Roster Off-Season Gameplan

GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dreger mentioned the teams in the Top Ten of the Draft calling or should be calling so I went with that.

The 3OA would be an appealing piece but you’ve got to get a better piece in an Eichel deal. Comtois is a good young winger but he’s nothing to write home about. I guess maybe Perreault could be a nice surprise but I’m not quite sure yet.

42 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If that’s the Eichel trade I’d be absolutely livid. Like throwing ***** and considering abandoning the team angry.

If you go back to the "4 1sts" ask it is definitely in the ballpark. Perreault and especially Comtois are worth picks in the 2nd half of the first, the Ducks 2nd is close enough and the #3 pick definitely qualifies as blue chip value (Eklund or Beniers?), even in this year; it's better than Turcotte and in the ballpark with Zegras.

It's not sexy, but if you are talking baskets of lottery tickets, it's a competitive offer.

You can't overlook the cap space this creates either.

36 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The 3OA would be an appealing piece but you’ve got to get a better piece in an Eichel deal. Comtois is a good young winger but he’s nothing to write home about. I guess maybe Perreault could be a nice surprise but I’m not quite sure yet.

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If you go back to the "4 1sts" ask it is definitely in the ballpark. Perreault and especially Comtois are worth picks in the 2nd half of the first, the Ducks 2nd is close enough and the #3 pick definitely qualifies as blue chip value (Eklund or Beniers?), even in this year; it's better than Turcotte and in the ballpark with Zegras.

It's not sexy, but if you are talking baskets of lottery tickets, it's a competitive offer.

You can't overlook the cap space this creates either.

Part of My Thought Process was looking at the Anaheim Prospect Tiers

Tier 1 is Zegras, Drysdale and 3rd Overall. 

Tier 2 is Comtois, Perrault, LaCombe and Dostal 

They probably get one from Column A and Two from Column B 

Zegras is probably untouchable to Anaheim, which should give them two choices from Column B.

If Drysdale is available, that removes the 3OA if that’s the Sabres Choice. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

Zegras is probably untouchable to Anaheim, which should give them two choices from Column B.

Zegras would be key to me, he's a potential 1C and a bit into his development already. 3OA we are looking at 2 to 3 years down the line and that is unacceptable.

My offer on CapFriendly was:

Eichel & Olofsson

for

Zegras, Comtois, Henrique, 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd, and 2023 2nd

The 2022 2nd becomes a 2022 1st if Eichel plays 41 games or gets 40 points. (This 2022 1st is Lottery Protected)

If they decide to use that condition, the 2022 2nd stays a 2nd and instead the 2023 2nd becomes a 1st but not protected.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I don’t believe Anaheim would but would you do Drysdale and 3OA?

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's not acceptable to me to trade eichel to ducks without zegras coming back. I'd do anything within reason to make it happen (no adding dahlin or something ridiculous )

3rd is as good. Drysdale might be too. He’s really, really good. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Whys that Mr brawndo?

California kid. Good prospect. Nice consolation prize for missing out on a Drysdale, Brandt Clarke, or Luke Hughes and fills that role

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I don’t believe Anaheim would but would you do Drysdale and 3OA?

I want them to do Zegras and 3OA. 

Of course I would do Drysdale and 3OA. 

I’m a Benierstan but a Top 4 D of

Dahlin-Jokiharju 

Power-Drysdale 

Is intriguing. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I want them to do Zegras and 3OA. 

Of course I would do Drysdale and 3OA. 

I’m a Benierstan but a Top 4 D of

Dahlin-Jokiharju 

Power-Drysdale 

Is intriguing. 

I imagine Joker and Drysdale would flip in that situation but that looks delicious. There’s a decent chance Beniers would be there at three anyways. There’s also a decent chance they’d pass on him even if he were there.

56 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I imagine Joker and Drysdale would flip in that situation but that looks delicious. There’s a decent chance Beniers would be there at three anyways. There’s also a decent chance they’d pass on him even if he were there.

