Favorite Sabres Possession

SABRESfan

Hey everyone.. pretty simple thread.  What is your favorite piece of anything SABRES?  Maybe it’s a ticket to a special game you never threw away, a jersey of your all time favorite player, a signed puck or card? A hat or hoodie??  I never really thought of myself as a collector but I have acquired some sports stuff/memorabilia throughout the years.  Every once in a while I’ll see if I can snag an older Sabres player card.. the vintage look of them appeal to me.  
My favorite would have to be a Rob Ray rookie card that may not be worth a lot, but it’s worth a lot to me!  I got a ‘75 Rick Martin displayed as well.  

It would be awesome to have something to pay tribute to RJ since he’s leaving after this year.  The Sabres should issue a bobblehead or something similar.. if they have already then I must have missed it.

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, SABRESfan said:

Hey everyone.. pretty simple thread.  What is your favorite piece of anything SABRES?  Maybe it’s a ticket to a special game you never threw away, a jersey of your all time favorite player, a signed puck or card? A hat or hoodie??  I never really thought of myself as a collector but I have acquired some sports stuff/memorabilia throughout the years.  Every once in a while I’ll see if I can snag an older Sabres player card.. the vintage look of them appeal to me.  
My favorite would have to be a Rob Ray rookie card that may not be worth a lot, but it’s worth a lot to me!  I got a ‘75 Rick Martin displayed as well.  

It would be awesome to have something to pay tribute to RJ since he’s leaving after this year.  The Sabres should issue a bobblehead or something similar.. if they have already then I must have missed it.

Cheers!

The Sabres sold RJ bobbleheads a few years ago.

Pretty sure a couple of people here bought them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The die cut Sabres logo I misappropriated from the fascia of the Oranges during the game 3 of the Sabres/Bruins series in 1993.  The game before the Mayday game.  I was 15, don't judge me. 😛

It's framed and hanging on the wall of my kid's room now.

High School years.. good times.

• Like (+1) 1

I have an old Northlands wooden hockey stick autographed by the '75 Buffalo Sabres... signatures are in red ink felt pen and are fading but you can still read the French Connection sigs, Luce's, Ramsey's and Spencer's among others... Some are harder to make out but still my favorite memorabilia.  I was given it as a gift when I was young... I think Gil Licata who was a friend of my older brother got it for me.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I have an old Northlands wooden hockey stick autographed by the '75 Buffalo Sabres... signatures are in red ink felt pen and are fading but you can still read the French Connection sigs, Luce's, Ramsey's and Spencer's among others... Some are harder to make out but still my favorite memorabilia.  I was given it as a gift when I was young... I think Gil Lacatta who was a friend of my older brother got it for me.

That’s one serious piece of memorabilia!

• Thanks (+1) 1

My first ever game was February 12, 1986. Sabres lost 4-0 to Flyers but Gilbert Perreault gave me a puck during warm-ups.

Favorite memories were hanging out by the locker rooms after the games in The Aud and getting pictures and autographs with Sabres and opponents after the games as they walked to their vehicles or team bus!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember that... think I got Bob McAdoo and Randy Smith's sig that way

55 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

My first ever game was February 12, 1986. Sabres lost 4-0 to Flyers but Gilbert Perreault gave me a puck during warm-ups.

Favorite memories were hanging out by the locker rooms after the games in The Aud and getting pictures and autographs with Sabres and opponents after the games as they walked to their vehicles or team bus!!

Not too big on memorabilia but, maybe my signed LaFontaine hockey card? 

Maybe the personalized Rick Jeanneret cameo vid we got my Dad for his birthday where he talks about the sabres winning the stanley cup. 

@PASabreFanyou've mentioned before you'd hope the Sabres are smart enough to have some sort of Rick stanley cup call recorded, just in case. If they don't, I've got it covered. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just memories of a time this team was relevant. Sadly those are fading. Thankfully hearing stories here on Sabrespace jog much of what I remember and it all comes back. The Seventies were great. This team was actually feared which is prolly hard for some of the kiddoes to understand. No one took us lightly. I pine for those days. I have a lot of hockey cards from that era but thats about it as far as memorabilia goes.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.