Roster Off-Season Gameplan

GASabresIUFAN

14 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I don’t know that Sam for JT Miller straight up would even be considered by Vancouver.

I think they're pretty even myself. I think Rhino is under valued by many on this board. Rhino is I think three years younger.

Edited by Radar

Just now, Radar said:

I think they're pretty even myself. I think Rhino is under valued by many on this board.

Yea I think they’re close in value but the trade in question gives Samson far more value than Miller which isn’t the case.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Yea I think they’re close in value but the trade in question gives Samson far more value than Miller which isn’t the case.

I edited my post to say Rhino is younger. Both play wing or center. I would not trade Rhino for Miller.

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

I edited my post to say Rhino is younger. Both play wing or center. I would not trade Rhino for Miller.

I wouldn’t only because I don’t think we’re in the position to make that deal and I don’t think Vancouver would either.

A deal with Vancouver for Samson is a good fit, though. I’d be targeting Boeser or Horvat coming the other way.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Really?

I saw it as Sabres get ~ Miller for Reinhart, > a 2nd for Risto , and < 1st for taking on Ericksson

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Really?

I saw it as Sabres get ~ Miller for Reinhart, > a 2nd for Risto , and < 1st for taking on Ericksson

You’re not getting a first for taking on a guy with one year left on his deal at $6M. Especially not from a lottery team.

Edited by Hoss

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

You’re not getting a first for taking on a guy with one year left on his deal at $6M. Especially not from a lottery team.

No you're not but you aren't responding to the entire post.

You might get a late 1st and nobody is taking on Louie for less. And you might also get a late first for Ristolainen.

Pick ~10 and pick ~40 for ~pick 25 and ~pick 26 is ballpark enough that Miller for Reinhart is also ballpark.

16 hours ago, Curt said:

Keyword may be “workable”.  It doesn’t necessarily mean good.  He is someone who could absorb difficult matchups so Mitts/Cozens don’t need to.

Cirelli as the 1C would be workable for a team looking to rebuild and prioritize improvement over the course of the season, yes. It's not a roster you put together if you are looking to make the playoffs, though. 

If the Sabres are trading Jack and Sam any kind of deal that costs picks seems foolish.

They seem poised to to deal two of their three impact talents and most are expecting baskets of hope in return.

That said, I like Garland.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, steveoath said:

If Sam goes, any interest in Garland? 25 y.o. RFA. It won't happen but offer sheet? 

Screenshot_20210523-134002_Brave.jpg

I have interest.  Offersheets aren’t real, but maybe a trade.  At some point I saw that they may not want to give home the raise he might command.

I would trade Olofsson plus a little for him.

If available, I would be interested in trying to trade for Garland regardless of the Jack/Sam situations.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, steveoath said:

If Sam goes, any interest in Garland? 25 y.o. RFA. It won't happen but offer sheet? 

Screenshot_20210523-134002_Brave.jpg

No way I’m giving him an offer sheet but he’s a guy I hope they have interest in regardless of whether Jack/Sam are here.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Here's an idea based on the supposed WPG interest in Risto

Risto(50%) and Pick #33

to WPG for

WPG's 1st this year (Barring a Top 4 Finish of course) (#17 to #23 or so) and WPG's 2nd in 2022.

I’m not really sure what this trade does for us

13 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hell, he's part of the reason I want another later 1st; Arizona needs a 1st and then we'd have one to offer them.

I’m sure we can make a package work without one but I’d only do that Risto deal if Arizona told us “go get us a first.” But I also imagine our 33 should be a good part of a deal if they’re looking for earlier picks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.