Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Reinhart, Eichel, this years 1st unprotected for Byfield, Turcotte, Kalieyv and Bjornfot.

Yes, No?

Not a chance. Eichel for the latter three and a 2023 2nd that turns into a first if Eichel plays in 80% of the Kings games during that timeline. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Dennis Bernstein from the Fourth Period, who does have some good insight into the Kings Front Office, the rest of the league not so much, was on the Sports Bar on Monday. They asked Him what the return from LA for Eichel would be. His response was Byfield, Turcotte, a 1st and 2nd. 

That’s intriguing 

I would take it and run.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

100%.  But If they won’t include Byfield, I think I move on to the next on the list

Do you think I should be more open to Turcotte being part of the deal and not QB? 

I think they could possibly put together an acceptable offer without Byfield, though it’s not what I would prefer.  They have A LOT of good prospects.  

Just now, Curt said:

I think they could possibly put together an acceptable offer without Byfield, though it’s not what I would prefer.  They have A LOT of good prospects.  

What do you think for current players?

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Turcotte will be a leader in the locker room, I spend 15 minutes with Him at the Combine and I was ready to jump on the ice. Which is a scary thought since I haven’t been on ice skates since the Reagan Administration. 

He hasn’t taken the steps since His Draft Year that you would want 

I have had the general impression that he was disappointing a bit so far, but he really has been good, just not excellent.  Mediocre year at Wisconsin, where the whole team kind of struggled, then he has 21 pts in 31 AHL games this season, BUT scoreless his first 6 pro games, so 21 pts in his last 25, and he hasn’t scored a lot of goals, BUT he had a hat trick in his last game.

I really liked him his draft year!  I feel like Cozens, Turcotte, and Beniers could be a great leadership core, even if none of them become real star players.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Dennis Bernstein from the Fourth Period, who does have some good insight into the Kings Front Office, the rest of the league not so much, was on the Sports Bar on Monday. They asked Him what the return from LA for Eichel would be. His response was Byfield, Turcotte, a 1st and 2nd. 

That’s intriguing 

excited andy samberg GIF

16 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

True, but Kane can drive a line, and is unquestionably the better player.  Eichel being young hasn't prevented him from being injured for long stretches most years.  Also, Eichel is a center, but that's not important unless he was a good two way center, and he is not a good two way center.  Kane is more productive and shows less signs of slowing down than Eichel does.  Plus, Kane has the intangible of liking Buffalo.    

And just because his mother squirted  him out on Buffalo soil doesn’t mean he wants to play here. Especially seeing the state of the franchise.

I bet he has 2-3 good years left.

Hard pass.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What do you think for current players?

Kings NHL players?

Well Byfield is playing in the NHL as an 18 year old and a lot of their good prospects really are right on the cusp, but for slightly more established guys........

Adrian Kempe, W, 24

Alex Iafallo, LW, 27

Gabe Vilardi, C, 21 (kind of prospect but full season under his belt

Karl Grundstrom, W, 23

Lias Anderson, W, 22

Trevor Moore, RW, 26

Then they have Dustin Brown, Andres Anthenasiu, Kopitar, Doughty, Olli Maata.  Brown, Kopitar and Doughty have NTCs.

That’s pretty much it.  Realistically, unless you like AA or Maata, you are looking at those first 3 guys for guys who are already NHL acclimated and could make a real difference right away.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Kings NHL players?

Well Byfield is playing in the NHL as an 18 year old and a lot of their good prospects really are right on the cusp, but for slightly more established guys........

Adrian Kempe, W, 24

Alex Iafallo, LW, 27

Gabe Vilardi, C, 21 (kind of prospect but full season under his belt

Karl Grundstrom, W, 23

Lias Anderson, W, 22

Trevor Moore, RW, 26

Then they have Dustin Brown, Andres Anthenasiu, Kopitar, Doughty, Olli Maata.  Brown, Kopitar and Doughty have NTCs.

That’s pretty much it.  Realistically, unless you like AA or Maata, you are looking at those first 3 guys for guys who are already NHL acclimated and could make a real difference right away.  

