Shopping Jack Eichel: New York

dudacek

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think any insiders have actually said that the Rangers will not include Lafreniere in an Eichel deal.  Again, I could be forgetting it.

I agree with your memory.

I have only read statements of opinion that say “the Rangers aren’t going to put Lafreniere on the table” and none of those from people I believe have any inside information into what the Rangers actually may or may not do.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have only read statements of opinion that say “the Rangers aren’t going to put Lafreniere on the table” and none of those from people I believe have any inside information into what the Rangers actually may or may not do.

According to Ranger fans, they won’t trade any of their prospects at all. They don’t even want Eichel, unless it’s for a 7th round pick. 

17 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

They don’t even want Eichel, unless it’s for a 7th round pick. 

I don’t want Eichel either… His self-absorbed attitude Is a cancer on a team… If Adams can’t trade him before the season starts, rip the “C” off his sweater, keep him off the ice and out of the locker room… Same for Risto, though still hoping Reinhart can buy in… Go with young kids and players who want to be here… Rebuild around winners…

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Believer said:

I don’t want Eichel either… His self-absorbed attitude Is a cancer on a team… If Adams can’t trade him before the season starts, rip the “C” off his sweater, keep him off the ice and out of the locker room… Same for Risto, though still hoping Reinhart can buy in… Go with young kids and players who want to be here… Rebuild around winners…

Honestly how is this Jack's fault ? 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Believer said:

I think you've made me an unbeliever.

25 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Honestly I would like to know ? Does anyone remember when we  Went on the incredible winning streak  twice !  

I would be pretty annoyed if my boss Didn't do anything when the ship is sinking

Some people just need a reason to be angry, I guess. Anyone who believes that all of this franchise's woes are a result of Jack Eichel is completely delusional. They were a dysfunctional mess long before he arrived.

• Like (+1) 1

I think at the end of the day we trade Jack Eichel to the NY Rangers since they have the prospects/draft picks and cap space but it wont be for the haul we were hoping for. I just don't think Kevyn Adams is a wheeling and dealing type of GM (Not that I think he's a bad one yet either). That being said I think we'll deal Eichel, retain some of Eichels salary and our 2nd round #53 OA pick to the NY Rangers for RW Kaapo Kakko, Rangers 1st round pick this year, 1st round pick next year and G prospect Olof Lindbom.

32 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I think at the end of the day we trade Jack Eichel to the NY Rangers since they have the prospects/draft picks and cap space but it wont be for the haul we were hoping for. I just don't think Kevyn Adams is a wheeling and dealing type of GM (Not that I think he's a bad one yet either). That being said I think we'll deal Eichel, retain some of Eichels salary and our 2nd round #53 OA pick to the NY Rangers for RW Kaapo Kakko, Rangers 1st round pick this year, 1st round pick next year and G prospect Olof Lindbom.

Nope. We keep eichel if that's the offer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, Buffalonill said:

Honestly how is this Jack's fault ? 

Eichel is responsible for his attitude and interview remarks… I get he is frustrated and only 24, but he is the Captain of this team… His behavior telegraphs more concern with his “personal team” than his impact on his teammates and the Sabres… He clearly doesn’t want to be here and has made no comment otherwise… Keep him away from the kids… His attitude is cancer… If I were Adams and couldn’t trade Eichel before the preseason, I would take “C” and send him home until I could… Just my opinion, of course…

17 minutes ago, Believer said:

Eichel is responsible for his attitude and interview remarks… I get he is frustrated and only 24, but he is the Captain of this team… His behavior telegraphs more concern with his “personal team” than his impact on his teammates and the Sabres… He clearly doesn’t want to be here and has made no comment otherwise… Keep him away from the kids… His attitude is cancer… If I were Adams and couldn’t trade Eichel before the preseason, I would take “C” and send him home until I could… Just my opinion, of course…

What has Jack said that is so terrible? 

What evidence do you have that he has a bad attitude?

34 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There seem to be a lot of non-credentialed 'junior psychologists' on this board, NS. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If we are making a deal with the Rangers, I hope Braden Schneider is one of the pieces coming back.

More talented than Borgen, more reliable than Risto and just as nasty as either. He projects as an excellent shutdown partner for either Johnson or Samuelsson moving forward.

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If we are making a deal with the Rangers, I hope Braden Schneider is one of the pieces coming back.

More talented than Borgen, more reliable than Risto and just as nasty as either. He projects as an excellent shutdown partner for either Johnson or Samuelsson moving forward.

The downside of a Rangers package is of course no good C prospect.  A package of Schneider, Georgiev, Chytil, Kratsov, and maybe a 1st/2nd doesn’t feel great, but maybe could be ok.

1 hour ago, Believer said:

So its his fault they didn't get a coach that understands hockey or general Manger that makes trades to give confidence to his groups to say hey go for it ? 

Would you work for a boss that let's the company sink and says oh well next year boys for 6 years ? 

23 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Call me Old School… It’s one thing to disagree with Sabres Medical staff about surgery… It’s his body… It’s his right… It’s another thing to do your rehab away from Harbor Center’s world-class facility and your team…  Eichel abandoned his teammates during their 18 game losing streak… The Captain vanished, literally… No public comments… No public encouragement or words of confidence in his team… Out of sight, out of mind… This said more to me about Eichel than anything else he did here… The mistake made with Eichel had nothing to do with Krueger or Granato… It was putting too much pressure on the kid… It was giving him the “C” too soon… He wasn’t ready… He might never be ready… He flunked as a leader… and a Sabre… Just my opinion…  

Edited by Believer

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Call me Old School… It’s one thing to disagree with Sabres Medical staff about surgery… It’s his body… It’s his right… It’s another thing to do your rehab away from Harbor Center’s world-class facility and your team…  Eichel abandoned his teammates during their 18 game losing streak… The Captain vanished, literally… No public comments… No public encouragement or words of confidence in his team… Out of sight, out of mind… This said more to me about Eichel than anything else he did here… The mistake made with Eichel had nothing to do with Krueger or Granato… It was putting too much pressure on the kid… It was giving him the “C” too soon… He wasn’t ready… He might never be ready… He flunked as a leader… and a Sabre… Just my opinion…  

Where did Eichel do his rehab?

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2021 at 9:53 PM, dudacek said:

I have only read statements of opinion that “the Rangers aren’t going to put Lafreniere on the table” and none of those from people I believe have any inside information into what the Rangers actually may or may not do.

I disagree with the poster's memory. I have heard at least a half a dozen analysts and media people involved in hockey say that the Rangers are adamant that they won't include Lafreniere in a trade deal. On WGR I have heard hockey media people who cover the Rangers say on the radio they don't believe the Rangers will include Lafreniere in a trade package for Jack. 

Of course opinions from a variety of sources don't conclusively prove anything one way or the other. But based on the opinions of people who cover the sport and affirmed by people who cover the Rangers the belief is that they are firm in their stance that they are not dealing Lafreniere.  

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I disagree with the poster's memory. I have heard at least a half a dozen analysts and media people involved in hockey say that the Rangers are adamant that they won't include Lafreniere in a trade deal. On WGR I have heard hockey media people who cover the Rangers say on the radio they don't believe the Rangers will include Lafreniere in a trade package for Jack. 

Of course opinions from a variety of sources don't conclusively prove anything one way or the other. But based on the opinions of people who cover the sport and affirmed by people who cover the Rangers the belief is that they are firm in their stance that they are not dealing Lafreniere.  

Not to be that guy, but I’d love to see a link.

I’m talking about a Larry Brooks or a Darren Dreger type citing sources, not stating their opinion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.