Toews: Chronic Immune Response Syndrome

WildCard

https://sports.yahoo.com/jonathan-toews-reveals-battle-with-chronic-immune-response-syndrome-150636576.html

"Jonathan Toews revealed Wednesday morning in a video posted on Twitter, that he has been dealing with Chronic Immune Response Syndrome, a multi-symptom illness that can affect virtually any organ system in the body."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

As someone suffering from CIRS myself, this sure hits home.  Good luck Mr. Towes, it is a difficult illness to battle but there is hope with the right treatment.  Glad to read he’s back on the ice and hopefully this announcement will bring more awareness and research into CIRS. 

• Like (+1) 9

32 minutes ago, Derrico said:

As someone suffering from CIRS myself, this sure hits home.  Good luck Mr. Towes, it is a difficult illness to battle but there is hope with the right treatment.  Glad to read he’s back on the ice and hopefully this announcement will bring more awareness and research into CIRS. 

Best of health to you both.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

To echo LB, yes, wishing you both the best as you deal with this disease.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Derrico said:

Oof...

🙏 for both of you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Is this anything like fibromyalgia?

Yes.  Fibro isn’t an actual illness but a term you are given when you have multi-system inflammation but they don’t know the underlying cause.  My diagnosis started with that but you have to find the underlying cause.  In my case it was CIRS aka mycotoxin illness.  

I urge anyone with unexplained joint pain, headaches, brain fog, anxiety etc. to look into CIRS as a potential cause.  One of the hallmark traits is electric shocks.  I was getting electric shock type feeling through my face and buzzing feeling in my feet and hands.  Treatment for CIRS can take months to 2 years to be back feeling yourself.  I thank God that we finally identified the underlying cause and I’m on the path to healing.

Many with Fibro actually have CIRS as the underlying condition.  There is testing now available.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm interested. But does the I stand for Inflammatory?

Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.  It’s a debilitating illness.  I otherwise live a great life with a wife and 2 boys.  But I was absolutely suicidal when at my worst.  The pain is so bad it’s difficult to describe.  

Again, personally I’m glad to be on the right path and it appears Mr. Toews is as well.  

IMO this is a massively under diagnosed condition because the medical research is just starting to fully understand now the impacts mycotoxins have on human health.  The majority of the medical journals and research is within the past 5 years.  

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.  It’s a debilitating illness.  I otherwise live a great life with a wife and 2 boys.  But I was absolutely suicidal when at my worst.  The pain is so bad it’s difficult to describe.  

Again, personally I’m glad to be on the right path and it appears Mr. Toews is as well.  

IMO this is a massively under diagnosed condition because the medical research is just starting to fully understand now the impacts mycotoxins have on human health.  The majority of the medical journals and research is within the past 5 years.  

There's not a lot of information that jumps out at you. You expect to see Mayo Clinic, healthline, webMD etc. when you google search.

I'm sorry your situation was so terrible.  But thanks for being so honest about it. It's a good reminder that one's vague symptom isn't always (or ever) the condition that comes up when you do some research online.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Did you have a lot of mold in your home?

1 hour ago, freester said:

Did you have a lot of mold in your home?

Not even.  Unfortunately I have the HLA-DR gene which makes it so I have problems methylating toxins.   

Been accumulating in my tissues for years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

There's not a lot of information that jumps out at you. You expect to see Mayo Clinic, healthline, webMD etc. when you google search.

I'm sorry your situation was so terrible.  But thanks for being so honest about it. It's a good reminder that one's vague symptom isn't always (or ever) the condition that comes up when you do some research online.

If you’re looking for any reading material: Toxic by Dr. Neil Nathan is a fantastic read. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Derrico said:

Not even.  Unfortunately I have the HLA-DR gene which makes it so I have problems methylating toxins.   

Been accumulating in my tissues for years.

Today I learned a new word.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.