk of drafting 

Btw i only can think of couple of players that turned super stars after not signging ( wheeler , fox ) 

• Like (+1) 1