2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

22 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Maybe I needed a better definition of “make” NHL?    The basic point is that the Sabres in 2 or 3 years should have more prospects competing for top 9 roles.  With their top pick , they shouldn’t be drafting a forward because the pipeline is dry enough 

Make nhl for me is 200gp and for forwards something like .45ppg 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Make nhl for me is 200gp and for forwards something like .45ppg 

I would lower that ppg marker a smidge.  Trivial, I know, but a guy who is a solid bottom 6 forward putting up 10-15 goals and 25-35 points consistently for several years is a guy who had made the NHL.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

I would lower that ppg marker a smidge.  Trivial, I know, but a guy who is a solid bottom 6 forward putting up 10-15 goals and 25-35 points consistently for several years is a guy who had made the NHL.

If you're 1st and 2nd round picks are 10g, 15a bottom 6 guys, I don't like your drafting. 

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Agreed, but I thought it was a bar for “nhl player”, not a bar for good 1st round pick.

Hence why I set the bar higher. 25pt players can literally be signed or traded for almost at will. 

So sure that's an nhl player but I'm looking at better than JAG level. 

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hence why I set the bar higher. 25pt players can literally be signed or traded for almost at will. 

So sure that's an nhl player but I'm looking at better than JAG level. 

0.45 x 82 is 37 points.

I don’t think that a guy needs to average 37 points per full season to be considered an NHL player.  15 goal, 35 point players aren’t replacement level.  At least in many cases, especially if they bring significant defensive attributes.

PS- this is just a discussion, I realize that we are kind of splitting hairs here.

I honestly think we are both just tying to define “top-9 forward on a good team”.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Shane Wright with 3 more points last night. He is starting to bring it. 

I think he is 1 OA come draft day.

He should be 1oa. It's like most forgot he didn't play for a year, he was almost guaranteed to start "slow". Wright is really good imo.

10 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Agree. I think Slafkovsky might be his biggest challenge when it is all did and done.

I think Savoie or Cooley are the only two players that are in that conversation. Slafskovsky will get an Olympics bump but it won't be enough to be in the top 3 I don't think. 

Ftr, I don't think anyone should be in the conversation except for Wright.

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Savoie or Cooley are the only two players that are in that conversation. Slafskovsky will get an Olympics bump but it won't be enough to be in the top 3 I don't think. 

Ftr, I don't think anyone should be in the conversation except for Wright.

NHL teams still love size. I don’t Slafskovsky goes #1 but I will be suprised if he isn’t top 3 come draft day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.