"Slow-down for Bedard"

JoeSchmoe

For anyone following the U18 World Championships Connor Bedard is leading a stacked Canada team in scoring as a double-minor (2 year under-ager).

He is likely to be the next in line to follow the Crosby to McDavid line of "generational players".

Anyhow, I'm laying out the tank motto for him on this early... And by slow-down i mean play bad... not the derogatory meaning.

Too bad the Sabres will be a top team in the league by the time hes draft eligible. 🤠

Edited by JoeSchmoe

2 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Anyhow, I'm laying out the tank motto for him on this early... And by retard i mean slow down... not the derogatory meaning.

And if you need to add this to your marketing slogan.  It’s not well written.  Didn’t you watch Mad Men?

Just now, Curt said:

And if you need to add this to your marketing slogan.  It’s not well written.  Didn’t you watch Mad Men?

Didn't watch it, but we use this term in Electrical Engineering all the time as the definition of a slower circuit trip timing. And i don't think theres a better rhyming word out there.

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Didn't watch it, but we use this term in Electrical Engineering all the time as the definition of a slower circuit trip timing. And i don't think theres a better rhyming word out there.

Really good show.

Im just having some fun with you.

Here's an example of a manufacturer using slowing down timing in their product literature.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.eaton.com/ecm/idcplg%3FIdcService%3DGET_FILE%26allowInterrupt%3D1%26RevisionSelectionMethod%3DLatestReleased%26Rendition%3DPrimary%26dDocName%3DPCT_1130880&ved=2ahUKEwiUu-_23bPwAhUSB50JHZ2jDdcQFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw0wlfvo4gjC9mq5lED5zNsc&cshid=1620259233741

Variations of timing characteristics and sequences can be

programmed for a maximum of four operations. When a recloser

is programmed for both fast and retarded operations, the fast

operations – involving no intentional time delay – occur first in

the sequence according to the recloser’s A curve time-current

characteristic. Slowing down operations are according to the recloser’s B

or C time-current curve (B, C, or D curve for Types E, 4E, and L). See

Time Current Curves R280-91-10 for Type E reclosers; R280-91-8 for

Type 4E; R280-91-1 for Type H; R280-91-2 for Types 4H, V4H, 6H, and

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JoeSchmoe said:

You don’t have to explain. I’m sure most of us are aware of the definitions and usages of the word, but it’s not appropriate, due to one of the usages being insulting/offensive.

Everyone believes you, but in the case of this thread it lacks context that is present when reading technical documents, so everyone’s mind immediately jumps the other usage.

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

You don’t have to explain. I’m sure most of us are aware of the definitions and usages of the word, but it’s not appropriate, due to one of the usages being insulting/offensive.

It's funny that the product manufacturers still use the term, and it's widely used in our industry. I'm not here for a fight though... I guess I'll have to take it down. 

• JoeSchmoe changed the title to "Slow-down for Bedard"

It's funny that the product manufacturers still use the term, and it's widely used in our industry. I'm not here for a fight though... I guess I'll have to take it down. 

I feel like it’s a good example of a word that was used in such a poor way by the general public that it actually broke the meaning of the word in such a way that it can’t even be used in normal conversation without everyone involuntarily thinking of the inappropriate usage.

In the case of technical electromechanical documentation, the context is so clear that it can still be used.  Plus, let’s be honest, no one reads that stuff anyway.  😂

• Like (+1) 2

Ok... New name.

Anyhow, to do what the kid is doing at his age is pretty incredible. Shane Wright, the team captain was regarded by some to be the next potential one as an Exceptional Player in the OHL, but Bedard is shooting right past him.

I wouldn’t say that. Both look like superstars and the top pick in the next 2 drafts.  Wright had 4 points today and looks every bit the player Bedard is and is bigger.  Both of them have elite NHL shots at 16 and 15, just crazy!!

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I wouldn’t say that. Both look like superstars and the top pick in the next 2 drafts.  Wright had 4 points today and looks every bit the player Bedard is and is bigger.  Both of them have elite NHL shots at 16 and 15, just crazy!!

Wright is 17. Bedard doesn't turn 16 until July. I guess that only puts them one draft year apart. I thought it was two.

Ok... New name.

Anyhow, to do what the kid is doing at his age is pretty incredible. Shane Wright, the team captain was regarded by some to be the next potential one as an Exceptional Player in the OHL, but Bedard is shooting right past him.

Yeah, Wright is like your typical high end #1 pick (Matthews, MacKinnon, Tavares, Stamkos)

Bedard looks like something next level (McDavid, Crosby, Lindros, Lemieux)

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

I feel like it’s a good example of a word that was used in such a poor way by the general public that it actually broke the meaning of the word in such a way that it can’t even be used in normal conversation without everyone involuntarily thinking of the inappropriate usage.

In the case of technical electromechanical documentation, the context is so clear that it can still be used.  Plus, let’s be honest, no one reads that stuff anyway.  😂

The electromechanical version is also pronounced with a short e which rhymes much better with Bedard.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, ya know,  Bedard sounds like a Frenchie name which means I hear "Buh-Darr", rhymes with "far".   So, like, I didn't get the "joke".

How about Backtrack for Bedard? Or "Don't go far if you want Bedard"? "If your team is bettered, you won't get Bedard".

Edited by etiennep99

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.