2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wheeler's top 64 prospects with write ups. Matthew Savoie continues to stick out to me. 

https://theathletic.com/2887391/2021/11/03/nhl-draft-ranking-scott-wheelers-top-64-prospects-for-2022/

I can’t read the article. Stick out how, as a target, overrated, underrated?

I like his offensive game, great creativity and wheels. Gives me some Briere vibes.  My only concern is he has taken two massive hits alread in his young career, he has to find a way to be more aware and avoid those.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

We look lottery bound again. If we snag one of the top C prospects then we will be in good shape. Actually C, C, RHD would be a good 1st round haul to set this team up.

Savoie, Nelson, Kasper

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

I can’t read the article. Stick out how, as a target, overrated, underrated?

I like his offensive game, great creativity and wheels. Gives me some Briere vibes.  My only concern is he has taken two massive hits alread in his young career, he has to find a way to be more aware and avoid those.

Sticks out in that I think he will slide in the draft due to his size and will be a value pick for whoever gets him in the same vein as Rossi or Jarvis

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Savoie, Nelson, Kasper

Sticks out in that I think he will slide in the draft due to his size and will be a value pick for whoever gets him in the same vein as Rossi or Jarvis

Is Nelson that talented? 5’8 dmen don’t usually go first round.  

The Sabres are going to get plenty of views of Jack Hughes playing with Levi.  

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Is Nelson that talented? 5’8 dmen don’t usually go first round.  

The Sabres are going to get plenty of views of Jack Hughes playing with Levi.  

He's 5'10" which in this case is my threshold for defenders that high. 

He has always been a draw for his offensive skill. But he’s also a stocky, athletic kid who is heavy over his skates, has grown nearly two inches, and already weighs in at 195 pounds. There’s some risk-taking that comes with his game but as he learns to simplify a bit, he’s got all of the makings of a modern offensive defenseman and some of the makings of a bit of a throwback (he has not shied away physically as a rookie). His head is always up, his shot is a weapon and he’s not afraid to use it, he’s eager to activate up ice and join the rush or lead a transition sequence, he side-steps pressure with ease, and while I wouldn’t say he’s fast per se, his stride is compact and balanced, which allows him to weave up ice and spin off of pressure. https://theathletic.com/2887391/2021/11/03/nhl-draft-ranking-scott-wheelers-top-64-prospects-for-2022/

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

@LGR4GM is there any chance Mishkov makes the Olympic team this year? Couldn't find the Russian long list, but I have to imagine it's a long shot right?

Your talking about Matvei Michkov, the winger that will challenge Bedard for 1st overall in 2023? 

If that is who you mean, I would say no. A 17 year old on the Russian team in a year when the NHL will allow players to go to the Olympics makes him a massive long shot. They might let him come to camp for a bit but I would doubt he makes the team, it would be stunning if he did. I just think that with roster construction there will be enough Russian scoring wingers and enough depth wingers that Michkov doesn't make the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Your talking about Matvei Michkov, the winger that will challenge Bedard for 1st overall in 2023? 

If that is who you mean, I would say no. A 17 year old on the Russian team in a year when the NHL will allow players to go to the Olympics makes him a massive long shot. They might let him come to camp for a bit but I would doubt he makes the team, it would be stunning if he did. I just think that with roster construction there will be enough Russian scoring wingers and enough depth wingers that Michkov doesn't make the team. 

Thanks, yes that was who I was referring to. I think I saw that he's under KHL contract until 2024 as well, does that sound right to you?

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Thanks, yes that was who I was referring to. I think I saw that he's under KHL contract until 2024 as well, does that sound right to you?

Elite has his contract listed until 25/26. That would mean D+1 (23/24), D+2 (24/25), and D+3 (25/26) he might be in Russia. No clue on the contract terms or any of that though. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He's 5'10" which in this case is my threshold for defenders that high. 

I’ve watched Nelson about half a dozen times here in North Bay. He is a great skater and can go end to end but plays the team game. He is getting better in the OHL every game after sitting out a year. He earned an A at camp despite having never played an OHL game.

I compare him to long time Predator Ryan Ellis in stature and playing style.

As this season goes on I should have tons of views on this kid and some intel as well, my son knows people on the team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

My boy  lambert is likely off buffalos draft board already  Even if he bounces back . They're not going to risk bringing his bad attitude in the organization. 

Wish him nothing but the best 

Had not heard about Lambert's attitude. I have heard he has had some minor injuries and relies too much on his individual puck skills which causes him some problems at the pro level. The scoring before this year is there but this year is a big woof. He's a guy to watch intensely as the season progresses. 

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Had not heard about Lambert's attitude. I have heard he has had some minor injuries and relies too much on his individual puck skills which causes him some problems at the pro level. The scoring before this year is there but this year is a big woof. He's a guy to watch intensely as the season progresses. 

He showed it last game  Giving the middle finger and getting kicked out.

His dad isn't helping  hes pretty much a control freak.

Buffalo's gonna see way too many red flags now

Edited by Buffalonill

8 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

If we land Shane Wright or Brad Lambert in the upcoming draft it will speed up the process for sure. Wright/Lambert, Krebs, Jack Quinn, JJ Peterka, Casey Middlestadt, Owen Power, UPL, Victor Olofsson and Dylan Cozens should be an interesting lineup.

