Jump to content

2021 NHL Draft Rankings


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

Is there anyone in this draft to get really excited about in the top 5?

D guys, not a lot of O guys... maybe a couple but seems like they all need development... really hard to say?

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

D guys, not a lot of O guys... maybe a couple but seems like they all need development... really hard to say?

I'd agree with all of this

Link to post
Share on other sites

My concern with Beniers based solely on that clip, he isn't the one creating that chance really. Granted it is 3 goals and we have limited time before them but he is basically just getting in a good position while others do the work. Just something to think about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My concern with Beniers based solely on that clip, he isn't the one creating that chance really. Granted it is 3 goals and we have limited time before them but he is basically just getting in a good position while others do the work. Just something to think about. 

Like Olofsson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weave said:

Like Olofsson.

He is a good example. Note I am not saying that is what Beniers is just something I look at when watching clips. 

Who generates the chaos in the offensive zone that leads to the scoring chance. That is the guy that interests me the most. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WildCard said:

Is there anyone in this draft to get really excited about in the top 5?

Nope.  This is definitely NOT a good year to intentionally or unintentionally tank.  But this will be the year we actually win the lottery!  🤬

Edited by John Tucker
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Nope.  This is definitely NOT a good year to intentionally or unintentionally tank.  But this will be the year we actually win the lottery!  🤬

2nd year. 
 

We should not be this bad.  My word.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a nice primer by Steve Kournianos of The Draft Analyst on his top-32 prospects for the 2021 draft.  He gives a short paragraph scouting report on each guy.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2021-nhl-draft/2021-nhl-draft-rankings-top-32-march/

When thinking about guys for the Sabres, I’m looking for guys who have non stop motors, play a 200 ft game, go to the center of the ice, aren’t afraid to play physical, and have high character.  As many of those as possible.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Curt said:

Here is a nice primer by Steve Kournianos of The Draft Analyst on his top-32 prospects for the 2021 draft.  He gives a short paragraph scouting report on each guy.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2021-nhl-draft/2021-nhl-draft-rankings-top-32-march/

When thinking about guys for the Sabres, I’m looking for guys who have non stop motors, play a 200 ft game, go to the center of the ice, aren’t afraid to play physical, and have high character.  As many of those as possible.

His analysis is very good, but he has a tendency to heavily favor US College Players and USNTDP kids as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

His analysis is very good, but he has a tendency to heavily favor US College Players and USNTDP kids as well

I feel like he tends to favor Russian league players as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

His analysis is very good, but he has a tendency to heavily favor US College Players and USNTDP kids as well

Botterill... is that you?

 

this draft will be a crapshoot but we I think we need to look at players that have the attitude of "plays every shift" which is something that I have been advocating for since at least 2016. You need to find and draft players that have Cozens mindset. JJ, Quinn, Johnson (ik, I am saying something nice!), Cozens are players in this mold. Pekar is as well but he's a 4th line grinder guy so that doesn't really matter. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Botterill... is that you?

 

this draft will be a crapshoot but we I think we need to look at players that have the attitude of "plays every shift" which is something that I have been advocating for since at least 2016. You need to find and draft players that have Cozens mindset. JJ, Quinn, Johnson (ik, I am saying something nice!), Cozens are players in this mold. Pekar is as well but he's a 4th line grinder guy so that doesn't really matter. 

Was thinking the same thing

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need players with a better work ethic, but remember you can't draft for need. Never know, by the time the pick gets here we may have too many "plays every shift" players and need more "takes shifts off" players. 

BPA. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We need players with a better work ethic, but remember you can't draft for need. Never know, by the time the pick gets here we may have too many "plays every shift" players and need more "takes shifts off" players. 

BPA. 

WILLIAM EKLUND!

 

Edited by LGR4GM
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Eklund project to C? I'd be leaning C

Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to take interest in this stuff till right around draft time tbh this time

Edited by Thorny
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thorny said:

Does Eklund project to C? I'd be leaning C

... ummm probably not. Honestly though, when you get clips of him at C, he looks good. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

... ummm probably not. Honestly though, when you get clips of him at C, he looks good. 

We have so many left shot left wings lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why you don't trade Eichel. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We have so many left shot left wings lol 

We should trade one. 

Personally, I wouldn't re-sign Hall for more than 3 years if at all, he's not bringing a lot. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

WILLIAM EKLUND!

 

I want see him with a body on him in the corners absorbing a hit and coming out.  Nice shot but he has way too much space that wont happen in NHL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...