So would you try to get one of those top 3, or would you rather have the offer you said you'd take and run? Just trying to get a sense for what you'd do for the depth chat if we did deal Eichel for a package like that

25 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

True, but Kane can drive a line, and is unquestionably the better player.  Eichel being young hasn't prevented him from being injured for long stretches most years.  Also, Eichel is a center, but that's not important unless he was a good two way center, and he is not a good two way center.  Kane is more productive and shows less signs of slowing down than Eichel does.  Plus, Kane has the intangible of liking Buffalo.    

Interesting, because Eichel was in the 94% for Defensive Metrics this season per Evolving Hockey. 

Playing defense is optional for Kane and He is right at the age when offensive skills begin to erode. 

He also only has two years left on His Deal, sign Him as a UFA it that time.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So would you try to get one of those top 3, or would you rather have the offer you said you'd take and run? Just trying to get a sense for what you'd do for the depth chat if we did deal Eichel for a package like that

Not at the expense of getting either Byfield or Turcotte.  If you substitute them in for draft picks, then yes.  I could get into specifics about the individual guys, but that’s it in a nutshell.

Part of that is that I’ve always been a Turcotte fan.  I just like him a lot.  If it was another high end prospect instead of him, I might be more willing to drop that prospect out, in favor of an NHL guy.

Byfield there is no way I would drop him out in favor of an NHL guy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

That’s intriguing 

Sign me up for that trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

So I went to that site and I couldn't find what you are referring to on his player page.  I'm no stats expert, but it didn't look like Eichel's defensive stats were good in any extended sample size.  He's never had a season above 50% faceoff wins, and seems to be sheltered against defensive zone starts.  It just got me curious as to what makes you think Eichel is in the 94th percentile defensively.  I wasn't able to corroborate, but am no expert at navigating the fancy stats.  You seem to be suggesting he's good defensively, which defies conventional wisdom to me.

I took a screen shot of His Player Card.

Jack mentioned He wanted to work on His Defensive Game for this season and that did show improvement. 

9B6A2937-3608-4835-902B-88BC7C9B928D.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

That I could probably live with, hell I'll take Brown if they up that 2nd to another protected 1st (I want a lottery protect 1st in 2022 because then there's an opportunity to grab a non-conditional 2023 1st)

Brown has a NTC.  I could see them wanting to unload quick though 

24 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

So I went to that site and I couldn't find what you are referring to on his player page.  I'm no stats expert, but it didn't look like Eichel's defensive stats were good in any extended sample size.  He's never had a season above 50% faceoff wins, and seems to be sheltered against defensive zone starts.  It just got me curious as to what makes you think Eichel is in the 94th percentile defensively.  I wasn't able to corroborate, but am no expert at navigating the fancy stats.  You seem to be suggesting he's good defensively, which defies conventional wisdom to me.

Fun fact, Nathan McKinnon has a career faceoff percentage below 50%

19 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sign me up for that trade. 

KA is going to move Eichel quickly. Nothing to be gained if this lingers into training camp. Turn the page. It sounds like there is a market for Jack.  The key is not getting hung up on no trade return being good enough. Grab the good deal. My old boss had a saying: "Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered."

Edited by PromoTheRobot

24 minutes ago, Curt said:

Not at the expense of getting either Byfield or Turcotte.  If you substitute them in for draft picks, then yes.  I could get into specifics about the individual guys, but that’s it in a nutshell.

Part of that is that I’ve always been a Turcotte fan.  I just like him a lot.  If it was another high end prospect instead of him, I might be more willing to drop that prospect out, in favor of an NHL guy.

Byfield there is no way I would drop him out in favor of an NHL guy.

It would be an interesting trade a week ago, now it’s a home run if that’s the deal

you could potentially land Beniers and Clarke RHD   Or even take Powers, instead of Clarke,  if you want a safer pick 

If Samson won’t sing LT then a trade to the flames for Monahan, plus a prospect

Or maybe a bigger deal for Monahan and Tkachuk  for Samson, Risto , Oloffson 

or maybe .....

Watch after all this day dreaming all 3 be back next year 😂

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He’s from Ithaca, NY but if Eichel is coming to the Kings, I imagine He will want to take one more run in the playoffs.

If he would accept the trade , certainly fits the bill as a veteran leader the team will need