I think Lambert is a couple years away from the NHL. I don't think he speeds up the process any more than getting a Savoie or a Cooley. 

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I have to see more and research more but I'm not sold on Lambert. I like Miroshnichenko better and, although again I need to look deeper, I kind of like Conor Geekie. 

I like Miroshnichenko as well but wonder if Buffalo will. He is playing up a league in the VHL this year so punching above his weight class and I have not watched anything on him. Just know the scouts seem to like him. 

Conor Geekie on the other hand I have watched. Geekie is a big guy who uses that to overpower his physically immature opponents. He has really good hands and his shot is powerful although I think others have more shot options. He sees the ice well and can find teammates. There is deception to his passing. 

Sounds great right? His skating is the least dynamic thing on the planet. I am not sure if he can do a crossover, his stride is stiff, he doesn't fully extend and he pushes to the side to far meaning there is a short movement that doesn't even generate a lot of speed. He seems way too easy to get knocked off the puck and I think his quickness (short area explosion 5-10ft) is honestly bad. Playing on the team he does and having Savoie there really helps him be successful and I am truly worried with better competition his skating would make him a liability at times. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He showed it last game  Giving the middle finger and getting kicked out.

His dad isn't helping  hes pretty much a control freak.

Buffalo's gonna see way too many red flags now

Eww. Yea I have already started to be leery of him and this makes more leery. 

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So Chicago’s reward for the sex sandal will be Shane Wright.  That makes sense.

I think the league has to wait and see if that pick transfer before they can pull it and pull it they should. If it goes to CBJ then pull the 2023 first. The league has been extremely lenient on Chicago and it is pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 2

Another player the Sabres should know well by seasons end and who could be grabbed with a later or mid 1st is Jack Hughes. No relations to Jack Hughes or the Hughes brothers, Jack Hughes is a center who plays on Devon Levi's team at Northeastern and has 5 points in 10 games this year as a Freshmen who just turned 18. 

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Another player the Sabres should know well by seasons end and who could be grabbed with a later or mid 1st is Jack Hughes. No relations to Jack Hughes or the Hughes brothers, Jack Hughes is a center who plays on Devon Levi's team at Northeastern and has 5 points in 10 games this year as a Freshmen who just turned 18. 

I think another guy to really drill down on with one of the later 1sts is Nathan Gaucher of the Quebec Remparts. Big 6’3 207lbs centre who can do it all. He plays with Sabres 5th round pick Viljami Marjala so the Sabres will have lots of eyes on him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think the league has to wait and see if that pick transfer before they can pull it and pull it they should. If it goes to CBJ then pull the 2023 first. The league has been extremely lenient on Chicago and it is pathetic. 

Do you think there's any chance they lose their first, this year? Have it taken away?

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Which guy in the top 10 aside from Wright looks most like an “Adams” Sabre?

Im talking competitive, fast, relentless, good teammate.

Whichever guy shows Adams a picture of his Sabres bedsheets from childhood is the guy

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Rutger McGroaty is one. 6-1 200lb physical C from Nebraska

EDIT: Also C Matt Savoie 5-9 180lb in WHL, Joakim Kemell 5-11 180 RW playing in Luigi, and maybe Russian RW/C Danila Yurov 

Edited by Curt
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Do you think there's any chance they lose their first, this year? Have it taken away?

No. 

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Ask again later

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Lambert is a couple years away from the NHL. I don't think he speeds up the process any more than getting a Savoie or a Cooley. 

I like Miroshnichenko as well but wonder if Buffalo will. He is playing up a league in the VHL this year so punching above his weight class and I have not watched anything on him. Just know the scouts seem to like him. 

Conor Geekie on the other hand I have watched. Geekie is a big guy who uses that to overpower his physically immature opponents. He has really good hands and his shot is powerful although I think others have more shot options. He sees the ice well and can find teammates. There is deception to his passing. 

Sounds great right? His skating is the least dynamic thing on the planet. I am not sure if he can do a crossover, his stride is stiff, he doesn't fully extend and he pushes to the side to far meaning there is a short movement that doesn't even generate a lot of speed. He seems way too easy to get knocked off the puck and I think his quickness (short area explosion 5-10ft) is honestly bad. Playing on the team he does and having Savoie there really helps him be successful and I am truly worried with better competition his skating would make him a liability at times. 

Eww. Yea I have already started to be leery of him and this makes more leery. 

I know it's not a lot to go on but Miroshnichenko is definitely a goal scorer. 

Ovechkin comparisons are out there and I think that is too lofty, but he does have some similarities and a good shot. 

I'm considering your comments on Geekie and they may be right. I have to see more. My wish list is to get players to complement what we already have in the cupboard. Depends how high our pick is I suppose.  We could use more size though. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know it's not a lot to go on but Miroshnichenko is definitely a goal scorer. 

Ovechkin comparisons are out there and I think that is too lofty, but he does have some similarities and a good shot. 

I'm considering your comments on Geekie and they may be right. I have to see more. My wish list is to get players to complement what we already have in the cupboard. Depends how high our pick is I suppose.  We could use more size though. 

If you're drafting a player because he's tall, you've already failed as an organization. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.