2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not "tall", bigger, heavier guys who use it. Grit. Tenacity. We need to add power forwards and2 way players, not soft skaters and playmakers. We have enough of that in the system now. imo

I can't name one soft playmaker added recently. 

JJ is gritty 

Quinn is 200ft

Krebs is 200ft and gritty

Poltapov is nasty

Savoie has more grit and tenacity than Geekie impo.

I don't think geekie being big will matter much when he can't skate

Edited by LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

JJ is gritty 

Quinn is 200ft

Poltapov is nasty

I don't geekie being will matter much when he can't skate

Krebs is a playmaker.  Look at his Junior stats it’s almost 2-1 assists to goals.  He maybe the purest playmaker in our system.

He is a high-end playmaker with great vision and the ability to execute any number of tricky passes that can catch defenses, McKeen's Hockey 2019

I haven’t seen him enough to know if he is soft or not.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

*gives 8-ball a shake*

same questions? 

Mystery Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Krebs is a playmaker.  Look at his Junior stats it’s almost 2-1 assists to goals.  He maybe the purest playmaker in our system.

He is a high-end playmaker with great vision and the ability to execute any number of tricky passes that can catch defenses, McKeen's Hockey 2019

He's not soft. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm not arguing against Savoie. He's definitely in the mix. 

Overall I think our bar for what qualifies as grit is in a different place but that's okay. Long way from the draft at this point. 

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't think he is "soft" but this is my point. WE already have playmakers in the cupboard. We need power forwards. 

17 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Overall I think our bar for what qualifies as grit is in a different place but that's okay. Long way from the draft at this point. 

I don't think he is "soft" but this is my point. WE already have playmakers in the cupboard. We need power forwards. 

I wouldn't view Geekie as a power forward. 

Slafkovsky is more physically engaged from what I've read. Still really early in the year. 

18 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The only true playmaker is Krebs.

I guess I don't understand what you're looking for in a power forward or what you mean. 

58 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Rutger McGroarty is a lottery guy who definite plays a power forward type of game.  (Highlight package from last season, USHL level)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If you're drafting a player because he's tall, you've already failed as an organization. 

Man. People can’t mention size as an asset without you hounding them. If I’m choosing between two players who have the exact same skillet and production I’m choosing the bigger one every single time. If Shorty McShorterson is clearly the better play, I’m taking Shorty.

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I know a Dell.

adele adkins hello GIF

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Rutger McGroarty is a lottery guy who definite plays a power forward type of game.  (Highlight package from last season, USHL level)

No. That’s a made up name.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

JJ is gritty 

Quinn is 200ft

Poltapov is nasty

Holy crap Quinn and Krebs are tall.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know it's not a lot to go on but Miroshnichenko is definitely a goal scorer. 

We could use more size though. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If you're drafting a player because he's tall, you've already failed as an organization. 

55 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Man. People can’t mention size as an asset without you hounding them. If I’m choosing between two players who have the exact same skillet and production I’m choosing the bigger one every single time. If Shorty McShorterson is clearly the better play, I’m taking Shorty.

Didn't mention it as an asset. Mentioned in the context of we should add more size. When ppl stop using size as some asset when it isn't unless you can do allllll the other things first, I will stop. Geekie has major skating issues, if he did not and it was Savoie v Geekie, sure you could convince me that we should take Geekie because that size advantage will pay off. Issue is Geekie's skating makes the fact he is big irrelevant at this juncture. 

Geekie needs to really improve his skating before the end of the season. Something to watch but still early.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Didn't mention it as an asset. Mentioned in the context of we should add more size. When ppl stop using size as some asset when it isn't unless you can do allllll the other things first, I will stop. Geekie has major skating issues, if he did not and it was Savoie v Geekie, sure you could convince me that we should take Geekie because that size advantage will pay off. Issue is Geekie's skating makes the fact he is big irrelevant at this juncture. 

Geekie needs to really improve his skating before the end of the season. Something to watch but still early.

Size is an asset. Saying “we could use more size” is insinuating size is an asset the team is missing. It’s correct to say we could use more of it. At no point did PF say “we could use more size and should prioritize players with size over smaller players regardless of skill/performance.” It’s a complex.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Which guy in the top 10 aside from Wright looks most like an “Adams” Sabre?

Im talking competitive, fast, relentless, good teammate.

My favorite prospect that fits the billing beside Wright in this draft is Joakim Kemell. A hard working, sniper scorer from Finland who cant stop scoring. Plays quick, excels in a transition game.

Other then that, i see three players that seem like "Adams" type of players. Not sure where they will land, but might be a reach if the Sabres pick too high. But the players are Frank Nazar, a 2-way right winger, kills penalties, plays PP, high hockey IQ, a competitor. Will attend Michigan next year. Danila Yurov a Russian winger, plays a heavy game, good scorer, also a hard worker. And Jack Hughes, a center on Devon Levi's Northeastern. He's more mid-to-late first round type player, but a very smart player, does all the little things, 2-way center. Has 3 goals in 10 college games this season so far.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CM37 said:

My favorite prospect that fits the billing beside Wright in this draft is Joakim Kemell. A hard working, sniper scorer from Finland who cant stop scoring. Plays quick, excels in a transition game.

Other then that, i see three players that seem like "Adams" type of players. Not sure where they will land, but might be a reach if the Sabres pick too high. But the players are Frank Nazar, a 2-way right winger, kills penalties, plays PP, high hockey IQ, a competitor. Will attend Michigan next year. Danila Yurov a Russian winger, plays a heavy game, good scorer, also a hard worker. And Jack Hughes, a center on Devon Levi's Northeastern. He's more mid-to-late first round type player, but a very smart player, does all the little things, 2-way center. Has 3 goals in 10 college games this season so far.

Can I stop you right there for a sec. I need to know what an Adams type player is. I've heard the rhetoric, but don't see it on the ice currently and not enough drafting yet to see a trend or consistency. What exactly is an Adams type player????

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Can I stop you right there for a sec. I need to know what an Adams type player is. I've heard the rhetoric, but don't see it on the ice currently and not enough drafting yet to see a trend or consistency. What exactly is an Adams type player????

I'm not sure if this is rhetorical or not, because you've said you're familiar with the words.

Look who he is invested prime assets in: Quinn, Peterka, Tuch, Krebs, Rosen, Poltapov, Kisakov... competitive players who play fast, at least up front.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.