Oldest living Sabre/s

PASabreFan

44 minutes ago, Kong said:

Marshall's 89. Phil Goyette, who Punch acquired I think along with Marshall is now 87. Both multiple cup winners.

I was going to guess Goyette, prior to reading any of the posts in this thread.  Would have been a pretty good guess 

This doesn't sound like much fun for a summer project, but we need a list of all departed Sabre players. The pace of loss is going to pick up.

It wouldn't be hard just time-consuming. If the roster list I have is accurate, and I think it is, because it's a very reputable hockey resource site, then it would just be a matter of googling the name and finding his Wikipedia page. I'm guessing virtually every NHL player has one, even the old-timers. Some of them might be a challenge.

Anyone interested in helping? We could break up the list in some way. There are 531 current and former Buffalo Sabres.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_players.php?tmi=5054

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This doesn't sound like much fun for a summer project, but we need a list of all departed Sabre players. The pace of loss is going to pick up.

It wouldn't be hard just time-consuming. If the roster list I have is accurate, and I think it is, because it's a very reputable hockey resource site, then it would just be a matter of googling the name and finding his Wikipedia page. I'm guessing virtually every NHL player has one, even the old-timers. Some of them might be a challenge.

Anyone interested in helping? We could break up the list in some way. There are 531 current and former Buffalo Sabres.

I will start at some point.  I am curious as to who is around.  We also would need to keep up each season.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Besides Martin, Robert and Horton, a quick check yielded these names....Ken Breitenbach, Roger Crozier, Reggie Fleming,  Norm Gratton, Dale Hawerchuk, Tom Kurvers, Danny Lawson, Larry Mickey, Steve Montador, Jacques Richard, Doug Rombough, Cliff Schmautz, Eddie Shack, Al Smith, Brian Spencer, Paul Terbenche, Denis Tsygurov and Vladimir Tsyplakov. 

Edited by Kong
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kong said:

Besides Martin, Robert and Horton, a quick check yielded these names....Ken Breitenbach, Roger Crozier, Reggie Fleming,  Norm Gratton, Dale Hawerchuk, Tom Kurvers, Danny Lawson, Larry Mickey, Steve Montador, Jacques Richard, Doug Rombough, Cliff Schmautz, Eddie Shack, Al Smith, Brian Spencer, Paul Terbenche, Denis Tsygurov and Vladimir Tsyplakov. 

Paul Cyr

Kevin O'Shea

Real Lemeuix

Edited by klos1963

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.