This is gonna be fun

Doohickie

32 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

What the actual fudge is going on in Buffalo? The dips@$t waits this long to go after a goalie after they are all picked over? You can’t make this stuff up. The other GMs have to be laughing their a$$e$ off. 

They weren’t trying to sign actual good goalies.

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don’t think I can stomach the nightly shellackings anymore either. 

I think they’ll be more loose and entertaining this coming season, but I’m sick of the losing. I don’t need to watch the team set the all-time losing record.

The Risto trade was okay. The Reino trade should’ve been better. Now I’m scared of what the Eichel trade will be, after watching most of the target trade partners make moves today. The Sabres might end up taking the Rangers trash, after all. The team was in a great position to acquire a ton of assets for those 3. Now they lost Ullmark when they could’ve at least moved him for something earlier. Come on. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Its a tank year, they want one of the big 3 next year.  It started when Eichel said he wanted out, started whispering in Samson's ear to bolt out as well.  

Said it many times since the season ended… Eichel is a cancer… KA needs to keep him as far away from the kids as possible… No way he stays… 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

My prediction for this season: Sabres and Arizona will battle for the basement this season only to see Edmonton win the draft lottery for Wright.  Almost feels like Déjà Vu.🤣

Boston has to win the lottery.  It is the way.  

35 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think @Doohickiehas it right.  It's a development year.  They are not trying to lose.

It's semantics. They are purposely signing players that aren't good. Losing is the desired outcome

They want a high pick 

In reality they are prioritizing "low cost" guys, but they obviously know, everyone is aware the guys you get for 700 000k aren't good.

Does it matter if it's strictly wanted, if it's willingly and knowingly accepted?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JustOutsideChicago said:

I feel like there is a way to have a “development” season and still have a exponentially better roster. This just feels like awful apathetic ownership.

It’s not apathy.  They are doing this mindfully.  It would appear that they want it to be not just a development year, but also a year in which they lose a lot, and perhaps do so on a budget.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PP Slapper said:

Boston has to win the lottery.  It is the way.  

If only they had a lucky charm on their roster that seems to somehow always get every team hes on the lottery pick. 

It would also help if they had a starting G that seems to get injured a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

britney spears have fun GIF

If you want to be a downer, there are lots of other threads for that.

It's not a negative, it's an observation. My point was that they aren't worried about subjecting players to a losing atmosphere that aren't even here yet

I'm holding out hope that they aren't done and there are some deals to be had later on.

These players will fill out the taxi and ahl squads and this will all be a distant memory. 

I will not wallow in my own self pity! 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I'm holding out hope that they aren't done and there are some deals to be had later on.

These players will fill out the taxi and ahl squads and this will all be a distant memory. 

I will not wallow in my own self pity! 

I don't really care what else comes in, as long as the "real players" (i.e., the young core) can play and develop.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I think the Sabres will be a loose group this year.  They have lowered expectations to the extreme.  Anything good coming out of this season will be bonus.

So let's have fun.

Your optimism is admirable I guess but continually losing isn't "fun".  Being the laughing stock of the league isn't "fun". It just isn't fun or funny any more. 

maybe if we had a Ted Nolan bunch of scrappers we could have a few good nights of rock em sock em but this is simply going to be ridiculous. The only wins we will get is when the opposition takes us too lightly and fails to show up. 

There is nothing about this that will be "fun". 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It's semantics. They are purposely signing players that aren't good. Losing is the desired outcome

They want a high pick 

In reality they are prioritizing "low cost" guys, but they obviously know, everyone is aware the guys you get for 700 000k aren't good.

Does it matter if it's strictly wanted, if it's willingly and knowingly accepted?

They are signing the willing, not the inexpensive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

If there isn't another, much better, goalie brought in, then I think they are trying to lose.

Whom do you think is out there who is excited to sign with Buffalo?  We already have one person who thinks the Sabres failed to ask Ryan Miller.  What's your big theory?

Come on.  The team is obviously rebuilding.  A goalie who is "in career" is going to want to win.  A goalie who is old wants another shot at money, thus Anderson. And a goalie seeking a second or third chance might sign.

Other than that, it's Levi, UPL, and that other guy whose name I don't remember because he's never going to hit the NHL.

That's not tanking and it is not trying to lose.

Edited by Eleven

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They are signing the willing, not the inexpensive.

Good point, and I for one agree with at least this aspect of his approach. We don’t want to overpay FA who don’t really want to be here to begin with. That has never helped in the past.

The one good thing that may come from this off season is that we are in a great cap space position moving forward. KA is smart not to screw that up. Makes for a boring off season though. 

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

My God, the Buffalo Sabres are the Cleveland Indians in Major League..... 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

They won the pennant.  The Sabres are not going to win much.

But they both have attractive female owners whom a lot of people don't like...so there's that.

• Haha (+1) 1