GDT: 2/25/2022 Sabres at Blues, 8 pm ET (ESPN+, confirmed: MSG)

DarthEbriate

8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm not sure you're watching the hockey of other teams. The Sabres are featuring a backup goalie as their 1, an AHL goalie as their 2, a 22-21-year-old top D pair, and Mitts and VO have been hurt basically all season. Hockey is so dependent on goaltending and puck luck...   the Flames won 10 in a row and then lost to the Canucks (in black skates!) 7-1. The Habs have been garbage all year and change their coach and go on a streak. STL is a really good team, playing at home, against a team of kids.  The Sabres are going to show bursts but overall be up and down. Mostly down with the goaltending.

Yes I’ve seen other teams. I know about puck luck and injuries. But 11 years straight of it? 11 year playoff drought? That’s a NHL record. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Mittlestadt did the one thing that the  Sabres have a habit of doing which is the blind pass.   Most time it results in a turn over.  His lack of awareness of what was transpiring on the ice is bad.  

You just can't shoot yourself in the foot in this league. And Mitts has missed so much time this year he's playing like it's practice instead of a February grind game.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.