Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

15. May mean something, may mean nothing, but both Montreal and New Jersey sent a different mix of scouts to separate games in Buffalo. (First was against Arizona, second versus the Islanders.) When I first started, a GM told me to look for that kind of thing.

From 31 Thoughts this week 

37 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

15. May mean something, may mean nothing, but both Montreal and New Jersey sent a different mix of scouts to separate games in Buffalo. (First was against Arizona, second versus the Islanders.) When I first started, a GM told me to look for that kind of thing.

From 31 Thoughts this week 

I bet Jersey would like some defensive depth to get Matt Tennyson off the regular roster.

I don't understand what either team would give-up for Ristolainen?  Hall is UFA.. Risto shouldn't be traded out for a rental looking for his big pay-day.  Maybe Suzuki from MTL?  Shiny new toys typically don't get traded out though.  It'd be the inter-division premium price though.

If they want Scandella, taking Armia back would be nice.  Anderson gives Tage some competition.  Of course Scandella goes and gets himself injured as soon as interest comes.

At least both teams have some cap space to take on some cap in return.  Makes me think a prospect in return is more likely.

Edited by triumph_communes

With Chicago struggling do you think they ever move Kane before his contract is up.  Would you want him in Buffalo for the next four years? What would you have to give up to get him?

I think he could be good for Jack.  They would have to take on some salary back.  Risto, Mitts,  ERod,  2021 1st rd pick.

36 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

With Chicago struggling do you think they ever move Kane before his contract is up.  Would you want him in Buffalo for the next four years? What would you have to give up to get him?

I think he could be good for Jack.  They would have to take on some salary back.  Risto, Mitts,  ERod,  2021 1st rd pick.

I'd prefer a player 24 to 27 to be honest, when considering 4 more years. I am hesitant to put stock in guys going in to their early/mid 30's, even skilled guys. Not to say all would fall off production wise on a serious scale, but the odds are not in favor of striking lightning.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

They might be interested because he's the nephew of a guy who played there for 3 years?

He’s from the area is the key point. It’s like any kid from Ontario wants to play for the Leafs, according to the press.Momesso is still involved with the team via the media.

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Presumably Sobotka is the top 6 guy on the outside looking in should a W or C that can fit into the top 6 be brought in.  (As Olofsson could slide down or Johansson could slide to wing depending on who gets brought in, either move which hopefully makes Vlad expendable.)

But which guy is outside looking in that's currently bottom 6?  The 4th line does what it's tasked to do very well, so would be hesitant to punt any of the.  Vesey adds size and a defensive responsibility (who knew?) to the 3rd line and Sheary and Mittelstadt seem to have a chemistry.  Both lines could definitely be better (as could the top 2 lines) but neither are terrible and not sure who's odd man looking in.

LeBrun in The Athletic reported that Carolina and Buffalo are interested in moving a defenseman for a forward, although Buffalo will more likely wait until November is over as they are worried the number of games they have and they like their depth on defense. 

My worry is with the offense looking dire lately, that will be a lot of points missed out on between now and December 1st

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Presumably Sobotka is the top 6 guy on the outside looking in should a W or C that can fit into the top 6 be brought in.  (As Olofsson could slide down or Johansson could slide to wing depending on who gets brought in, either move which hopefully makes Vlad expendable.)

But which guy is outside looking in that's currently bottom 6?  The 4th line does what it's tasked to do very well, so would be hesitant to punt any of the.  Vesey adds size and a defensive responsibility (who knew?) to the 3rd line and Sheary and Mittelstadt seem to have a chemistry.  Both lines could definitely be better (as could the top 2 lines) but neither are terrible and not sure who's odd man looking in.

I suppose they could look to upgrade on Rodrigues.  That's a bit of an odd spot to target in trade, the 13th forward, particularly if you aren't moving out a forward or two in any of these deals.

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

LeBrun in The Athletic reported that Carolina and Buffalo are interested in moving a defenseman for a forward, although Buffalo will more likely wait until November is over as they are worried the number of games they have and they like their depth on defense. 

My worry is with the offense looking dire lately, that will be a lot of points missed out on between now and December 1st

Agreed. They really can't afford to wait too long if they want to get some goal scoring in the top 6.

I am enjoying actual trade speculation returning to this thread. 

1 hour ago, ... said:

This overseas trip is likely getting in the way of making anything happen.

Yeah, would be pretty classless to trade a player while they're overseas. "Vlad, don't go out for the 2nd period. You've been traded to San Jose. Someone on their end will be contacting you soon to arrange travel."

2 hours ago, ... said:

This overseas trip is likely getting in the way of making anything happen.

Trade deadline, UFAs, RFAs, training camp, Montour’s return, Sweden trip.  Seems like there’s always some next hill that needs to be created before a trade can happen.  I’ll be waiting patiently.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

Trade deadline, UFAs, RFAs, training camp, Montour’s return, Sweden trip.  Seems like there’s always some next hill that needs to be created before a trade can happen.  I’ll be waiting patiently.

You don't seem patient though ?.   Seriously Botts has made several trades last year , signend Mojo to a good UFA deal.    I think its normal for him to evaluate the team after the first 6 weeks and see what is needed to improve.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.