2020-'21 Sabres Prospects

Quinn had his best period in the 3rd. They moved him up with Byfield late when they were pressing for the tying goal, including with the goalie pulled and you can tell he really wanted to be there, getting into scoring position and demanding the puck. The empty-netters will make him a minus on the score sheet, but I was pretty happy with his game, especially as the game went on.

it was really nice to watch a hockey game again. It is late November after all.

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not from what I've seen today.

I mean I haven't been watching him as closely as Quinn and Cozens obviously, but he's not stood out.

Really, none of the 2020 picks have, not even Byfield.

It's true what they say about this being a 19-year-old tourney.

Along with Dach the other stud has been Bowen Byrum.

Sorry I was being snarky. I liked Jarvis but am not upset we didn't take him. 

Quinn I find fascinating. I bet as camp goes on we start to hear more and more from Quinn. 

Cuts apparently happening after Tuesday scrimmage.

They are going to send 12-15 players home to get the roster down closer to 30.

The way things stand after last night, I would be surprised if Quinn is among the cuts, but he's not so safe guys currently on the outside can't knock him out by outplaying him Tuesday.

Cozens remains at or near the top of the list and will be on the team.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Guess he'll (Quinn) have to put up or go home. 

Cozens seems to be all centre so far.

Tomasino has been lighting it up on Dach's right side, but the right-side spots with Byfield and Cozens are still wide open, IMO. A spot is there for Jack to grab.

Edited by dudacek
2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Cozens seems to be all centre so far.

Tomasino has been lighting it up on Dach's right side, but the right-side spots with Byfield and Cozens are still wide open, IMO. A spot is there for Jack to grab.

I think Quinn with Cozens would be great. Quinn's shot and 2-way game mixed with Cozens speed/power and 2-way game. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure how much weight the staff will put on points, but our guys stand up well:

Out of the 46 guys in camp, Cozens is tied for third in scoring with 3 points in a little over four periods.

Quinn is tied for 6th (and leading Team Red) with 2 points in two games. And he has not been feeding off a stud (hi Conor Zary), playing most of his shifts with fellow bubble guys Rees and Suzuki.

Bourque, Perfetti and Jarvis have a point each. Byfield, Krebs, Lapierre, Poulin and Wright have none.

Edited by dudacek