2020-'21 Sabres Prospects

Taro T

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

I agree with Samuelsson/McCabe comparison: similar talent level and role, on and off the ice.

Except Samuelsson is Risto size and doesn’t skate as well as McCabe.  

I think he’ll be a fine NHL player.  These same commentators said McCabe was a third pairing guy and he has grown into a top pairing shutdown guy. I’m not saying Samuelsson will reach that level but he’ll be solid in our zone, makes us so much harder to play against and add McCabe like offense.  

We could do worse

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think he’ll be a fine NHL player.  These same commentators said McCabe was a third pairing guy and he has grown into a top pairing shutdown guy. I’m not saying Samuelsson will reach that level but he’ll be solid in our zone, makes us so much harder to play against and add McCabe like offense.  

We could do worse

I don't think this is true, but I do think people believe it is and therefore devalue him.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don't think this is true, but I do think people believe it is and therefore devalue him.

Maybe it’s positioning but I think McCabe is a better skater then people give him credit for.  
From my limited viewing of Samuelsson in international play and a few college games he looks fine but I don’t see him outskating many people.

I also wouldn’t have placed Johnson over him in the ratings. 

I was surprised that Weissbach was so highly rated.  He seemed to take a step back last year.  However I looked at his season Ytd and he seems to have found his game again.  

I also can’t wait for Pekar to completely prove Wheeler wrong.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:16 AM, LGR4GM said:

This kid that you believe in, barely was relevant in a team scrimmage. That is concerning. When he plays and NHL game, he won't be noticeable because he his package doesn't work...

Deeply concerning for such a young man.  Video games can affect libido.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We could do worse

Whoa.  Buried the lead here.  McCabe is playing well right now, but that’s a big statement.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Whoa.  Buried the lead here.  McCabe is playing well right now, but that’s a big statement.

What else do you call the guy who plays around 20 minutes a night with no PP time that the coaches put on the ice in key defensive situations. He is starting 58% of the time in our zone.  This is a trend that started under PH and RK continues today.

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What else do you call the guy who plays around 20 minutes a night with no PP time that the coaches put on the ice in key defensive situations. He is starting 58% of the time in our zone.  This is a trend that started under PH and RK continues today.

McCabe has been really good for a while now, like, a couple of seasons. Once he realized that he didn't have to kill someone by hitting them every chance he had, and stopped making that one WTF play a game, he's been really solid.

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Ok.  I guess on if you mean that as an assessment of the quality of the player or an assessment of the usage of the player.

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

McCabe has been really good for a while now, like, a couple of seasons. Once he realized that he didn't have to kill someone by hitting them every chance he had, and stopped making that one WTF play a game, he's been really solid.

McCabe certain can fit into Krueger’s play style, like hand in glove.  He was solid last year as well.  Dependable.  I just was slightly taken aback at seeing him described as a top pair guy.  I don’t think of him as that quality of player.

Maybe I need to watch him closely and think on this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eight Candidates for the Sabres Eventual Top 3 selection in the 2021 Draft - Die By The Blade

God I love Matty Beniers. Watch his video, just a dog on the puck in the middle of ice, and fabulous phone booth puck control and quickness.

Ralph is gone so his patience approach won't ruin dis guy, let's hire someone who appreciates his style now and draft him.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Eight Candidates for the Sabres Eventual Top 3 selection in the 2021 Draft - Die By The Blade

God I love Matty Beniers. Watch his video, just a dog on the puck in the middle of ice, and fabulous phone booth puck control and quickness.

Ralph is gone so his patience approach won't ruin dis guy, let's hire someone who appreciates his style now and draft him.

So who falls to us at 4?

14 hours ago, steveoath said:

Wiessbach now out. After 4 years in college does he sign with Sabres? Or go to free agency?

We try to sign him -- I hope.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.