2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Have you seen his numbers? Its insane 

Yeah.  It’s entirely possible that he goes #1, but it’s just not a certainty.

It’s also possible that he could struggle slightly adjusting to the KHL full time next season, while Bedard puts up iNsANe numbers better than McDavid, and someone takes Bedard 1st.

I feel like you do this all the time with prospects.  You are way too certain about what you think will happen.

54 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s also possible that he could struggle slightly adjusting to the KHL full time next season, while Bedard puts up iNsANe numbers better than McDavid, and someone takes Bedard 1st.

I feel like you do this all the time with prospects.  You are way too certain about what you think will happen.

He’s lucky there isn’t an old takes exposed thread on this site 😂

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Idk, he's got 5 points in 13 khl games so I think he'll adapt fine. 

He has 28 points in 11 MHL games. 

Bedard is 7 months and a few weeks younger and has 24pts in 24 games. Next year will be a race. 

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk, he's got 5 points in 13 khl games so I think he'll adapt fine. 

He has 28 points in 11 MHL games. 

Bedard is 7 months and a few weeks younger and has 24pts in 24 games. Next year will be a race. 

Yeah, obviously Michkov is awesome.  That certainly wasn’t me predicting that he will struggle.  I don’t think he will.  My point was just that it’s still very uncertain how things will shake out 18 months from now.

What if Michkov more or less continues what he is doing, while Bedard hits a little growth spurt, ending up 5’11”+ 190+ by draft time, and also just destroys the WHL for over 2 points per game, and wins MVP of the WJC for a gold medal winning Canada?

Something like that scenario is not outlandish.  It’s entirely possible and could definitely end up with Bedard being drafted #1.  I know that you know all this though, I’m not really railing at you.

Next year will be a race indeed.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, Curt said:

Yeah, obviously Michkov is awesome.  That certainly wasn’t me predicting that he will struggle.  I don’t think he will.  My point was just that it’s still very uncertain how things will shake out 18 months from now.

What if Michkov more or less continues what he is doing, while Bedard hits a little growth spurt, ending up 5’11”+ 190+ by draft time, and also just destroys the WHL for over 2 points per game, and wins MVP of the WJC for a gold medal winning Canada?

Something like that scenario is not outlandish.  It’s entirely possible and could definitely end up with Bedard being drafted #1.  I know that you know all this though, I’m not really railing at you.

Next year will be a race indeed.

As long as we aren't in it. 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:39 AM, Crusader1969 said:

In depth look at my #2 fav prospect.   closing in on #1

https://nhlentrydraft.com/news/the-analysis-matthew-savoie/

As long as we get a C up high

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

As long as we aren't in it. 

As long as we get a C up higher

I agree.  If we don’t want to destroy the spirit of our young players we can’t continue being bottom dwellers perpetually 

Savoie could be a C.  I’d give it something like 50/50 odds.

I kind of love this draft for the Sabres considering their prospect pool weaknesses.  Should be something like 7 RHD and 10 or more C’s in the 1st round.  With 4 of the first 40 picks, Buffalo should be able to load up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I agree.  If we don’t want to destroy the spirit of our young players we can’t continue being bottom dwellers perpetually 

Savoie could be a C.  I’d give it something like 50/50 odds.

I kind of love this draft for the Sabres considering their prospect pool weaknesses.  Should be something like 7 RHD and 10 or more C’s in the 1st round.  With 4 of the first 40 picks, Buffalo should be able to load up.

Why only 50/50? Of the 10 Centers, who would you think has greater odds of ending up a center?  
My thought would be  Wright for sure. Geekie  will be a center but I’m taking Savoie over every day of the week. Cooley and lambert  seems similar to Savoie. 

6 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Why only 50/50? Of the 10 Centers, who would you think has greater odds of ending up a center?  
My thought would be  Wright for sure. Geekie  will be a center but I’m taking Savoie over every day of the week. Cooley and lambert  seems similar to Savoie. 

Just because 1) lots of players drafted as C’s end up on the wing, 2) in general NHL teams love to put smaller guys on the wing 3) Savoie has played at quite a bit of wing.

Probability guess of being a C, high to low:  Wright, Geekie, Cooley, Savoie, McGroarty, Lambert, Yurov 

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

FYI, if the season ended today, the Sabres would be picking: 4, 19, 30, 36.

If that were the case, consolidated rankings would have us take... 

4 - Joakim Kemell, 5'11" 176lb RW

19 - Filip Mesar, 5'10" 172lb C/RW

30 - Ludwig Jansson, 6' 176lb RHD (I bumped him up a spot because I don't see us taking another 5'10" c/rw in Pano Fimis)

36 - Danny Zhilkin, 6'2" 183lb C (he's 32nd but I don't have more in the consolidated. He is also a Canadian/Russian and that just seems right up our alley)

NOTE* these are not the players I would pick. If I had the consolidated rankings (CR), we pretend that is the order players get picked, I can then pick any player not already gone... 

4) Loogan Cooley (7 CR), 5'10" 174lb C

19) Filip Mesar, 5'10" 172lb C/RW... or Ty Nelson, 5'10" 196lb RHD

30) Danny Zhilkin, 6'2" 183lb C (There were some other considerations but it is super early and I think he adds a great link between Russia and NA for some of our Russian prospects and he is also pretty good)

36) Reiger Lorenz, 6'2" 185lb C (some of you are probably like who? He is a C/W that plays in the AJHL and is committed to U. Denver next season. His end of March bday and his skills make him a very interesting prospect. He probably needs 2 years of college before transitioning to the AHL but there's a hard working, intelligent, fast player there and he is pacing his AJHL team in points)

I was tempted to take out Mesar and put in a RHD and if that were the case... Ty Nelson is the guy. Tristen Luneau is bigger but Nelson I think is better. Nelson has more points in a tougher defensive league, without playing last year. I would say that Luneau is probably on a team with less talent though. You could easily talk me into Luneau is what I am saying, these 2 are close. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.