Good Morning Swag GIF

Seattle’s Analytics Department when Beniers is there at Second Overall 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

California kid. Good prospect. Nice consolation prize for missing out on a Drysdale, Brandt Clarke, or Luke Hughes and fills that role

I don’t think 3rd is. I have Cozens well above whoever the pick is there and Liger has Zegras above Cozens 

Not to mention being 2 years behind in timeline. I understand this franchise doesn’t care about that but generally the further a pick/player is out the less value it has 

Edited by Thorny

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Drysdale would be an acceptable replacement for Zegras, though that would increase importance on other forward moves this summer and/or in draft. 3OA is not an acceptable replacement for Zegras imo

Has there been a lot of smoke about Anaheim being interested?  They would probably be the best trade partner but from their end I just don’t see the appeal.  They are in a rebuild. Giving up young pieces for Eichel doesn’t make a ton of sense. They don’t have much up front to play with Eichel. Unless ownership has told Murray to get a new star.

If they are really interested then I could see Murray being a guy that is enamoured with Risto.

Ducks top pieces are Zegras, #3 pick, Drysdale.  I think you have to get two of those pieces.  Zegras and #3 would be ideal. Comtois is a good young winger too, maybe if Risto is involved then he might be a piece coming back.

I think Minny is a more realistic partner. Guerin has that team going and they need a number 1 centre to play with Kaprizov. A package around Boldy, Rossi, 1st round pick would be an interesting return.

45 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Has there been a lot of smoke about Anaheim being interested?  They would probably be the best trade partner but from their end I just don’t see the appeal.  They are in a rebuild. Giving up young pieces for Eichel doesn’t make a ton of sense. They don’t have much up front to play with Eichel. Unless ownership has told Murray to get a new star.

If they are really interested then I could see Murray being a guy that is enamoured with Risto.

Ducks top pieces are Zegras, #3 pick, Drysdale.  I think you have to get two of those pieces.  Zegras and #3 would be ideal. Comtois is a good young winger too, maybe if Risto is involved then he might be a piece coming back.

I think Minny is a more realistic partner. Guerin has that team going and they need a number 1 centre to play with Kaprizov. A package around Boldy, Rossi, 1st round pick would be an interesting return.

Generally teams, when given the opportunity to acquire a star player (through trade, for a reasonable price, which doesn't happen often) and ramp-up a rebuild to a more efficient timeline don't pass on that opportunity - it's only the Sabres that are against this because they tried one time to bring in a win now player (ROR) and it didn't work. So that rules out the strategy for all times. 

I'm sure pretty much all teams would be interested in Jack, depending on the cost. As the serious teams get more serious and the offers reflect that, teams will drop out. Hopefully enough stay in for long enough. 

Edited by Thorny

18 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Anaheim’s GM is under pressure to win from ownership. 

Dreger mentioned He could see the Kings circling back to Eichel.

Your Minnesota Proposal is intriguing.

Dreger also mentioned that the Sabres are telling other teams that We are not moving Jack unless they get a return they feel is worthy. 

They need two or three teams to get into a bidding war, lf they are moving Jack it needs to happen 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Anaheim’s GM is under pressure to win from ownership. 

Dreger mentioned He could see the Kings circling back to Eichel.

Your Minnesota Proposal is intriguing.

Dreger also mentioned that the Sabres are telling other teams that We are not moving Jack unless they get a return they feel is worthy. 

They need two or three teams to get into a bidding war, lf they are moving Jack it needs to happen 

Agree and I think teams will get more serious just before the expansion draft and just before the draft. That's when things will ramp up. 

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Drysdale would be an acceptable replacement for Zegras, though that would increase importance on other forward moves this summer and/or in draft. 3OA is not an acceptable replacement for Zegras imo

If you go for Drysdale in an Eichel deal then you have to either extend Reinhart or focus on a veteran center in exchange for him (Lindholm/Monahan come to mind).

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Travis Yost suggested Vegas and Colorado get into the mix.

Vegas would start with Tuch and Krebs

Colorado would start with Newhook. 

Vegas is so aggressive, I can see that happening, and I like those two players.

I like what Colorado has offer too, I just don't really see Sakic taking the path of adding another expensive elite player.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.