2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Reading, looks like the OG plan was actually a 1 day draft on that Thursday 

Reading what?

The tweet I was responding to said that day 1 of the draft would be on a Thursday, not that it would be a 1 day draft on that Thursday.

Having it all in one day, on a Thursday, would be even stranger.  The draft takes many hours to complete.  Having it all in one day would probably mean that the 1st round would need to begin pretty early, during work day hours on a Thursday. Wouldn’t make much sense to me.

Edited by Curt

2 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

Just give me a center in 2022.

Boxing themselves into literally needing to forgo "BPA" next draft is the "backing yourself into a corner" twin-sister of walking Reinhart to UFA, and thus necessitating a swap for trade market (poor) value

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

11 centers listed in Craig's preseason rankings. 

A lot of skilled centres to choose from. Wright is the prize though. Kind of a super version of Cozens. Natural born leader, plays the right way, tremendous shot. He is much more skilled then Cozens but I do see some similarities in the leadership/way he carries himself aspect of his makeup.

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

A lot of skilled centres to choose from. Wright is the prize though. Kind of a super version of Cozens. Natural born leader, plays the right way, tremendous shot. He is much more skilled then Cozens but I do see some similarities in the leadership/way he carries himself aspect of his makeup.

Wright is a tom brady he will yell at you and command respect

On 9/23/2021 at 6:58 AM, Flashsabre said:

Oh god ya, Wright is a complete player and will be a huge prize. I doubt anyone even comes close to challenging him for first overall. He's Bergeron/Toews, maybe better. Building around Wright will be easy for whoever gets him. 

I think Lambert will be really good. Too early for me to comment on the rest. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh god ya, Wright is a complete player and will be a huge prize. I doubt anyone even comes close to challenging him for first overall. He's Bergeron/Toews, maybe better. Building around Wright will be easy for whoever gets him. 

I think Lambert will be really good. Too early for me to comment on the rest. 

Savoie will challenge wright to the end 

7 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Savoie will challenge wright to the end 

I’m higher on Savoie than a lot of the recent rankings I’ve seen but it would take either a long-term injury or a complete disappearance from Wright. If Wright just stays the course and doesn’t take a jump I don’t think there’s anything reasonable Savoie could do in one season to jump him.

Catching my first OHL game in two years today. It is an exhibition game but I am looking forward to it.

Our North Bay Battalion team had the 1st overall pick in 2020, Ty Nelson, and he has not played an OHL game yet. He is 2022 NHL draft eligible and Craig Button has him pegged as a 1st rounder. Looking forward to watching him this season as well as all the other prospects, including Shane Wright.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Catching my first OHL game in two years today. It is an exhibition game but I am looking forward to it.

Our North Bay Battalion team had the 1st overall pick in 2020, Ty Nelson, and he has not played an OHL game yet. He is 2022 NHL draft eligible and Craig Button has him pegged as a 1st rounder. Looking forward to watching him this season as well as all the other prospects, including Shane Wright.

I like him but if we take another D I'll  scream 

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Looking forward to going to see the Bulldogs.  North Bay is one of the teams I want to see this year 

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

I want the Sabres to take at least one C in the first round.

Just saying I get to watch Nelson a lot this year.

They may have 3 or 4 first rounders.   Nothing wrong with grabbing a RHD with One of them

23 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

They may have 3 or 4 first rounders.   Nothing wrong with grabbing a RHD with One of them

Of interest: Columbus has two firsts next season (their own and Chicago’s). They’ve reportedly had interest in Jack and have some pieces (including Owen Power’s Michigan teammate Kent Johnson) if those talks resume at any point.

Arizona has three (their own, Montreal’s and Colorado’s), two of which I’d expect to be very high in the draft but I don’t believe they have interest in Jack and that team also needs to restock after losing so many draft picks to forfeiture and Taylor Hall (which is basically another forfeiture). That and saving money on young prospects is a good idea for a team that’s been in financial trouble for basically its entire existence.

Savoie will surprise some ppl and I have no idea where McKenzie got his height from. Elite lists him as 5'10" so that will be something to check on at the combine. 

Savoie would be my #2 at this point behind Wright and followed by Miroshnichenko

Everything after those 3 is completely random. 

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think sabres want wright but are happy with any of the top 3 - The one they really want is in 2023 Michkov though.

I expect to see a lot more Russians being picked in next two drafts as well with the heavier scouting being done in Russia.

That's not how you spell Bedard. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.