Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Tampa is probably the least dangerous team to trade Risto to, in that I don't think there is a possible combination of completely awful assets to get back. There should be something worthwhile coming back if it happens

Just now, Derrico said:

Ummm yes please?  What's the deal with him?  Thought all was good in Nashville?  What I miss?

He had a down year and they have some cap issues and want Duchene (I think they need to re-sign another defenseman too)

I'd bet on PK bouncing back more than this season being the new PK. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Tampa is probably the least dangerous team to trade Risto to, in that I don't think there is a possible combination of completely awful assets to get back. There should be something worthwhile coming back if it happens

That's what concerns me with a Vancouver deal.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Assuming we flip Risto, who is interested in replacing him with P.K. Subban?

I'd go streaking to celebrate. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Right? Like sure, for Horvat, but you know they're not giving him up, and the gap between him and their next asset is maaaaaaaaaaaaassive

Right. Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes. None of those are happening, and everything else is horrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

He had a down year and they have some cap issues and want Duchene (I think they need to re-sign another defenseman too)

I'd bet on PK bouncing back more than this season being the new PK. 

If Risto could be moved for a nice second line centre and then we trade Subban for a reasonable buy low then that is a huge offseason for Botts.  Some risk with him being 30 but he's still a hell of a player.

Think the Preds would be interested in a deal centred on 31?

How about the “ROR package” say, Nylander, 31 and a young D? basically frees up everything they need to sign Duchene, who wants to be there.

Not many people going to be able to absorb a $9 million contract.

You know Poile is going to make a big move.

Edited by dudacek

9 minutes ago, Derrico said:

If Risto could be moved for a nice second line centre and then we trade Subban for a reasonable buy low then that is a huge offseason for Botts.  Some risk with him being 30 but he's still a hell of a player.

He's in that class of player that you don't worry about legs giving away anytime soon because the skating is so strong for sure

PK is interesting, to be sure.

$9MM per year for this coming season and the following 2.

He just turned 30.

He missed 19 games last season and his average ice time was down to 22:40 from 24:07 the prior year.

We shouldn't pretend there is no risk of locker room issues as these were the rumors in Montreal and now Nashville apparently is interested in trading him after 3 seasons.

Still -- if the moves suggested upthread come true -- i.e. parlaying Risto, 31, Nylander and, say, Borgen into PK and a creditable #2 center -- that would be great.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Do the Rags have another first round pick? If so, I'd be interested to see if we could build something around giving us Kreider for swapping firsts

Nope, they only have one

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26092359/2019-nhl-draft-picks-all-31-teams

Edited by WildCard

Just now, Brawndo said:

I'd totally be willing to beat other teams for this guy. Load him and McCabe up with some tough but not ridiculously frequent minutes 

Just now, WildCard said:

Hmmmmm, not sure Kreider's in the cards for us then. Though he looked real good next to Jack at that tournament

I guess that's Skinner's spot though

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Do the Rags have another first round pick? If so, I'd be interested to see if we could build something around giving us Kreider for swapping firsts

I love Kreider but he's 1 year away from UFA and will be 29 before the end of next season.  I wouldn't want to give up what the Rangers will require for him without an extension in hand -- and I don't want to give a 29-year-old winger a contract that is longer than 4 years.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

Don't let your mouth write a check that your bare ass can't cash.

George. Louis. Costanza. 

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Why in the world would Colorado move Barrie? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.